CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

+99
zanajh
~*Kiana*~
Scarletjazz
Kimmie0810
Treece
willame1
curlya
mizcreativelyme
lanette26
.:Eden:.
LOVELYREAN
Aisha
k-billionaire
Mizz Niecy
curlykinks
MissAfrobella
Blackbeauty
naturalmommyGA
mamatai76
LadyRae
MsIconic
ojokt
BlondeByDesire
c. janae
perkynapp
veggiegirl
vailfranklin
Inga O
JadoreBrittanie
RandRlove
NuNappyNai
Blakk Buttaflyy
ReneesCurls
loveself247
theprfktangel
trpd123
tiashaunteé
AriVee
MahoganyCurls
Éllenatural
xtremelyperfect
Rock'n Natural Curls
svrbrownsuga
d.denise
jamelliaroddy
pnkcupcake
Renegade Behavior
Magnolia Flower
NaturallyStarlet
jamaicacurl
KDiva430
snappynappy
O'soLuscious Fro
SoFlyy
Lykia
Del Monte Jan
danielle
lofomia
divadr175
theboldandthecurly
NhappyJackie
jada07
Maguette
beautifuleyez
Armywife
KreyolKatt
kservia
hazeleyed89
curlyamazon
zanii0506
Little Miss
kinky_situation
Free2009
CurlyNOLA
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
StacyWash
NubieNatty
Neems
ChiChi10
DivineShine
techne
tiannaej
heavenlyhummingbird
NikG20
olive_honey
LuvMeLuvMyFro
SkyB
locfreeme
kinksncoils
Karibbee
CurlyDoesIt...
t3delight
praizecurlz
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
farenmonique
so1913
Namun
*CurlyNikki*
103 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by ReneesCurls 20th November 2009, 1:15 pm

I think I would name my hair "Re-Run" because the only thing I ever do is my signature bantu/twistout combo! :-P

ReneesCurls

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by *CurlyNikki* 20th November 2009, 2:05 pm

Dang! Y'all are super creative! This is gonna be tough!
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakk Buttaflyy 20th November 2009, 2:24 pm

I call my hair Mia Destiny. Which is basically My Destiny. I call it that because I feel like I was destined to go natural. Its not really creative I guess, but its sentimental of my journey.
Blakk Buttaflyy
Blakk Buttaflyy

Back to top Go down

Post by NuNappyNai 20th November 2009, 4:12 pm

If I could name my hair I would call her "ForEverChange" She is fierce and put together one week, and then changed to something totally different the next week!

I love the way my hair is able to transform and become something beautiful each and every time!
NuNappyNai
NuNappyNai

https://www.facebook.com/jonaisullivansimon

Back to top Go down

Post by RandRlove 20th November 2009, 6:13 pm

My hair would be named HalfnHalf because its half relaxed and half natural.

RandRlove

Back to top Go down

Post by JadoreBrittanie 20th November 2009, 7:25 pm

My hair's name truly depends on the style I wear it in...
When I wear my curls with a flower near my ear, I call her Billie (and boy does she sing the blues sometimes.)
On days that I have my hair in twists for my modified twist-n-curl, my spouse calls her "Felicia" from the movie Friday..*in my Felicia voice, "Craig! Can I borrow ur VCR?!* lol
And on any other day, especially wash day and straight days, I call her "HoneyChild". Mainly because my hair LOVES honey and I use it regularly in my routine. But "Honeychild" is also perfect because it makes my think of my days of getting my hair pressed while listening to my mom gossip on the phone. She would get real deep in her conversation and burn me then tell her friend, "Honeychild, this hair is too long and curly to deal with. Sometimes, I just want to cut it all off."..lol
JadoreBrittanie
JadoreBrittanie

http://luxeglam.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty My Hair's Name

Post by Inga O 20th November 2009, 7:46 pm

WOW there are a lot of really great names!

I would Name my hair "Wild Thing" because it makes my heart sing. It marches to it's own wild beat and doesn't care if one side is straight or flat and the other curly! I just go with her flow. I love my "Wild Thing" and no matter how many times my hair stylist mother tries to get me to tame her, I just let her be her.

Inga O
Inga O
Inga O

Back to top Go down

Post by vailfranklin 20th November 2009, 10:58 pm

I call my hair Cotton. It's fluffy. It's full. It grows up and out, reaching to the Heavens as if in celebration!!

Last edited by vailfranklin on 21st November 2009, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

vailfranklin

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway - name of fro

Post by veggiegirl 21st November 2009, 12:11 am

For now, I would call it, "Very Low Fro." I don't want to get too personal w/this hairstyle because I'm looking forward to my hair growing out a little more.

veggiegirl

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty My hair's name

Post by perkynapp 21st November 2009, 12:38 am

I have been calling my hair perkynapp for two years now! thats her perky, nappy, but ohhhh so happy baby [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
perkynapp
perkynapp

Back to top Go down

Post by c. janae 21st November 2009, 5:26 am

I would name my hair Unique Diva Spirals because my curls do what they want, but when they do act right, I look fly and my hair soaks up all the compliments like water! hahaha!
c. janae
c. janae

https://www.youtube.com/cjanaew

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st November 2009, 10:30 am

My name would be [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sunshine [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] because my hair brightens my day each and every day. It sparkles and glistens when the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] hits it's pure sunshine and I simply adore it. My color is so vibrant and beautiful and I know it will only intesify once I become a full natural head. My transition journey has taken me to places far and beyond my expectations and to a place I had never thought about or contemplated until I starting seeing all the beautiful naturals and all its diversity. My future is bright and I'm gonna embrace each and every day and whatever my naturalness brings my way. My hair truly is Blended Beauty...

Last edited by BlondeByDesire on 22nd November 2009, 8:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add text)
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ojokt 21st November 2009, 2:28 pm

My TWA is named 'Ayo,' which means joy in my native language, Yoruba. I named her Ayo because that's exactly what I felt when I discovered her :-)
ojokt
ojokt

Back to top Go down

Post by MsIconic 21st November 2009, 5:50 pm

If my hair had a name, it would be ManeSqueeze because my hair has always been big, curly and wild (even with a relaxer), so my mom called it my lion's mane.(I even played the lion in "Where The Wild Things Are" play in elementary school because my hair was so big and curly!)
I've always had a see-saw relationship with my hair, trying to get it to lay straight, and hating it for rebelling. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But I have finally fallen in love with my natural curls, and since I've accepted my hair the way God made it, I feel complete! The lion's mane represents power and strength. And I like the play on words of "main squeeze". Your main squeeze is your primary lover, and the most important person to you, and I've fallen in love with my hair. Hence, my hair is called my ManeSqueeze!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MsIconic
MsIconic

http://www.almostsimple.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyRae 21st November 2009, 6:46 pm

I would name my hair, 'Free.' One reason is just b/c I've loved the name ever since I used to watch 106&Park with Free and AJ. But the big reason is because my hair has always been a major source of my self esteem probs ever since I was little. It's like the creamy crack and my hair have been the lighter and cigarettes, and my SE has been the lungs. Perms might be the 'thing' to do, but everything ain't for everybody. Since I transitioned and am natural now, I feel, well, free [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ! And I believe my hair does, too. And it really makes a point sometimes to emphasize this newfound freedom! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yea, so that's why my hair's name is Free. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by LadyRae on 21st November 2009, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity.)

LadyRae

Back to top Go down

Post by mamatai76 21st November 2009, 7:00 pm

If I had a name for my hair it would be SoopahFro! I am loving how big it's getting and I am almost mad on like my first day twistouts because it is nowhere near as big as I want it to be. But by the end of the week......SOOPAHFRO!!
mamatai76
mamatai76

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalmommyGA 21st November 2009, 8:44 pm

If I named my hair I would call her Nefertiti! When I BD'd my hair that was the was the first thing my cousin called me when she saw my pictures that day! Smile So, I consider myself a natural queen..so why not!
naturalmommyGA
naturalmommyGA

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway

Post by Blackbeauty 23rd November 2009, 1:56 pm

Bellissima is the name of my TWA for short I call her Bella, both are Italian for beautiful!!!

She got that name because one morning I was spritzing her down with water & shook my head to revive my curls!! That morning my curls popped out at me said GOOD MORNING!!! My 1st thought was Bellissima, how beautiful my hair is naturally!!! By calling her Bella daily I think she's might getting a bit of big head but thats ok though because the more confident she is the more she works out nice for me!!
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MissAfrobella 24th November 2009, 2:27 am

I like this topic/question 8-) I just registered right now so that I could participate!
So, my coils have a lot of personality and a greeeat sense of humor. I know that sounds odd so I'll explain... This topic is actually very fitting b/c the experience I had with my hair this past weekend has caused me to find a very appropriate name for it!

And so I was getting ready to go out for my bday on saturday- I had prepped my hair on friday cuz I was plannin to rock a bangin' bantu knot out for the evening. Giiiiirl, I thought I was going to have the best results ever so I went to grab my camera to record the "big reveal" for my youtube channel...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Let me tell you how my hair just laughed at me and didn't follow a single curl pattern! That being said, I would have to name my fro LOL, SMILEY FACE b/c my hair literally laughed out loud at me for trying that style but then ended up giving me a smiley face when I figured out an updo to save my night! Hehehehe, on second thought, I'm going to have to borrow a line from Ed Lover and give my fro a middle name: C'MON SON. I swear if my hair could talk it would have said, "C'MON SON! You know I ain't about no bantu knots right now...C'MON SON!
MissAfrobella
MissAfrobella

Back to top Go down

Post by curlykinks 24th November 2009, 9:55 am

I'd have to say my hair's name would be Sybil - yes, just like the character from the movie with the multiple personalities! We have a love-hate relationship (mostly love), though she tends to run the show and decide how she wants to look/behave on an given day. At the same time, I also feel the name is a reflection of her versatility - big, curly 'fro one day, two-strand twists or coils tomorrow and possibly an updo the next - ever-changing!
curlykinks
curlykinks

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway

Post by Mizz Niecy 24th November 2009, 11:14 am

I would have to call my hair
Multiple "Kinky" Personality
One side is major depressed and the other side is a little hypomanic at times, but with medication (shea butter, coconut oil and castor oil, DT) it's stable.

Mizz Niecy

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 4 Empty re:Blended Beauty Giveaway

Post by k-billionaire 25th November 2009, 8:10 pm

Hello Ladies!!! I am new to the site and it is wonderful! I would name my fro Boosie!!!! Don't know why but I think the name fits my fro!!!

Happy Holidays!!!
k-billionaire
k-billionaire

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha 26th November 2009, 6:22 pm

I would nickname my hair Charmin because it is fluffy, cottony and "ultra soft!" Lol. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Aisha

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVELYREAN 28th November 2009, 3:18 pm

My hair name is "PHOENIX". Simply because it has been through some things, and you know what I'm talking about! It got to the point where I thought my hair was actually ruined forever from the years of abuse from relaxers. The night I did my big chop, I said a little prayer and went for it. Fast forward 3 months later, risen from the ashes, and it is the most beautiful thing I have seen. That night of Sept. 24, 2009, PHOENIX was born!!!!
LOVELYREAN
LOVELYREAN

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th December 2009, 6:51 pm

I think I would call her Modest. She likes the simple things and doesn't need a whole lot in order to satisfy her. If given too much she gets uncomfortable.

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next