CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

+99
zanajh
~*Kiana*~
Scarletjazz
Kimmie0810
Treece
willame1
curlya
mizcreativelyme
lanette26
.:Eden:.
LOVELYREAN
Aisha
k-billionaire
Mizz Niecy
curlykinks
MissAfrobella
Blackbeauty
naturalmommyGA
mamatai76
LadyRae
MsIconic
ojokt
BlondeByDesire
c. janae
perkynapp
veggiegirl
vailfranklin
Inga O
JadoreBrittanie
RandRlove
NuNappyNai
Blakk Buttaflyy
ReneesCurls
loveself247
theprfktangel
trpd123
tiashaunteé
AriVee
MahoganyCurls
Éllenatural
xtremelyperfect
Rock'n Natural Curls
svrbrownsuga
d.denise
jamelliaroddy
pnkcupcake
Renegade Behavior
Magnolia Flower
NaturallyStarlet
jamaicacurl
KDiva430
snappynappy
O'soLuscious Fro
SoFlyy
Lykia
Del Monte Jan
danielle
lofomia
divadr175
theboldandthecurly
NhappyJackie
jada07
Maguette
beautifuleyez
Armywife
KreyolKatt
kservia
hazeleyed89
curlyamazon
zanii0506
Little Miss
kinky_situation
Free2009
CurlyNOLA
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
StacyWash
NubieNatty
Neems
ChiChi10
DivineShine
techne
tiannaej
heavenlyhummingbird
NikG20
olive_honey
LuvMeLuvMyFro
SkyB
locfreeme
kinksncoils
Karibbee
CurlyDoesIt...
t3delight
praizecurlz
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
farenmonique
so1913
Namun
*CurlyNikki*
103 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by StacyWash 19th November 2009, 3:10 pm

Liberati - cause I feel liberated and empowered in so many ways [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
StacyWash
StacyWash

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty Hair Name

Post by PeaceLove&Freckles:) 19th November 2009, 3:20 pm

My hair's name would be Jamilla Jones. Modeled after Cleopatra Jones of the 70's. It is strong and amazing and beautiful just like Cleopatra.

PeaceLove&Freckles:)

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by CurlyNOLA 19th November 2009, 3:35 pm

Ms. Let It Do What It Do. Once I let go....

CurlyNOLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2009 19th November 2009, 3:44 pm

i would call mine... COURAGE.
it took a lot of courage for me to go natural.... and not only that, i have had alot of ppl tell me that a girl with natural hair speaks "courage".... they say, "You're one brave girl." I agree. me AND my hair. Smile
Free2009
Free2009

http://www.mathhtutoring.com, www.fotki.com/Free2009

Back to top Go down

Post by kinky_situation 19th November 2009, 3:53 pm

My hair's name would be "Curls Interrupted" because I've got so many different texures going on. There's 3b, 3c, 4a, 4b...a little bit of everything, but I LOVE it! I just twist it up, braid it up and make it work. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
kinky_situation
kinky_situation

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty Hair Name

Post by Little Miss 19th November 2009, 3:58 pm

Hello Fam,

If my hair had a name it would be "Darling Nikki." I was thinking of names all week, and that song popped into my head. I like the name because I think my TWA is so sexy and she is a "fiend" but of a different kind. My Darling Nikki loves water, olive oil, and all things healthy.

Little Miss

Back to top Go down

Post by zanii0506 19th November 2009, 4:35 pm

the other night, my S.O. and I were watching a moive. my hair was in a twist out and i had on a head band. he then told me i looke like Sideshow Bob from The Simpsons. At first I was like "what the crap?!!!" *insert a mental neck roll and cutting of the eyes*. I said nothing, and laid back down in the bed. He then proceeded to play in my hair for the next 45. I guess Sideshow's hair isn't that bad Smile

So I'd call my Sideshow T (my middle initial). My hair doesn't make me whom I am, but it's glorious in it's own right and definitely deserves it's own show. It's a bonus feature to an already beautiful woman.
zanii0506
zanii0506

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty What would I name my hair?....

Post by curlyamazon 19th November 2009, 4:37 pm

I would have to go with naming my hair...ANGELICA...and not for the reason you may think:) I used to watch this cartoon on Nick with toddlers called Rugrats. ANGELICA ran the show, and not in a good way. Some say she was just well loved (or spoiled) and misunderstood. Either way, she was a fiesty little thang that would do whatEVER she wanted to whenever she wanted to. Got into all kinds of mischief....That's my hair. It's so tempermental and fiesty...like a lil' toddler in training. It might like nice in the photo, but whew, when my hair shows it's tail....I'll just say, it has embarrased me in public plenty 'o times LOL!! But I'm working on training her up right, tho' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ya'll pray for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
curlyamazon
curlyamazon

Back to top Go down

Post by hazeleyed89 19th November 2009, 4:54 pm

I would name my hair Kanye (West) because it does whatever the hell it wants too, whether I approve or NOT!!!
hazeleyed89
hazeleyed89

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty blended beauty

Post by kservia 19th November 2009, 4:57 pm

WOW! This is so generous of you. Whomever wins sounds like they'll get a great product.

kservia

Back to top Go down

Post by KreyolKatt 19th November 2009, 5:13 pm

Well let's see.... I definitely undergo an attitude change when my hair is out. I'm super confident.... like " please don't say anything to me"-kind of confident. I couldn't care less who likes my hair or not. Usually,when I'm done primping in the mirror, I sing these lyrics to my hubby( and he rolls his eyes but knows that it's true)....

"She's saying that's ok
Hey baby do what you please
I have the stuff the you want
I am the thing that you need "

.... So I dub my hair Dirty Diana.... not because I'm a groupie, and definitely not because it's dirty, but because of the confidence "she" exudes. ( and because I looove MJ Smile

Last edited by Kattya on 19th November 2009, 7:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
KreyolKatt
KreyolKatt

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 19th November 2009, 5:23 pm

I would name my hair rough and ready. I love being natural!!!
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 19th November 2009, 5:46 pm

Crownin' Glory! Because she is certainly a gift and glory to my life, my style! She helps my self expression of my uniqueness and individuality and I absolutely LOVE her for that. Sometimes she gets cranky and needs a little extra TLC but she ALWAYZ shines!!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Maguette 19th November 2009, 6:17 pm

I love my hair more and more each day, but I would have to name her Chase, as in Chase Bank. I'm constantly withdrawing money from the bank to deposit it into Chase. Since my BC in Dec 08, I've become a product junkie, thanks to CurlyNikki and all the wonderful product reviews [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]. Hopefully I'll soon find the perfect products in which case I'll rename her Prize, and will gladly show her off.
Maguette
Maguette

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 19th November 2009, 6:37 pm

I am loving all of the names so far!!

I had never thought about it until I saw this post but since my hair has stuck with me through years of relaxers, through 2 years of transitioning, and finally through my BC in September and the learning process that comes with it, I'm going to have to call her Maximus because she has really been a soldier through this and I love her for it! (Maximus was the name of the character from the movie Gladiator.)

Thanks for the wonderful site Curly Nikki!
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 19th November 2009, 6:41 pm

My hair's name is "Journey". When I did my BC 5days ago, I did it for spiritual and personal reasons. I didn't look at myself until she was done styling it for me. When I looked in the mirror I remember saying "It looks like I'm getting ready to go somewhere and have fun!!!" That's when I realized, letting go of the person that the world help me become is going to allow me to take a journey through life the way God wants me to. So, I'm ready for this spiritual and personal journey that I'm getting ready to embark on. And, falling in love with my "Journey" is only the beginning of it.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty Blended

Post by theboldandthecurly 19th November 2009, 6:47 pm

I love love love the names so far.....!!! I name my hair "[Lolita]....I think that name exudes foxiness and bounce just like my curls...I love it!!
theboldandthecurly
theboldandthecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th November 2009, 6:54 pm

hazeleyed89 wrote:I would name my hair Kanye (West) because it does whatever the hell it wants too, whether I approve or NOT!!!

hahahahaha love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th November 2009, 6:58 pm

beautifuleyez wrote:Crownin' Glory! Because she is certainly a gift and glory to my life, my style! She helps my self expression of my uniqueness and individuality and I absolutely LOVE her for that. Sometimes she gets cranky and needs a little extra TLC but she ALWAYZ shines!!

Beautiful Avatar!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 19th November 2009, 7:19 pm

Blessing! Matthew 10:30 reminds me that God has numbered every hair on my head. What a blessing to know he loves me and what a great way to be reminded everyday!
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 19th November 2009, 7:28 pm

divadr175 wrote:Blessing! Matthew 10:30 reminds me that God has numbered every hair on my head. What a blessing to know he loves me and what a great way to be reminded everyday!

AMEN!
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by lofomia 19th November 2009, 7:39 pm

When I first went natural I did get the side looks so I made a shirt that said God [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] my hair. People just don't get that God made everything and everyone and that He doesn't make mistakes. So I guess if I had to name my fro anything it would be Precious because I'm sure that's what God said when he fashioned my hair on my head.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lofomia
lofomia

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 19th November 2009, 7:51 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:
beautifuleyez wrote:Crownin' Glory! Because she is certainly a gift and glory to my life, my style! She helps my self expression of my uniqueness and individuality and I absolutely LOVE her for that. Sometimes she gets cranky and needs a little extra TLC but she ALWAYZ shines!!

Beautiful Avatar!!

Thank you ;-)
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 19th November 2009, 8:02 pm

theboldandthecurly wrote:I love love love the names so far.....!!! I name my hair "[Lolita]....I think that name exudes foxiness and bounce just like my curls...I love it!!

awww...thats one of my middle names! Work it girl!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 2 Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway

Post by danielle 19th November 2009, 8:39 pm

My hair's name would be Chameleon. I've been natural for 15 years and it changes every year.

danielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next