CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

+99
zanajh
~*Kiana*~
Scarletjazz
Kimmie0810
Treece
willame1
curlya
mizcreativelyme
lanette26
.:Eden:.
LOVELYREAN
Aisha
k-billionaire
Mizz Niecy
curlykinks
MissAfrobella
Blackbeauty
naturalmommyGA
mamatai76
LadyRae
MsIconic
ojokt
BlondeByDesire
c. janae
perkynapp
veggiegirl
vailfranklin
Inga O
JadoreBrittanie
RandRlove
NuNappyNai
Blakk Buttaflyy
ReneesCurls
loveself247
theprfktangel
trpd123
tiashaunteé
AriVee
MahoganyCurls
Éllenatural
xtremelyperfect
Rock'n Natural Curls
svrbrownsuga
d.denise
jamelliaroddy
pnkcupcake
Renegade Behavior
Magnolia Flower
NaturallyStarlet
jamaicacurl
KDiva430
snappynappy
O'soLuscious Fro
SoFlyy
Lykia
Del Monte Jan
danielle
lofomia
divadr175
theboldandthecurly
NhappyJackie
jada07
Maguette
beautifuleyez
Armywife
KreyolKatt
kservia
hazeleyed89
curlyamazon
zanii0506
Little Miss
kinky_situation
Free2009
CurlyNOLA
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
StacyWash
NubieNatty
Neems
ChiChi10
DivineShine
techne
tiannaej
heavenlyhummingbird
NikG20
olive_honey
LuvMeLuvMyFro
SkyB
locfreeme
kinksncoils
Karibbee
CurlyDoesIt...
t3delight
praizecurlz
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
farenmonique
so1913
Namun
*CurlyNikki*
103 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 3 Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by Del Monte Jan 19th November 2009, 9:47 pm

Hi Ladies, my hair's name should be Bertha, because it gets bigger with each passing month. My husband's nickname for it is, the bird's nest, because it looks like a robin's nest and the robins build their nests in the spring and my hair looks like little springs.

Del Monte Jan

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 3 Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by Lykia 19th November 2009, 10:01 pm

My hair's name is chaka khan on a good hair day because it's big and beautiful with every curl on my head just popping out of everywhere... puff*an*stuff when it's crazy and loves to just be free,wild,crazy and looks like I can't fit through the door..but i love both styles either way

Lykia

Back to top Go down

Post by SoFlyy 19th November 2009, 10:20 pm

Buttercup. It's sweet, little, and fasinating
SoFlyy
SoFlyy

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 3 Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway!!

Post by O'soLuscious Fro 19th November 2009, 10:39 pm

Hello Curlys!!

I call my hair O'so!! I call it that because its O'soLuscious. That's what a male friend named it when he was touching my fro. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
O'soLuscious Fro
O'soLuscious Fro

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 19th November 2009, 11:06 pm

Madame ShrinkyDink

My shrinkage is astronomical. when stretched/straightened I am almost shoulder length, but when I wet my hair it goes down to about 1.5 inches. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by KDiva430 19th November 2009, 11:12 pm

lofomia wrote:When I first went natural I did get the side looks so I made a shirt that said God [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] my hair. People just don't get that God made everything and everyone and that He doesn't make mistakes. So I guess if I had to name my fro anything it would be Precious because I'm sure that's what God said when he fashioned my hair on my head.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My 'fro is Boo. The love of my life, my sweetheart that loves attention. What I think is funny is that when I get comments (postive and negative) I tell them "To take it up with management, Jesus is my hairstylist!". My hairstyles are WnG or WnG with headband. I love the simplicity of it!

BTW- I would so buy a t-shirt that said Jesus is my hairstylist! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KDiva430
KDiva430

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 19th November 2009, 11:16 pm

Hmm...never thought to give her a name but if I had to it would be Lady Squiggles. She's soft and feminine and the curls and waves are like squiggles and scribbles all over my head!
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturallyStarlet 19th November 2009, 11:50 pm

Gloria, My hair would be called Gloria. Why? "Angels We Have Heard On High" was always my favorite hymn. The part that always stuck with me was the phrase "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" which translates to
"Glory to God In the Highest". Many women think of their hair as their crowning glory i'm just trying to treat mine like it is
NaturallyStarlet
NaturallyStarlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnolia Flower 20th November 2009, 1:03 am

Problem Child!

I know this might sound negative, but I really think that the problem child will do better this time around! Very Happy

Magnolia Flower

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 3 Empty Karma

Post by Renegade Behavior 20th November 2009, 1:13 am

Cause y'all know what they say about her... Be Good to her and she'll be good to you, so make sure you keep her moisturized and she'll keep you lookin Oh, so Fly...if not... Karma's gonna be a B*$@h and do what the hell she wants to....leavin you with some ish on your hands. Lol

Long story short....What goes around comes around....and if you want your curls to go around in the direction you decide...you better believe in Karma...lol
Renegade Behavior
Renegade Behavior

http://www.renegadebehavior.com

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 3 Empty My hair's name is...

Post by pnkcupcake 20th November 2009, 1:45 am

My name is... what
My name is... who
My name is... slim shady. LOL!

My hair's name is Miss Celie, you know, from The Color Purple. When I was younger I was teased a lot and called Celie. It used to make me cry and I carried that with me for a long time. The first day I wore my natural hair to work (2 super cute french braids btw), someone (the only other african american woman i work with) had the nerve to say to me "Hey Miss Celie". I almost hit the floor. I felt like I was a little kid being teased all over again.

So today I decided that I am going to name my beautiful curls
Miss Celie and turn a negative memory into something positive.

I love you Miss Celie!

pnkcupcake

Back to top Go down

Post by jamelliaroddy 20th November 2009, 1:53 am

If my fro was named it would be "Who Knew"!!! No one really knows my hair length with 50% shrinking or Who Knew I had a head full of curls before my hair was a frizzy mess lol.
jamelliaroddy
jamelliaroddy

https://www.youtube.com/jamellia

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 20th November 2009, 2:09 am

Her name is Miss Thang.

She does her own thang so there aint no telling her what to do lol. You might as well give it up. But at the end of the day, "Miss" thang cuz even though she's bossy, SHE'S A LAAAADY (Martin voice! Lol).

Me Talkin to Miss Thang:
-Miss Thang, what you wanna do tonight?? Curlformers or Twistout?
-Miss Thang, you looking good with yo bad self!

and most often:
-EXCUUUUUSE ME, MISS THANG! (this after me trying some product or style that Miss Thang did not approve of, resulting in a HOT MESS lol)

Last edited by d.denise on 20th November 2009, 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a word)
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by svrbrownsuga 20th November 2009, 2:47 am

Hey Ladies! Wonderful names!!! I never really thought of a name however after thinking long and hard it would Beautique (boo tique) because it is beautiful and unique and when u combine the two thats how my hair compliments my style, my attititude...ME [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
svrbrownsuga
svrbrownsuga

http://www.fotki.com/svrbrownsuga

Back to top Go down

Post by Rock'n Natural Curls 20th November 2009, 3:38 am

If I had to name my hair right now, it would be called 'Day and Night' because the first thing that came to mind was the hook on Micheal Jackson's song Day and Night-you got me workin' workin' day and night! I don't know what to do with it sometimes, I am constantly changing it. I will leave in the morning with one style [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and come home with something else. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Rock'n Natural Curls
Rock'n Natural Curls

http://www.bridgitshairboutique.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 20th November 2009, 4:04 am

My hair does have a name!

Her name is Harriet.

I named her that at first just because I felt like it and I thought my hair looks like a Harriet. But I told my friend and she was like oooh, like Harriet Tubman?! And I was like, well, I never thought about that but actually that makes sense because Harriet Tubman was a strong, black woman who helped hundreds of people escape slavery. She had many obstacles throughout her life and overcame all of them! If she were alive today she'd be described as fierce and fearless and I think that's what I am and what my hair represents. Very Happy
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Éllenatural 20th November 2009, 4:31 am

I recently did the Big chop September 21 of this year and It has been a fight with my mind literally as to the reasons for me going natural**my boyfriend could oh so vouch on that..lol**. So if I were to name my twa right now with how I've been feeling it would be FIGHTING TEMPTATION...because I am trying to fight the battle of putting any chemicals in my hair and accepting my natural beauty. Oh so greatful to this site...keeps me sain. (it is a must read everyday before bed) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by PureCocoLuv on 20th November 2009, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : picture upload)
Éllenatural
Éllenatural

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 20th November 2009, 9:47 am

It would definitely be called Jessaboo! Why? Because it is cute, creative and she has her own mind. Jessaboo just stands out! She catches you off guard just like her name! Yep, that is what she is gonna be called. Jessaboo!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 20th November 2009, 10:23 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:It would definitely be called Jessaboo! Why? Because it is cute, creative and she has her own mind. Jessaboo just stands out! She catches you off guard just like her name! Yep, that is what she is gonna be called. Jessaboo!

Yes!!! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by AriVee 20th November 2009, 11:31 am

I would name her, Mistress

Every morning i ask her to do things nicely and she revolts every time. I find myself submitting to her every whim no matter how extravagant they are. If she wants to fly free and crazy, there is nothing i can do to stop her. SHe laughs at my feeble attempts with cute hair pins, or delicate headbands and even the idea of letting my maybe wear bangs. I do what SHE tells me to do, She's running things.

And i Love it.
AriVee
AriVee

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 20th November 2009, 11:56 am

Mine would be "the chameleon"

My in laws always say that they can't describe me to anyone because they never know what my hair will look like and that it's always changing. They actually ask me on the phone sometimes "How are you going to wear your hair on or for ____."

Also, depending on what I do and what I use I can make my hair reflect that Indian in my family or I can work it in a way to show that Ghanian blood.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! - Page 3 Empty Blended Beauty Give-away

Post by trpd123 20th November 2009, 12:25 pm

Well..... my hair is not named after the journey, the struggle, or anything particulary creative on my part. It is what it is, I guess. So here goes! Her name is.....
"DIVA MAE"

The reason I call her this is because 1.) Diva was given to me by some church members/so so friends who were confused and shocked when I cut all my "beautiful hair off". And asked the obvious questions "What are you going to do with it? Are you going to lock?" But now they call me a little diva and and can't resist putting their hands in my head when they see all the things I can do with it. (I'll never understand why people think its ok to walk up to you and just put their hands in your hair. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

2.) Mae is 2-fold. Its my momma's name. And besides starting to favor her ALOT as I get older. I definately got her head of hair, and am reminiscent of her pre-relaxer days. The other reason, is that I'm southern, and round these parts "mae" gets put with your first name in some form or fashion. Johnny Mae, Anna Mae, etc, etc. (Mae is actually a part of my momma's name and I dare not tell you her full name, lest she ever learns how to use the internet and promptly beats me!) And a certain "image" comes to mind. (Think "What's Love Got to Do With It" when Anna Mae gets off the bus.) Diva Mae is not really high maintenance. She can take pretty much any product or hairstyle. She just looks like a diva because she can look fierce effortlessly. But then on any given day, without rhyme or reason. She just doesn't want to do right, and Mae comes out looking like she just came from picking cotton! It's those days when I have to be like "alright now, diva mae, get it together!"

Sorry so long! If I have the honor to win, Diva Mae would like to try the Culy Pudding! Thanks for your time.
trpd123
trpd123

Back to top Go down

Post by theprfktangel 20th November 2009, 12:55 pm

If my hair had a name it would be "mocha choca lata ya ya!" (in a patti labelle voice) cuz its just that awesome lol!

theprfktangel

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 20th November 2009, 1:10 pm

If I had to name my hair I would call her "Now & Later" That name came to me one, because I use to love "Now & Later" candy growing up but as it relates to my hair....... I look back on what I have taken my hair through over the years. I wake up everyday looking at my hair NOW as I transition and I go to bed every night hopeful of the beautiful mane of hair that I will have LATER,,as I allow my hair to go through the stages of REBIRTH!!!!!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Armywife 20th November 2009, 1:12 pm

I am so glad I found curly nikki and I am learning so much about natural hair. I love all the names especially Courage [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Armywife
Armywife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next