CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

+99
zanajh
~*Kiana*~
Scarletjazz
Kimmie0810
Treece
willame1
curlya
mizcreativelyme
lanette26
.:Eden:.
LOVELYREAN
Aisha
k-billionaire
Mizz Niecy
curlykinks
MissAfrobella
Blackbeauty
naturalmommyGA
mamatai76
LadyRae
MsIconic
ojokt
BlondeByDesire
c. janae
perkynapp
veggiegirl
vailfranklin
Inga O
JadoreBrittanie
RandRlove
NuNappyNai
Blakk Buttaflyy
ReneesCurls
loveself247
theprfktangel
trpd123
tiashaunteé
AriVee
MahoganyCurls
Éllenatural
xtremelyperfect
Rock'n Natural Curls
svrbrownsuga
d.denise
jamelliaroddy
pnkcupcake
Renegade Behavior
Magnolia Flower
NaturallyStarlet
jamaicacurl
KDiva430
snappynappy
O'soLuscious Fro
SoFlyy
Lykia
Del Monte Jan
danielle
lofomia
divadr175
theboldandthecurly
NhappyJackie
jada07
Maguette
beautifuleyez
Armywife
KreyolKatt
kservia
hazeleyed89
curlyamazon
zanii0506
Little Miss
kinky_situation
Free2009
CurlyNOLA
PeaceLove&Freckles:)
StacyWash
NubieNatty
Neems
ChiChi10
DivineShine
techne
tiannaej
heavenlyhummingbird
NikG20
olive_honey
LuvMeLuvMyFro
SkyB
locfreeme
kinksncoils
Karibbee
CurlyDoesIt...
t3delight
praizecurlz
sweetdrk1
AfrikanLatina
farenmonique
so1913
Namun
*CurlyNikki*
103 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by *CurlyNikki* 19th November 2009, 10:51 am

Hola Chicas!

Yesterday, while backstage, the guy helping me fluff my hair told me that he named his fro (which was gorgeous by the way)...he then proceeded to inquire about my hair's name! I had no answer!

So, if your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Later Gators,
Nik

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ice cream and cake and cake!!!

Last edited by *CurlyNikki* on 29th November 2009, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty Blended Beauty Give Away

Post by Namun 19th November 2009, 11:23 am

If my hair had a name it would be Baby Fingers, because that's what my curls remind me of. My curls wrap around my fingers like tiny new born baby fingers clinging to his/her's mommy's hands. Silly, yes I know...

Namun

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by so1913 19th November 2009, 11:44 am

Haha...mine would be called "Mood Swing" lol because I swear it's moody as hell....good mood one day, bad mood the next...but I've gotten to know my hair so well, I know when to leave it alone to avoid it's wrath on a moody day lol.
so1913
so1913

http://www.twitter.com/so1913

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty Re: If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?!

Post by farenmonique 19th November 2009, 11:47 am

I have a name. Oddly enough I came up with it last night: Canopy Jones.

When I look back at pictures of myself permed I seem to be a totally different person. I was, as far as mindset goes. So last night, I randomly had an intervening epiphany that said "Canopy Jones". Sounds free, assertive and strong, much like how my hair is: yep, Canopy Jones. I like.

farenmonique

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 19th November 2009, 11:58 am

I'd have to say my hairs name would be Houdini at its current stage for this disappearing act that its pulled on me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 19th November 2009, 11:58 am

If I had to name my mane it would be Sasha..because at this length right now..she is fierce..doing her own thing! Love her!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway

Post by praizecurlz 19th November 2009, 12:05 pm

Hi, CurlyNikki & Cutie Curlie Ladies!!!

I am in the process of transitioning (last relaxer was in September) and I am learning how to handle my new found love affair with my hair - and I plan to go long term, no BC.

So, my new kinks & curls could be called Jeckyl & Style, because I never know which way they're going to go! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you for a wonderful site; blessings to All!

cj

praizecurlz

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty Blended Beauty Giveaway

Post by t3delight 19th November 2009, 12:18 pm

I have recently decided to transition so my hair is getting a Fresh start and will be going thru the various stages as I go along on this Journey. I think if I had to name my hair it would be GODIVA. Because it's chocolate and devine. As I transition it will go thru its stages--As chocolate isnt always good for you but Once I become all natural. Im gonna change from Godiva to "GO DIVA" Smile

t3delight

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyDoesIt... 19th November 2009, 12:21 pm

If I were to name my curls I would have to go w/LET ME LOOSE and FREE. For sooooo long my curls have been straightened, permed and slicked to the side and back that my spirit couldn't take it NO LONGER Wink
CurlyDoesIt...
CurlyDoesIt...

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyDoesIt... 19th November 2009, 12:23 pm

SET FREE Wink
CurlyDoesIt...
CurlyDoesIt...

Back to top Go down

Post by Karibbee 19th November 2009, 12:28 pm

My hair has had a name since I went natural in August: Starla which captures its light, ethereal nature. I find since I gave her a name, I treat my hair more gently, sort of like a separate person. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Karibbee
Karibbee

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncoils 19th November 2009, 12:38 pm

If my fro had a name it would be trini-rebel. Because my hair is a rebel, but in a good way. My hair stands up for with it believes in when others in my home town hair won't Smile

kinksncoils

Back to top Go down

Post by locfreeme 19th November 2009, 12:39 pm

Ooh, this is such a good idea! I don't have a name but I'm going to think of one stat! My hair is super thick, grows up and out - no matter how long it gets it refuses to hang down....I'm gonna go with ZORA, after Zora Neale Hurston. She was bold, larger than life, and refused to live her life by other standards. I think my hair has the same personality LOL!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

locfreeme

Back to top Go down

Post by SkyB 19th November 2009, 12:48 pm

I call my fro Chevy... Only because cheveux is french for hair and it's rather cumbersome to say all the time so I shortened it to chevy
SkyB
SkyB

http://uwillneverfullyunderstand.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvMeLuvMyFro 19th November 2009, 12:49 pm

If my hair had a name it would be sin limites, which when translated means no limit. Having natural hair allows me to be versatile in ways I could never be when I had a relaxer.
LuvMeLuvMyFro
LuvMeLuvMyFro

http://www.designsavvysalon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by olive_honey 19th November 2009, 1:08 pm

Thats so funny that you wrote icecream and cake at the end of your question.
I wrote that in my status box on my my-space a couple of months ago. Love that commerical!!
As far as a name for my hair, since I'm kinda old it would be something related to the days of
"Yo Raps!" in the early 1990s. My favorite song back then was by Blacksheep, the song is called:
Flavor of the Month. Unfortunately I had a jerri curl back then. I no longer have those chemicals
but I still have the curls. I'm doing the b-girl stance. I would have this song playing in the background,wearing a wash-and-go, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] sporting my kangol hat and baby blue puma shoes. I would then switch it up and sport a two strand twist and pink adidas. Wearing different flavors each week.
So the name of my hair definately would called,
the "Flavor of the Month".
I'm so corny.
Word!

olive_honey

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 19th November 2009, 1:23 pm

"RAGE"
because....
She rocks rough and stuff with her afro puffs
(rock on witcha bad self) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty What's in a name

Post by heavenlyhummingbird 19th November 2009, 1:33 pm

If I was to name my curly kinky fro it would be........Miss Understood Wonder. Because most people on the outside who have not done there research or just dont GET IT..... really dont understand my hair. My hair is beautiful, curly, kinky, versatile, and so much more....my hair is wonderful....so it is the MISUNDERSTOOD WONDER [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
heavenlyhummingbird
heavenlyhummingbird

http://www.fotki.com/heavenlyhummingbird

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty Name

Post by tiannaej 19th November 2009, 1:42 pm

If I had to name my hair, it would be "Nappy-go-Lucky"- My hair gets so dry and thirsty sometimes and then the dreadful single strand tangles emerge and then voila my hair is dare I say it nappy. As soon as I slap some Jessicurl weekly deep conditioner on it, it is like my hair won the lottery (hence the "lucky"). There ya have it- nappy-go-lucky. lol
Another thing I asked myself is if my hair could talk what would it say to me:
Likely "Bout d*mn time you cut off that creamy crack and embraced me. Now give me a hug!" lol

Last edited by tiannaej on 19th November 2009, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

tiannaej

Back to top Go down

Post by techne 19th November 2009, 1:45 pm

No question about it my hair is named Betty.

I named it after the fiercest, sexiest, dirtiest, funkiest woman who was EVER married to Miles Davis. Long live Betty (my fierce, natural, leggy and showy curls!)
Hell! I STYLE my curls to the music of Betty Davis just to make sure they know its good to be bad! Yeah!

In case any other curlies want to check out my inspiration, here are a couple links to youtube videos of songs. Fascinating history here as well... but thats a WHOLE 'nother post!

Your Mama Wants Ya Back:

They Say I'm Different:

Game Is My Middle Name:

Love!

cheers
techne
techne

http://needlesandscotch.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DivineShine 19th November 2009, 1:48 pm

I would have to say that my hair loves to simply BE. So... I would call my hair "UHURU" which is Swahili for FREEDOM! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DivineShine
DivineShine

Back to top Go down

Post by locfreeme 19th November 2009, 1:55 pm

techne wrote:No question about it my hair is named Betty.

I named it after the fiercest, sexiest, dirtiest, funkiest woman who was EVER married to Miles Davis. Long live Betty (my fierce, natural, leggy and showy curls!)
Hell! I STYLE my curls to the music of Betty Davis just to make sure they know its good to be bad! Yeah!

cheers

I love it! Go head Betty (your hair)! Laughing

locfreeme

Back to top Go down

If your hair had a name, what would it be, and why?! Empty My Hair's Name is...

Post by ChiChi10 19th November 2009, 1:58 pm

SweetFierceAfroThang

I just came up with that off the top of my head. LOL I like the way I feel with my hair literally standing up on my head. I feel like my presence is bigger. I just look more fly and I'm feelin myself all day! I miss my hair being in a fro even when I wear twists now.
ChiChi10
ChiChi10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 19th November 2009, 2:14 pm

Definitely naming it Afroluscious

I never really thought of naming my 'fro but it makes sense since it has a mind of its own. Seriously, when I wear my hair in a nice afro or a well defined twist-out I feel sooo pretty and confident. Of course I'll have a serious case of hand in fro syndrome but I can't help it. So I'm calling my hair Afroluscious afro
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 19th November 2009, 2:22 pm

i've always thought of givin my natural tresses a name, this is actually subject to change but in my head my alter ego is "BIANCA DEVINE" so i can comfortably call my tresses the same! To me it reps classy-ness, sophistication and en vogue wrapped in one; bianca transforms me into the young funky beauty ala destiny child, punky brewster, left eye (of tlc) and wendy williams with a hint of grace jones! devine puts me in the mindset of eartha kitt, patti labelle, diane carol, cicily tyson and barbara walters with a hint of oprah!

on any given day depending on the mood/occasion anyone of them can inspire my natural tresses in perfecting my true me shine thru!

smooches!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next