CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transitioning and ANXIOUS!

4 posters

Go down

Transitioning and ANXIOUS! Empty Transitioning and ANXIOUS!

Post by BigLipTiff 31st August 2010, 1:18 am

Heeeeyyy,I new here!

I'll be 7 months into my transition on Sept 13th. Like everyone else,caring for 2 textures has been driving me crazy. In the beginning I wasn’t really doing much research, but for the past 2 weeks I have and it's making me soooo anxious! One the other hand, I know from a past experience that short hair is not the look for me....What do I do? Seeing all these liberated women and beautiful style is making me BC happy! One more thing, I'm unemployed right now and searching for work...I know that I'll be looked at differently in interviews and what not, so I was just thinking about waiting till I have secured employment to do the BC...What say you? Thanks in advance for your responses!
Very Happy
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Transitioning and ANXIOUS! Empty Re: Transitioning and ANXIOUS!

Post by Naturally Esq 31st August 2010, 2:04 am

I say BC when you are ready not when your 2 textures are driving you crazy. One thing that helped me last this long was cutting my relaxed ends off from a small area. I could then clearly see the length of my natural hair and that motivated me to delay my BC and wait for more length. I also use that area to try out products and styles.

IMO wearing your natural hair during job interviews is more than acceptable. If you are "looked at differently", that would be considered to be employment discrimination. There are several long discussions on that topic on this website.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 31st August 2010, 12:11 pm

Thanks for your reply Naturally Esq. That's a good idea to cut off the ends in a small spot. I'll try that, I'll also check out those other threads you mentioned.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Treece 1st September 2010, 7:05 pm

Likee Esq said, It's best to do it when you are ready, and also keep in mind that long term transitioning is not impossible. It can be done. Whichever way you go you can find hairstyles appropriate for your job. Smile Good luck. And I wouldn't want to work anywhere where my job didn't accept the hair I was born with.
Treece
Treece

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 1st September 2010, 7:38 pm

I guess I was just having one of those overwhelming days where I'm in the bathroom reaching for scissors! (Which is like every other week) LOL. I think I'll wait a little longer...try to hit a least a year. This going natural thing is bringing so much out of me! HA!
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd September 2010, 3:35 pm

I would say wait until you feel ready as well. Take your time and research how to care for your natural hair. I bc'ed at 6 months and have no regrets, but I did it at the beginning of summer. I wouldn't want to bc with fall & winter around the corner-I don't know where you are but the weather was a big factor in when I decided to bc.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down