CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!!

4 posters

Go down

Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!! Empty Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!!

Post by AmariC05 20th January 2010, 10:27 pm

Hello everyone!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm very excited to have found this website and forum. It has proven so far to be one of the best resources on the web for natural hair information and guides. My last relaxer was on December 11, 2009 and after having my edges break off horribly again after a relaxer I decide to start the natural transition and my ficancee was thrilled. As of now I plan on transitioning for 6 months (could be longer) before the BC.

Right now I do not have many products for natural/curly hair. Right now I'm using the Pantene Pro-V for relaxed/natural shampoos, conidtioners and leave-ins. I hadn't had any problems with these on my relaxed hair but wonders how it will work with my natural hair. Has anyone had any experience good/bad with this product line???
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!! Empty Re: Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!!

Post by Hair2Me 20th January 2010, 10:53 pm

Welcome and congrats on your transition!

I used Pantene products faithfully for years before transitioning and then switched over to sulfate free products once I started doing some research. I've had success with the Giovanni line of shampoos and conditioners and they can be found at Walmart and Target.
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!! Empty Re: Only 40 Days In.... and Still Very Anxious!!

Post by AmariC05 20th January 2010, 11:07 pm

Thanks for the info!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AmariC05
AmariC05

http://www.annalisa-online.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 21st January 2010, 8:00 pm

Your welcome and good luck!
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 22nd January 2010, 1:44 pm

You can also find a few products from the Giovanni line at Marshalls/TJ Maxx. I purchased two bottles of the direct leave-in for $5 each. Definitely check out the transitioning tab on the home page. Maria from NaturallyCurly.com hooked us up with very basic info about the transitioning process and what ingredients to avoid. Good luck on your journey and keep us posted.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by pfarley 22nd January 2010, 3:53 pm

Kentucky in the Hooouuuse! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm transitioning right now and I use Pantene Condish every now and then. It seems like the Pantene does really good for my relaxed ends, but it's not the best for my new growth. My HG for my entire head is a mixture of Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Condish and EVOO. My new growth is so soft. I wouldn't see why it would be any different once I go completely natural.
pfarley
pfarley

http://www.allthingscouponing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair2Me 22nd January 2010, 4:05 pm

I forget to mention TJ Maxx! I was there last week and the Giovanni Triple Treat Tea Tree shampoo was on clearance for $3 bucks! Also a friend of mine thats been natural for a few years loves the Pantene Hair mask in the relaxed and natural line.
Hair2Me
Hair2Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down