CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice Please

4 posters

Go down

Advice Please Empty Advice Please

Post by curlyneenee 29th August 2010, 1:48 pm

Okay so I have been using aloe vera iC hair polish, Softee shea butter, and mango growth treatment also by Softee on my hair. I recently found out the hair polish does not moisturize it simply smoothes the cuticle which makes my hair soft, yes I like soft hair, but I also found out the shea and mango are just sealants so apparently my hair has been dry all this time and now I've lost my staples. But, I don't fear I am a natural trooper but anyone have any idea of what I should use on my hair now?

Btw anyone have a review for Luster's Pink Original Moisturizer for Medium and Coarse Textures and Paranevu Leave in Conditioner would really appreciate some help Sad
curlyneenee
curlyneenee

http://www.thatonechickbuckethead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Advice Please Empty Re: Advice Please

Post by Naturally Esq 29th August 2010, 4:00 pm

1. What type of hair do you have?
2. You said " apparently my hair has been dry". Is it dry? Is it breaking?
3. I have not used any of the products that you listed. I will try to help if you can give more information.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyneenee 29th August 2010, 4:10 pm

I think it's 4a I have worn my hair in a protective style but it's out now and I see no damage this morning it was dry but it isn't really dry any other time
curlyneenee
curlyneenee

http://www.thatonechickbuckethead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 29th August 2010, 4:17 pm

Its possible that you don't have to stop using your products (unless you really want to), you might just need to put a moisturizer on before those other products since they are sealants. The only thing I've used that you mentioned was the Pink moisturizer, I personally didn't like it, it was too wet and oily and weighed down my hair, but everyone's experience is different. However, I have used BB oil moisturizer and right now I'm using Komaza Care Coconut Curl lotion, both are pretty good but I'm in love with the Coconut Curl lotion.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 29th August 2010, 4:27 pm

I agree. You can use EVCO as a moisturizer and/or Giovanni Direct Leave In. What shampoo are you using?

I have 4a/b fine textured hair that loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam and/or Giovanni LA Natural Style Gel. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. When I need a moisture boost I use Vatika oil.

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 29th August 2010, 7:15 pm

STAY AWAY FROM THE PINK OIL! There was a thread on here a while ago about how it really dryed out our hair. It broke my hair off and dried it out like straw. That stuff sat on top of my hair and just made it greasy and not moisturized. I did the Parnevue when I was flat-ironed so I do not know about it being natural. I did like the smell of the Pink Oil though. THere are better things out there besides that garbage. For moisture, I like Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1 and then I will seal that in with some shealoe or Vatika oil. I only use about 3 pumps of the Hawaiian Silky for my whole head because it makes my hair too soft and it will not hold my twists if I put more than that in there. I hope that helps!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down