CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need some advice ...

3 posters

Go down

Need some advice ... Empty Need some advice ...

Post by xoxo 11th June 2010, 10:35 pm

Hey naturals!

I really need some type of advice/help here. I've been natural for 4 months now and I'm noticing my hair is requiring a little more moisture as it grows. So far the products(conditioners) I use work well, but I always feel like I can do better, anyone else feel that way sometimes?

Currently I'm using:
HE LTR
Trader Joes Nourish Spa
Suave Naturals Coconut
Elasta QP Fortifying Treatment(for Dcing)
Shea Butter(moisturizer)

Like I said above these conditioners are working great but I could use a little umph in the moisture department. I co-wash my hair about 3-4x a week, used to be everyday but I felt that was too much. I DC every 2 weeks.

So any suggestions? I'm in school, and on a budget so products under $6.99 would be great.
I was planning on purchasing one of these conditioners next week, if you used any please share your experince.
-Organix Coconut Milk
-Mane & Tail conditioner/deep moisturizing
-Tresemme Naturals moisturizing/nourishing
-Sally's
-GVP the conditioner
-GVP Tea Tree Oil Lavendar condtioner
-GVP Nexxus conditioner
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Need some advice ... Empty Re: Need some advice ...

Post by DreamMerchant 11th June 2010, 10:50 pm

I would love to see what others have to say because I am interested as well. I read about some of the other ladies on the board "juicing" with Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. I was reading the label on it yesterday and it does not seem so bad.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 11th June 2010, 11:04 pm

Are you sealing? I know that helps me retain moisture well. You can just mix EVCO into your shea butter and after you leave in a conditioner (or whatever water based product you use), simply just rub the whipped shea mix in your hair. Also, since it's gonna be raining in NYC this weekend, you could try juicing (using a glycerin based moisturizer like S-Curl or Care Free Curl), since it might be humid.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by xoxo 11th June 2010, 11:18 pm

Karyn wrote:Are you sealing? I know that helps me retain moisture well. You can just mix EVCO into your shea butter and after you leave in a conditioner (or whatever water based product you use), simply just rub the whipped shea mix in your hair. Also, since it's gonna be raining in NYC this weekend, you could try juicing (using a glycerin based moisturizer like S-Curl or Care Free Curl), since it might be humid.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try sealing tomorrow after Dcing.
xoxo
xoxo

http://www.longlivehair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down