CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta?

5 posters

Go down

Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta? Empty Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta?

Post by crvng4mr 19th November 2009, 12:47 am

Well I was talking to my mom on Sunday and telling here how both my daughter and I want to try Henna and she said she always used to put Henna in her hair and mine but she liked using Placenta better because it also increased hair growth. "Thanks mom for telling me this now,lol". She used to buy it at beauty supply stores in Manhattan a long time ago. i no longer live in NYC and don't know if some still sell it.

So can anyone tell me if they have used it or knows where I can buy it?
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta? Empty Re: Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta?

Post by dajewel 19th November 2009, 12:17 pm

yes, my mother believes in that placenta!! she has been using it since the latte 70s. i used to use it. its in a small bottle, and also made by HASK. you can purchase it in Sally's, local beauty supply stores or Wal-Mart(i think i did see in there). the only issue i have with the product are the chemicals, especially the parabens.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta? Empty Re: Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta?

Post by crvng4mr 19th November 2009, 3:34 pm

dajewel wrote:yes, my mother believes in that placenta!! she has been using it since the latte 70s. i used to use it. its in a small bottle, and also made by HASK. you can purchase it in Sally's, local beauty supply stores or Wal-Mart(i think i did see in there). the only issue i have with the product are the chemicals, especially the parabens.

No not the made up stuff. LoL! Real placenta by itself. i think it comes from lambs. Anywho I found some online but in Australia and was curious to know if anyone knows where I can get it in the states.

I am not talking about Hask but the natural placenta by itself with nothing else mixed in. That is what my mother used to use.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by afroness 19th November 2009, 4:44 pm

Try local sheep farmers, if they breed em then they might have the plancenta. They more than likely bury it after the shhe gives birth so call them and ask em to save you some.
afroness
afroness

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th November 2009, 12:16 am

Thanks, I might have to look into that, although I don't know how many if any sheep farms there are in Tampa, FL. I'm kinda hoping that I could find it already packaged.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by divadr175 22nd November 2009, 7:59 pm

I'm sorry, but the doctor in me cringes at the idea of you trying to get animal placentas to use for hair treatments. I found this online:
According to http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient/704919/PLACENTAL_EXTRACT/:
placental extract has a moderate hazard rating. The placenta produces
loads of progesterone, estrogen and other hormones, which are
beneficial to a developing fetus, but possibly not so desirable in a
personal care product. Here's a scary study: Four girls between one and
eight years of age developed breast or pubic hair two to 24 months
after starting the use of estrogen- or placenta-containing hair
products. The development of breasts and pubic hair regressed when they
stopped using the products and no other cause for early sexual
development was found.

I'd look into other options before risking infection and exposing yourself to possible hormonal imbalances.
divadr175
divadr175

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 22nd November 2009, 9:42 pm

I tried your link and it no longer works. My mom use to use it on me and her all the time. Maybe that's why I can't find it anymore but i will do more research before I look any further and report back.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where I can buy real placenta? Empty i think i know where you can buy the placenta

Post by summabrown 18th April 2010, 11:42 am

It may be too late but i think i might have found a place where you can purchase this placenta. It is dominican hair supply store online called roundbrushhair.com If you purchase it could you let us all know how it works out for you?
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down