CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning

+2
jlowman1
latoya1908
6 posters

Go down

Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning Empty Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning

Post by latoya1908 15th October 2010, 12:09 pm

Has anyone tried the Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioner? Any thoughts? I bought a sample pack of this yesterday and was considering trying it out. I've been natural over a month now and I have yet to use any kind of protein in my hair. Should I maybe mix this with some of my regular stuff just in case it's too drying?
latoya1908
latoya1908

Back to top Go down

Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning Empty Re: Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning

Post by jlowman1 15th October 2010, 12:46 pm

You could mix it with your normal stuff but if it dries your hair out after using it alone, using a moisturizing deep conditioner afterwards should bring it back to normal... Hope this helps!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning Empty Re: Hask Henna n' Placenta Deep Conditioning

Post by Neems 20th October 2010, 2:34 pm

Hmm, what's placenta? Is it like animal placenta or just extracts?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 20th October 2010, 5:51 pm

Please, please, please take a look at the link below:

hormones in hair products ---> http://knowbreastcancer.net/placenta_hair.html

Now, I am by no means the expert, but the mere fact that it is even being brought up is enough for me to steer clear!!

exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by latoya1908 20th October 2010, 6:12 pm

DAMN!! That's enough for me too!! I will promptly discard of my remaining Hask Henna n' Placenta TODAY!
latoya1908
latoya1908

Back to top Go down

Post by latoya1908 20th October 2010, 6:13 pm

Um...I still want to test how protein reacts in my hair though (LOL)....

Any suggestions for a good off the shelf deep conditioner??
latoya1908
latoya1908

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 20th October 2010, 6:40 pm

latoya1908 wrote:DAMN!! That's enough for me too!! I will promptly discard of my remaining Hask Henna n' Placenta TODAY!

I know!!! When I first read about that, I was scared to scroll down the list to look at the products! I felt like I had been hijacked. These companies ought to be a shame of themselves!! I'm soooo glad I was able to give you that information! My sister-in-law, 38, passed from breast cancer this past July, and my brother-in-law is raising their two sons, 7 and 9, as a single father. Going through that was a enough for me to step up my game on learning as much as I can re: breast cancer! Take a look at the remainder of that site, there is some good cancer prevention information there as well...

As far as suggestions for protein, I've used Aphoghee 2-minute, Vitale Olive Oil Mayo, Aubrey Organics GPB. It's been my experience, that as long as I deep condition afterwards, I don't really have a preference for the product I use as a protein treatment. I mainly have it in my regimen to balance things out...

Now protein LEAVE IN conditioners are another story!! I've tried Giovanni Direct, and when my hair dries, it feels like a haystack! I attribute that to the protein!!
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 21st October 2010, 11:32 am

That's just frightening. And annoying considering I just bought a bottle and have used it a couple of times. Thank goodness it was only $5.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 21st October 2010, 12:20 pm

exhale1913 wrote:Please, please, please take a look at the link below:

hormones in hair products ---> http://knowbreastcancer.net/placenta_hair.html

Now, I am by no means the expert, but the mere fact that it is even being brought up is enough for me to steer clear!!

Scary, scary, scary. And just the other day there was a news story saying hormone replacement might lead to cancer, hmph.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st October 2010, 12:54 pm

Hormone therapy treatments have been in the news this week. They do lead to cancer and in fact- more aggressive types of cancers in women. They are saying 1 in 10,000 from hormone replacement therapy. Who knows the risk of them in hair products. Until a significant number has been impacted, forcing a study- we'll never know. Better to be safe than sorry!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down