CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before?

+2
Maricopa
genuhhveeve
6 posters

Go down

Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before? Empty Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before?

Post by genuhhveeve 21st December 2009, 2:40 pm

I have a bottle of Hask placenta "Henna 'n' placenta" that doesn't dye the hair and I was wondering how it differs from regular henna that does dye the hair? I've used it twice already, pretty randomly and all I can remember is that it made my hair softer, sleeker and shinier. The way everyone talks about "real henna" it's like it's heaven in a bottle. I'd really like to try the full henna mixture treatments but I ain't lying when i say that it is HARD to find one in my area. Looks like I'm gonna have to troop it downtown to the more
'urban areas' to find the products I need lol
genuhhveeve
genuhhveeve

Back to top Go down

Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before? Empty Re: Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before?

Post by Maricopa 21st December 2009, 9:12 pm

@genuhhveeve, I've tried the henna and placenta and I too got amazing results with just one use. I am going to buy a bottle as I only purchased a small pack. Good luck @ finding the hennas "jamila" locally I have tried with no success. I will be ordering my henna on-line.
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before? Empty Re: Anyone used Henna 'n' Placenta before?

Post by missbugg21 28th September 2010, 12:43 am

I just recently discovered Henna 'n' Placenta, too and I LOOOVE it!! I recently used it as a DC with my steam treatment last week and my transitioning hair hasn't looked this good in 4 months!

I plan to continue to use it as a DC weekly with my steam treatment. I'm not sure if I iwll try "real" henna anytime soon...I'm a newbie and it all seems pretty complicated. :-/ LOL!

~Stacy
missbugg21
missbugg21

Back to top Go down

Post by Maricopa 28th September 2010, 8:38 am

@missbugg21 congratulations on your decision to transition yay!! The actual henna process it can be a bit messy but the results are amazing. I used it also while transitioning (9 months) I did my big chop this past March 2010 and I am loving the freedom from relaxers. Good luck on your" naptural Journey"

Btw I have famiy in the Phoenix area (Tempe and Maricopa).
Maricopa
Maricopa

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 30th September 2010, 1:12 pm

Yeah, my mother always using that on her hair, but her hair is relaxed so it doesnt look any difference to me, but now that I know it has the same results on my hair im going to try it this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by missbugg21 30th September 2010, 4:08 pm

They have one that is Henna 'n' Placenta Plus Olive Oil that I'm also in love with. It provides fabulous moisture that my brittle hair needs. The combo of the DC with the steam treatment is A+ for me!! Very Happy
missbugg21
missbugg21

Back to top Go down

Post by xtremelyperfect 1st October 2010, 5:37 pm

I used this product once and remember someone telling me to stop using it because of the lack of information on the ingredients i.e. where they get the "placenta" that they use in the product. I try to check the Cosmetics Database before using new products and this scored a 6 out of 10 on the hazard scale: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/49732/Hask_Placenta_Henna_'n_Placenta_Complete_Conditioning_Treatment/?prod_id=49732. I dunno I stopped using it after I heard people talking about breast cancer. And it didn't do much for my hair. I just wanted to put the info out there so everyone can make their own educated decision.
xtremelyperfect
xtremelyperfect

http://fuckyeahnadia.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 7th October 2010, 7:47 pm

I used this product for the first time today. I've been transitioning for over 8 months and I just had the easiest/fastest detangling session EVER! dance
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 8th October 2010, 4:03 pm

wow...really am a 8 month transitioner too, I think am going to buy it now for my deep conditioner, whats your hair type?
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly126 11th October 2010, 6:58 pm

I've been trying to figure out my hair type...FAIL! lol But I think I'm 3c/4a. The product also defined my curls before and after I washed it out!
Butterfly126
Butterfly126

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 12th October 2010, 10:19 pm

oh oki cool...i've been looking for something to clarify my hair...i jus got it straightened for my bday and the lady was like where it hadnt been clarified and i didnt wash the top part it kinda "stunk" i was so embarrased and now my hair smells burnt and sour, it almost mad me permed it
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down