CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excepting the real me!

3 posters

Go down

Excepting the real me! Empty Excepting the real me!

Post by Kenaya 2nd February 2011, 11:01 am

when i was a child my mother hated doing my hair, she would always get my hair braided with extensions, and i was older I started getting weaves I was never comfortable seeing myself without it. As the years went by i notice how damage my hair became, so instead of taking care of my hair I started wearing wigs.
After years of ignoring it, it is time for me to do something about it. But i'm afraid. I am so use to having people seeing me a with a head full of fake hair, I don't know how they will react. What if husband doesn't like it, What if it affects my potions at work, what if ???
I need some help Sad
Kenaya
Kenaya

Back to top Go down

Excepting the real me! Empty Re: Excepting the real me!

Post by letha 2nd February 2011, 11:36 am

Well 1st of all you might need to talk to your husband and see how he feels about you not wearing wigs and weaves and his answer might suprise you. You won't know until you ask. If he is not in agreement just remind him over the years of you not caring for your hair and wearing weaves and wigs what is has done to your head.

What were you planning to do with your hair once you take the weave or wig off? Get it cut?

Overall you need to be sure that this is what you want because if its not you might go right back into the old habit of using wigs and weaves to cover your hair again.. There are women who wear weaves and wigs and their hair thrives off it but they are taking care of their hair underneath or they go to someone who helps them care for their hair.
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by Loving me 2nd February 2011, 1:07 pm

Appears your concerns are dealing with what everyone else is going to think or how everyone will be affected by your hair. First deal with the "you". How will YOU feel about it? What do YOU plan to do with your hair? How will this change affect how YOU feel about YOU. And i'd consider the reactions of others after you are steadfast in your own need and decision.

Im no expert I only offer my opinion. But natural, relaxer, wig or weave, Always Love you no matter what everyone else thinks.

I wore a weave imediately after I cut my perm out for that reason and was not able to rock my curls until I was comfortable with ME.

shared with Love Smile

All the best to you hun!
Loving me
Loving me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down