CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you deal with hair that has two different textures?

5 posters

Go down

How do you deal with hair that has two different textures? Empty How do you deal with hair that has two different textures?

Post by Carrie 18th November 2009, 12:32 am

I've known I've had two different textures of hair for a while, but it's becoming more and more painfully obvious as I'm growing out my TWA. The hair in the back is thicker and holds a curl better, even though it's prone to matting. The hair at the top of my head is the complete opposite; from crown to hairline, it's thinner (I guess), kind of wiry, and holds absolutely no curl. I've done a twist out two days in a row, right, and while the hair in the back is still really curly and cute, the top is a straight mess. Literally. There's absolutely no curl left. None.

I know I'm not the only person with split personality hair, how do you guys deal with this?

Carrie

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with hair that has two different textures? Empty Re: How do you deal with hair that has two different textures?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 18th November 2009, 12:33 pm

I typically apply more styling product to the hair that curls more while not applying as much product to the less curly and more wavy hair. My hair ranges from large S's to spiral curls the size of a pencil. In time, you will learn what section needs what. The plus size is that the textures are obvious in certain areas.

Does this make sense?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

How do you deal with hair that has two different textures? Empty Re: How do you deal with hair that has two different textures?

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 12:51 pm

I probably have about 3 maybe even four textures on my head!! It seems as if the front hair is always the most limp probably bcuz it takes the most stress from us...no worries as the front grows it will start to curl just be kind/gentle with it. The front of my hair is still a little limp but if I want more curl I just twirl or coil the front. If your hair is really short u can try using drinking straws to set the front or apply a holding product and scrunch to encourage curl. You can also try coils on ur entire head...here is a pic of my hair coiled [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You basically take wet hair apply watev product and coil small sections with ur fingers or comb in a twirling motion. When they dry you can leave them as I did or sep.
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 18th November 2009, 2:28 pm

I don't really use products. Strange, I know. I don't know how my hair will hold up to this coiling thing as it's pretty thick, but won't hurt to try.

Carrie

Back to top Go down

Post by A85 18th November 2009, 2:52 pm

well by product I mean conditioner...when I did this style...I cowashed my hair then got a spray bottle and condish ...I used a little kinky curly custard becuz my hair is not thick and tends to unravel ...this can def be done on thicker hair check out model Aisha Cain I believe this is either a straw set or a coil out and also check out the miss jessies tutorial http://www.missjessies.com/05_styling/coilout.htm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A85
A85

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallyme13 22nd January 2010, 4:24 am

I have a similar problem with my hair. I don't like to do WnG because on the left side (close to ear) and my back (nape) has curls that are much MUCH more loose than the rest of my hair...

Any suggestions? I would love to add WnG to my repertoire this summer...
naturallyme13
naturallyme13

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 22nd January 2010, 9:11 am

i have this same EXACT problem!! I just took my braids out so my main focus is trying to re-train my curls all over again! my problem is touching my hair too much when its wet so im gonna ATTEMPT for the sake of beauty to just put my product in my hair after the wash and let it be. it just takes so long to dry, lol.

im definitely gonna try the comb coils on my twa (cuz my styles are limited anywayz) and see how the top of my hair holds up!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down