CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Year New Resolutions New ME

+15
NubieNatty
krazy coils
CrissyQ
queenshakirah
priceless
freckledmom4
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
KinkyNappyHappy
WhosThatRedHead
poeticlyspkng
MellowOne
nattyblog
sweetdrk1
cyclingchick
KeAnia
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year New Resolutions New ME

Post by CrissyQ 19th September 2010, 10:37 am

cant wait to see your pictures of the twist out, hope you time with the family was great. TTYL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year New Resolutions New ME

Post by NubieNatty 19th September 2010, 11:21 am

lol checkin up on u! i like ur "reality check" becuz its oh so real. i was sittin there readin n noddin my head in agreement. i felt the same way too, thats why its so important to keep a hair journal to keep track of what ur hair likes n dislikes. i still havent gotten into reading ingredients becuz they make my head hurt tryin to squint my eyes Neutral but one day i'll get there! in the end stickin to what works will save u sooooo much money.

dont give in to the pj-ism becuz its honestly overrated. i was buyin up any n everything esp after a product review really hard for the first 7 months and i still pick up stuff here n there but not like in the beginning. as far as it bein too much work, dont worry...it'll get better with time. once u find styling thats quick n easy you'll learn to perfect it and everything will just fall into place naturally. when i started gettin close to my first full year (sept 30) i got lacksy daisy becuz i wanna keep it simple as possible.

i do venture out when i wanna try something new THEN i'll invest a good 2-4hrs aside to do my hair, other than that...twist cuz i cant conrow Rolling Eyes

but hang in there, it gets better and the results are rewarding. i definitely feel ur frustration though! Very Happy
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by DaButterflyBAP 19th September 2010, 12:49 pm

Your daughter is so beautiful! Smile Congrats on your journey!
DaButterflyBAP
DaButterflyBAP

http://butterflybap.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 19th September 2010, 9:47 pm

Nubie
Thanks for stopping in to check up on me. I feel so loved Razz . I am not giving into the PJism. I am just trying to find the right products for me and SugaBabe. I am trying to see what is really out there I hate that we don't have access to alot of the products and I hate paying shipping and handling; so I am just playing around.

Crissy
Thanks I am going to try to post them later this evening.

DaButterfly
Thanks. I tell her everyday that she is beautiful and so is her hair.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 19th September 2010, 9:52 pm

Okay Ladies

So I officially think I am losing my mind. I mixed my henna gloss this evening and instead of one of my conditioners I put shampoo. I did not throw it away I still used it. I am going to be washing it out in a little bit and I will let you guys know how it comes out.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 20th September 2010, 12:31 am

Okay Ladies

Here are the pictures of the twist out. I have to say I received a lot of compliments but I liked my twist better.

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0021

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0022
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 22nd September 2010, 11:27 pm

Hi Ladies

So I received my order from BNB today. I am so excited that I want to henna this weekend. I also got some hibicus flowers and alma. I thought the hibicus was going to be a powder but it is little flowers. I am not sure but I am guessing that I have to crunch them up. I want to mix the all the powders but I am not exctly sure how to do it.
On another note I wore me a little Afro Puff today. I really liked it and can't wait until I can rock me a real big puff.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 22nd September 2010, 11:47 pm

I got my amla oil today to. I used my as a scalp massage and the I shampooed. It has mineral oil in it so I want to be careful,
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 24th September 2010, 10:43 pm

Crissy
Thanks but I got the alma powder.

Okay guys so my stash came in on Wednesday and I am wanting to play in it. I am thinking about doing an alma gloss. Wish me luck guys I am going to leave it on for about an hour I guess. I'll be doing it in the morning. I got some Tui leave in from a friend of my so I am going to try that this weekend also. I have been looking for a good leave in so I really hope that this works.

On the other hand I think I am at a point where I am getting stuck with my hair. I have a good length but I can never get it to do the things I want it to do. It looks like my texture is changing a little. I really have no problem with that but some things that used to work don't seem to work anymore. I really need to find a reggie. I haven't been spending the time I should on my hair because when I get home I am totally exhausetd from work. Our work load has been really non stop for the last 6 months I would say and that means more daily driving for me. I try not to totally exhaust myself but I have to do what needs to be done. I want to take more time with my hair but I am also trying to keep Ania's healthy while using this medicated shampoo. I think I have learned the trick to the shampoo not stripping her hair. I have started putting it on the scalp dry that way it can still do its job without being on the hair so long. I am hoping that the up coming months witll slow down so that I can get me some well needed relaxation.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 26th September 2010, 8:51 pm

Hi Ladies

So I was really lazy this weekend. Saturday which is usually my wash day Ania and I turned into a hang out day with us and her god mother. So I ended up buying a few things yesterday. I made a purchase of some powder for my face, some Aloe Vera Jel, Tea Tree Oil and some lavender from Vitamin Shoppe. I also went to world market and got a really big bottle of Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I also finally got the HEHH.

So I received some Tui leave in from CD from a friend of mine and I loved it. I am goingt to be making this part of my reggie until I find something better. I have still been looking for the KCKT and have not found it. I am going to try to make me a spritizer with the aloe vera gel.

So since i didn't do anything to my hair this weekend I am going to be wearing a few wash in go this week before it starts to get to cool and I get a sinus headache. As for Ania she will proberly get washed in the morning and wear a nice afro puff for a couple of days.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th September 2010, 10:44 pm

Sounds like you are trying products to see what Ania likes. In time, you will know what she needs and how much. Keep enjoying the journey.

Don't forget us in the makeup thread.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 29th September 2010, 10:51 pm

Hi Ladies

Just sitting here watching Criminal Minds and thinking this is going to be a long hair weekend for us. I am going to wash and condition Ania's then either twist or braid. Know her it will be braids because she like the beads on the end while I perfer to twist but I guess we will see. This is the weekend I henna my hair. I want to try the henna with the hibicus flowers. I think I will just give it a try and see how it comes out. I don't know if I am suppose to crunch them up or just put them in there whole. Who knows? I think after I henna and dc I am going to retwist and hopefully I can make this last for at least 2 weeks. The weather has reall changed here and I am not able to do the wash n gos. Oh well wish me luck with the henna this weekend and I'll post some pictures.

Last edited by KeAnia on 29th September 2010, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 29th September 2010, 10:54 pm

Thanks Chrs

I am still trying a lot of things. I'm not sure if you know but Ania is my daughter and SugaBabe is my hair. I know I talk about it like its one but they are 2 different people.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 3rd October 2010, 11:27 pm

Hi Ladies

Just thought I would put up a few new pictures. This weekend was hair weekend for us. I did mine and Ania's. She ended up with twist that I hope will last atleas two weeks. I did my henna with the hibisus flowers and I was able to see a little bit of the color.

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0026

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0027

Twist out I wore today after I henna yeaterday

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0115

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0114

Chunky Twist I did last night

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0113

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0112

Ania's Twist

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0111

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0110

My First Puff

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0031

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0030

New Year New Resolutions New ME - Page 3 102_0029
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 3rd October 2010, 11:59 pm

Hi KeAnia

Both you and your daughters hair came out real nice. I can see the color from your henna!! Good job.

Your first puff!!! NICE....I was so excited when I had enough hair for a puff!!

Keep up the good work. Your daughter is a cutie!!!
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 4th October 2010, 5:22 pm

I love Ania's twist style. I hope it lasts too. Your henna color is very pretty & the flower adds just the right touch to your puff. Work it girl!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 5th October 2010, 8:42 pm

Hi Ladies

Thanks for all the compliments. I have been trying really hard. KNH a cutie yes she is but Sassy oh my Goodness. I don't know if her mouth is going to let me let her see her 13th birthday. Freckle yes I really do like what the flowers did. I am enjoying the color now I just have to retain my moisture. I want to try the alma powder next but I am not sure how I need to mix it.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th October 2010, 6:34 pm

Hi Ladies
So what's been going on in my world. A little and alot. I have been a little busier this week. Ania has started Tae Kwon Do and is really loving it. I have really been in a I don't feel like it mode. I have just really not felt like it. I have really not done much with SugaBabe I am still wearing the twist out from Sunday. Not that it's a bad thing but I have just been spritzing and adding some castor oil or shea butter.

On the other hand I did find the KCKT so I am going to try the Kimmaytube conditioner this weekend. I am not sure what I am going to do with SugaBabe this weekend but it has been to cool in the mornings for wash-n-gos. I may decide to sit and do some twist but I am not sure about that either. I am enjoying just letting it do what it wants to do. I love being different and getting some of those extra looks. I would continue to wear the twist out but I think I have but a little too much oil on SugaBabe so I think it's time for a co-wash. I still have not used the alma powder nor have I purchased any more products. I was really starting to spend but I think I still need to find out what works for SugaBabe. I know that I will be getting some Kinkytwist next month to wear for a couple of months so I am going to play with it as long as I can.

Ania's hair is doing pretty well but I think we may leave her twist in and co-wash. I know she will be okay with that.

KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 8th October 2010, 10:27 pm

Hey KeAnia!

Now what flowers did you use for that extra color? ;-) And where did you get them? Lookin' good! cheers

Your daughter's twists are nice...I need to do that style myself!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 8th October 2010, 11:04 pm

TheRYL1

Thanks for the compliments. I used hibicus flowers that I ordered from Butters-n-bars. I am sure they can be purchased at you local indian store if you have one. I have to order all of my stuff because we do not have an indian store in my area.

The twist are my save. She does not like to get her hair done and it takes me a good while to comb it. I can get them to last atleast 1week we are pushing for 2 weeks this time around. I also like to keep her hair twisted or braided because it grows alot.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 9th October 2010, 1:25 pm

Hey, yor puff looks ggod with the flower. I know what you are saying about sassy. I have a 21 month old and she may not make it to 2 LOL, gotta love them
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 9th October 2010, 11:18 pm

Ok ladies just a little update. I tried an Avacado DT and I love it. I think I have found my deep treatments for a while until they stop working or I find something better. I mixed the Avacado with some honey, jojoba oil and EVOO. I applied after co-washing, baggied and put a towel on SugaBabe for about an hour. When I rinsed I could tell a difference. I also put in a little KCKT and SugaBabe seems to like that also. I did not get a chance to make the Kimmaytube leave in but I will sometime this week. I am enjoying the soft hair but I really need to find something that will define my curls a little better. I Know they are there but I just need to make them pop. I have been working with the shea moisture curl smoothie and the eco styler. The Eco does make them pop some but it is so hard. I've tried to mix it with some EVCO and EVOO it worked well for my twist out but not the wash n go's. The shea moisture was just really good for conditioning but no definition at all. So I am still searching. I am hoping that as SugaBabe get longer it will be easier. I have noticed that I love the back of my hair is is sooooooooooooo curly and defined no matter what I put on it. WHY DOES THE (GOOD HAIR) ALWAYS HAVE TO BE IN BACK
Ania is still wearing her twist. We wet them in the shower this evening and applied some of the Eco mixture and she is good as new. scratch
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 12th October 2010, 12:09 pm

Hi ladies

SugaBabe and I have been doing ok. I am still wearing her out until I am able to go get my sister locks. I think I am going to wear them for the winter. My hair will love it and so will my pockets. I ususally wear mine for about 2-3 months at a time depending on how my hair acts. I enjoy not having to do anything with my hair and it enjoys not having anything to do with me.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 17th October 2010, 1:21 am

Hi Ladies

Nothing new has been going on here. I have been passing through everywhere but have enjoyed more reading and watching then writing. Tonight I did a Alma/Henna paste for about 2 hours. I have to say I really think my hair liked it and the curls looked different. I rinsed with HEHH and DC with SMDTM for about 15 mins rinsed and added Kimmaytube condition. I then did some chunky twist with SMCS and sealed with Vatika oil.
Ania wanted to wear her twist again so we washed with her tiwst in and retwisted. I have to say that was way easier than I thougt so we may be doing that sometimes.
I don't have any pictures because my camera is broken and I am waiting for the one to come in that I ordered from ebay. I think I am becoming addicted to this internet ordering. My husband got the mail today and was about to have a fit. Oh well!!!
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by KeAnia 20th October 2010, 9:47 pm

Hi Ladies
I am writing to let you all know that I am really not feeling my hair at the moment. I have really not been doing much with it. I have been taking care of it but I have not been much for styling. I think I have been really tired and sleepy lately. Ania has been doing Tae Kwon Do 3 nights a week and 2 meeting a month with her head start. I have also been extremely busy at work and it is really draining me. I have been driving in excess of 2000 miles a month and not to mention the paper work. I am so ready to RETIRE. So with all that said I am really going to try to style my hair this weekend. I really want to do someting with it I just don have the energy.
KeAnia
KeAnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next