CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Here Use Products With Cones

+25
natural newbie
LaToya28
MsChris8
raina
blondie
DvaAuNaturel
jcanalena79
Juices-n-Berries
tiashaunteƩ
BekkaPoo
Muz
so1913
bevyboo628
LilMsPuddles
SisterBoyd
.:Eden:.
sweetdrk1
Lynnieluve
nmoultry
CurlySpeechTherapist
jamaicacurl
nalena
snappynappy
xtremelyperfect
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does Anyone Here Use Products With Cones - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Anyone Here Use Products With Cones

Post by ... 17th April 2010, 11:48 am

I'm not doing the CG method, since my hair gets overmoisturized very easily and so washing with conditioner all the time is a no-go, but I am avoiding all 'cones and sulfates like the plague. They just make my hair feel overly soft, but dry, if that makes sense. Like the Aussie Moist conditioner, for example. I tried it, and my hair was soft like butter for days on end, but I could tell by the actual feel of it that my hair was getting drier and drier. And sulfates are really drying for me too--they leave my hair stripped and dry and nothing helps moisturize it, so it stays really dry for days and days. So I'm not necessarily CG, but washing with baking soda and ACV is working really well for me right now.

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Here Use Products With Cones - Page 2 Empty Re: Does Anyone Here Use Products With Cones

Post by natural newbie 17th April 2010, 11:57 am

I use a modified CG method b/c I use HEHH condish and my hair loves it! I also use a deep conditioner with cones in it.
natural newbie
natural newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 17th April 2010, 6:51 pm

I'm with Lynnie. I use anything that works well with my hair. Not all cones are bad cones, and my results are always on point. However, I have switched to a no-cone conditioner that I've decided to try. I'm still getting great results from that, too. It is all good either way with me.
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd July 2010, 5:15 pm

CurlsGalore wrote:I'm with Lynnie. I use anything that works well with my hair. Not all cones are bad cones, and my results are always on point. However, I have switched to a no-cone conditioner that I've decided to try. I'm still getting great results from that, too. It is all good either way with me.

CurlsGalore.....which condish did you find with no cones?

I am glad I came across this forum, because most of my conditioners have dimethicone. Especially the ones I love HeHH and Aussie Moist. I use Dr.Bonner Shampoo, and that because I am tired of trying products I don't like-so I will stick to what I know I like.

So I guess a modified "CG," is what I am doing.

Can anyone suggest cone-free products that they like?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 3rd July 2010, 5:22 pm

coilykinks wrote:
CurlsGalore wrote:I'm with Lynnie. I use anything that works well with my hair. Not all cones are bad cones, and my results are always on point. However, I have switched to a no-cone conditioner that I've decided to try. I'm still getting great results from that, too. It is all good either way with me.

CurlsGalore.....which condish did you find with no cones?

I am glad I came across this forum, because most of my conditioners have dimethicone. Especially the ones I love HeHH and Aussie Moist. I use Dr.Bonner Shampoo, and that because I am tired of trying products I don't like-so I will stick to what I know I like.

So I guess a modified "CG," is what I am doing.

Can anyone suggest cone-free products that they like?

Curls Coconut Sublime Conditioner, Kinky-Curly Knot Today are just 2. There are tons of silicone free conditioners out there.
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 3rd July 2010, 5:28 pm

Ok, I have the KT and I do like that.

Isn"t the Curls available at Target?
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 3rd July 2010, 6:11 pm

coilykinks wrote:Ok, I have the KT and I do like that.

The Target version may have diff ingredients so doublec-check.

Also available at Target and cone-free and AWESOME is Yes to Cucumbers. Oh, and Giovanni's line of conditioners are available at Target as well and are cone-free.
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 3rd July 2010, 6:16 pm

This is the one you have to order from the site....I haven't used or looked at the ingredients on the Target version. I do know the one from the site is the best I've come across. It's at www.curls.biz
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanabell1219 4th July 2010, 12:32 am

if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i stopped using sulfate shampoos because i despise that dry stripped feeling my hair has afterwards, but i'm not going to stop using a product that i know works for my hair.
Lanabell1219
Lanabell1219

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 4th July 2010, 12:07 pm

jcanalena79 wrote:

The Target version may have diff ingredients so doublec-check.

Also available at Target and cone-free and AWESOME is Yes to Cucumbers. Oh, and Giovanni's line of conditioners are available at Target as well and are cone-free.

Ok-I will check that. I have heard lots about ytc, so eventually I will try that.
blondie wrote:

This is the one you have to order from the site....I haven't used or looked at the ingredients on the Target version. I do know the one from the site is the best I've come across. It's at www.curls.biz

Thanks!

Lanabell1219 wrote:if it ain't broke, don't fix it. i stopped using sulfate shampoos because i despise that dry stripped feeling my hair has afterwards, but i'm not going to stop using a product that i know works for my hair.

I agree Lanabell. If I can find a cone free condish to add to my Dr. Bronners-I would be happy!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 4th July 2010, 11:45 pm

I use cones all the time. i love them. I dont know what the problem is.

I use fantasia IC product and tehy have lots of cones. My hair loves them. It makes the hair look gorgeous and seals in all my other moisture products

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2