CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangles and Cones

4 posters

Go down

Tangles and Cones Empty Tangles and Cones

Post by SisterBoyd 23rd July 2010, 2:40 pm

I've been having a time with these curls of mine getting super tangled. I'm having to spend close to a hour detangling at every wash. Then, yesterday I realized that detangling hasn't been so bad the past week or so. What changed? I've been using products with cones. Not on purpose - some of the stuff I didn't realize it had cones in it (yes, I didn't thoroughly read the ingredients) and some things I've been trying to get out of my cabinet, but I'm too cheap to just throw the stuff away. I have to use it!

The last cone free conditioner I used was Say Yes to Cucumber (or Carrots, whichever doesn't have cones) and even though its a great conditioner I had a time detangling. When I finished I went back to my BFF VO5. The past few weeks I've been using up my collection of Organix and that's the one I didn't know had cones. My hair detangled beautifully yesterday...fingered detangled and then my shower come just slipped right through my hair. I guess the cones did their slip job hahaha!!!

Oh so my quesiton is has anyone had a detangling problem when they removed the cones from their routine? If so, what did you do to fix the problem? Are any of you keeping cones in your routine for this reason?

Oh I do shampoo/clarify once a month regardless if I'm coning it up or not.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Tangles and Cones Empty Re: Tangles and Cones

Post by krys419 25th July 2010, 4:55 am

I ALWAYS use cones because my hair is very tangly. It prevents this

I thought should I not use cones because it's supposedly bad for your hair, and have knots and no slip on my hair...or use cones and have shiny tangle free hair. I chose the 2nd!

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 25th July 2010, 10:35 am

Some of my favorite conditioners have cones in them (Herbal Essences, Garnier Fructise, Organix). In the past when I tried to detangle with cone-free conditioners it was very difficult and not very productive. I think you should use whatever makes your job easier!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 25th July 2010, 5:46 pm

cones are ok as long as you shampoo often enough to get rid of buildup, which for me is twice a month
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down