CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What product do you use for your 2 strand twists?

+12
oooop2
Tiffy2
ebonediva
brownsugar09
BrownSkinDiva
fanmnatirel
HappyCurly
Lynnieluve
ChrsLvsBks
specialk
afrochic
ShortNSassie
16 posters

Go down

What product do you use for your 2 strand twists? Empty What product do you use for your 2 strand twists?

Post by ShortNSassie 10th August 2010, 3:52 pm

I recently did 2strand twists all over and they came out pretty good. I used Jamacian Mango and Lime locking creame wax. It provided medium hold, they stayed it for about 3 days. Could have kept longer had it not been for that really bady disease I have, (hand in hair) lol. Anywhoo the PJ in me wants to try a different product for my next twists.

2 strand flat twists in the front and 2strand singles in the back and sides

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Twist out

ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

What product do you use for your 2 strand twists? Empty Re: What product do you use for your 2 strand twists?

Post by afrochic 10th August 2010, 4:06 pm

i use cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and i like it but i'm ready to try something new! any suggestions?!
afrochic
afrochic

Back to top Go down

What product do you use for your 2 strand twists? Empty Two Strand Twists using EcoStyler Custard

Post by specialk 10th August 2010, 4:47 pm

I did my twists on Friday 8/6 and the pics were taken on Sunday. I am on day 5...I love my twists such a great protective style.
specialk
specialk

Back to top Go down

What product do you use for your 2 strand twists? Empty Re: What product do you use for your 2 strand twists?

Post by ShortNSassie 10th August 2010, 4:58 pm

@specialk your twists look nice, the coils i have in now I did with eco styler gel and castor oil to seal. I will let you know if it worked for me.
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 10th August 2010, 5:11 pm

I've used Koils by Nature butter and gel as well as Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter. Both provided me nice looking twists that lasted a week or more.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 10th August 2010, 6:44 pm

I love Koils By Nature butter and gel together!!

Here are pics of my twist and twistout

Here and here
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 10th August 2010, 10:48 pm

Has anyone ever used Darcy Botanicals Madagascar styling creme for twists? I've never done twists with the intent of them holding on thier own to be worn out. How would twists look if I tried this creme on them?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 10th August 2010, 11:25 pm

I use Quemet Biologics and my hair stay moisturized for days...
fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 11th August 2010, 8:24 am

I use my shea butter mix and seal the ends with jojoba oil....But i make sure to use my leave in before I put the shea butter on, I use Giovanni Direct, but I think im gonna try something new
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by brownsugar09 11th August 2010, 10:14 am

Lynnieluve,

Your results were amazing. Do you like the Koils line better than Bee Mine? Love your avatar, BTW!
brownsugar09
brownsugar09

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th August 2010, 10:49 am

HappyCurly wrote:Has anyone ever used Darcy Botanicals Madagascar styling creme for twists? I've never done twists with the intent of them holding on thier own to be worn out. How would twists look if I tried this creme on them?
Yes, I have. I will say the cream I had was purchased from a swap, and I had problems with the beeswax or some type of wax in the product. I would definitely try it again. A little went a long way.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th August 2010, 12:11 pm

brownsugar09 wrote:Lynnieluve,

Your results were amazing. Do you like the Koils line better than Bee Mine? Love your avatar, BTW!

Thanks!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And yes I like the KBN better than the Bee Mine. I must add that I used Kimmaytube's leave in conditioner mix under the butter and gel.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 11th August 2010, 5:10 pm

I use KBB leave-in and moisturize and seal with JC Nourish and Shine, and KBB Butter Love.
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 11th August 2010, 6:35 pm

I use my shea butter mix,giovanni's direct leave-in and my spray mix. BTW,LynnieLuve I LOVE your fro....
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th August 2010, 6:41 pm

Thanks Tiffy2! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 11th August 2010, 11:14 pm

Shocked OMG Lynnie..Look at all that hair!!! Great fro afro
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th August 2010, 11:32 pm

Thanks Oooop!! I'm trying to get like you!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 11th August 2010, 11:55 pm

I use ORS Lock and Twist or Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie. I use a Giovanni Direct Leave-In or Nexxus Humectin and seal with oil before I begin twisting.

I've gotten 5 days out of an ORS twist out. Could go longer, but I frizz up my head by touching it.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 12th August 2010, 12:45 am

i bought some ors lock and twist today, will try on sunday. Thanks ladies
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 12th August 2010, 1:08 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Thanks Oooop!! I'm trying to get like you!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Girl I think you're almost there Very Happy

oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 12th August 2010, 11:50 am

I use homemade flaxseed gel for my twists. I've also used Afroveda Totally Twisted and BeeMine curly butter. I love the results from all 3 of these.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by HappigocurliJenn 12th August 2010, 8:52 pm

I use Carol's Daughter healthy hair butter and seal with coconut oil. The combination tends to make my hair look really "moist" lol. Happy twisting!
HappigocurliJenn
HappigocurliJenn

Back to top Go down

Post by mesocoillee 15th August 2010, 11:45 am

HappyCurly wrote:Has anyone ever used Darcy Botanicals Madagascar styling creme for twists? I've never done twists with the intent of them holding on thier own to be worn out. How would twists look if I tried this creme on them?

I have used the Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar styling creme as a moisture sealant for my twist outs when I take them down and when I retwist at night. I use Darcy's Botanicals Avocado and Honey twisting creme for my twist outs and I LOVE IT!! This product leaves my hair soft, moisturized and curls are super defined.
mesocoillee
mesocoillee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down