CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two-Strand Twists Question

2 posters

Go down

Two-Strand Twists Question Empty Two-Strand Twists Question

Post by Tamikac23 13th January 2010, 1:37 pm

Hi Ladies, I am loving all of the advice and encouragement I have been receiving on this board. So now I have a question about my two-strand twists technique. I love the style and want to try it again this weekend as one of my protective styles. But I stopped wearing my hair in two-strand twists because while my hair is 100% natural, its still very thin. I love how everyone else's twist come out thick, plump and healthy looking. My twists often start out ok but when I get down to the ends some/most of my twists begin to get a little stringy. They sort of resemble spider legs and my head never ends up looking full. Am I safe to assume that the stringy thin ends are "damaged" hair and should be cut off? Also, what are some of your techniques? Do you part with a comb or just grab sections and twists? Etc, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Tamikac23
Tamikac23

Back to top Go down

Two-Strand Twists Question Empty Re: Two-Strand Twists Question

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 13th January 2010, 2:49 pm

Hi Tamikac23,

I wear two strand twists majority of the time and because I'm transitioning I curl my ends with perm rods. Because of my two textures I think I know what your talking about in regards to your ends. It sounds to me that your ends maybe damaged from heat. Do you do your twists on dry or wet hair? Do you use a blow dryer or flat iron often? I do twists only on freshly cowashed hair and I just grab hair as I go along accept if I want a particular part in the front.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down