CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Positive comments about my natural hair!!!

+13
HappigocurliJenn
QuietButterfly
Punkyskunk
Neems
ciara89
oooop2
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
nattyblog
Cnicoles6
thetiffany
Ebbz
WhosThatRedHead
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Positive comments about my natural hair!!! Empty Positive comments about my natural hair!!!

Post by WhosThatRedHead 6th August 2010, 5:57 pm

I know that we tend to lament over the "special" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] comments others have about our choice to go natural but what about the positive comments? Today my friend called me and told me that my hair looks so much better now that I've stopped relaxing. And yesterday another friend told me that my color looks better with my natural hair and said that I should grow my hair as long and big as it will get and never relax again!! And of course there's my boyfriend. He LOVES my hair natural!! Can't seem to get him to stop rubbing his hands in my hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So... lets share some of the nice things others may have said about our hair! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Positive comments about my natural hair!!! Empty Re: Positive comments about my natural hair!!!

Post by Ebbz 6th August 2010, 8:42 pm

"I love it! It brings out all of your features. Its so thick and pretty!" This is what my roommate from last year said when she saw a picture of it on AIM.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Positive comments about my natural hair!!! Empty Re: Positive comments about my natural hair!!!

Post by thetiffany 6th August 2010, 8:57 pm

this is a great thread! i hardly ever got compliments on my pressed hair, but get so many with my hair *curly*. my favorite comment was "you look like a natural princess and should have a tiara on" that was from a coworker.
thetiffany
thetiffany

http://embracingmycurly.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 7th August 2010, 12:48 am

On my first bantu knot out, which turned into a curly afro lol, one of my employees walked by, not knowing who I was, did a double take, and said "Ms. Stewart I love your hair!" Made me feel awesome!!
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 7th August 2010, 11:28 pm

Thanks for sharing guys.
A lady stopped me today and the store and told me she liked my hair.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 8th August 2010, 12:08 am

My compliments usually come from y'all, lol! My hubby isn't into natural hair. At times I can tell he likes a style by his expression when he sees it. But he really isn't verbal about it.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 8th August 2010, 1:16 am

I got a lot of complements on my first set of twists. Made me feel really good on a not so great day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th August 2010, 11:18 am

nattyblog wrote:My compliments usually come from y'all, lol! My hubby isn't into natural hair. At times I can tell he likes a style by his expression when he sees it. But he really isn't verbal about it.

Same here natty, most of my compliments comes from you guys. My BF is really not into it so he does not comments.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 8th August 2010, 11:28 am

nattyblog wrote:My compliments usually come from y'all, lol! My hubby isn't into natural hair. At times I can tell he likes a style by his expression when he sees it. But he really isn't verbal about it.
A compliment is a compliment regardless of who says it!! Even if it is just a look from your hubby or all of the p
Cnicoles6 wrote:well you're braiding! Or what about the ladies at Mya's school that like both your hair and her hair???

[quote="Cnicoles6"]I got a lot of complements on my first set of twists. Made me feel really good on a not so great day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Isn't that the best? Getting told you look cute when you really wanna go off?? (at least that's how I be feeling!) Your twists are really cute!! Especially with the flower!
CrissyQ wrote:

Same here natty, most of my compliments comes from you guys. My BF is really not into it so he does not comments.
I still think a compliment is a compliment!! Like how cute your nails were after you went and got them done. Or on how your twist out turned out! Sometimes all it takes is a positive look or smile to make me feel better at times.

We are all beautiful black women who are learning or have learned to embrace the hair that we were born with. Focus on the positive rather than the negatives (I'm preaching to myself here) Compliments come from everywhere! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 8th August 2010, 4:14 pm

I think my most memorable compliment came from a complete stranger. I was in the shoe department at Macys. You know how you can feel someone staring at you? I looked up and she looked away. never imagined it was about my hair. I was wearing a 4 day old WnG/ I moved to the purse department and I had that feeling again. I looked up and she turned away. I finally walked over to her and said "can I help you?"

She said in a very heavy accent, she was from London. "how do I say I want your hair?" I said just say it! lol!! We then spent the next 30- 45 mins talkin hair and products and of course I told her all about you guys!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 9th August 2010, 10:45 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:I think my most memorable compliment came from a complete stranger. I was in the shoe department at Macys. You know how you can feel someone staring at you? I looked up and she looked away. never imagined it was about my hair. I was wearing a 4 day old WnG/ I moved to the purse department and I had that feeling again. I looked up and she turned away. I finally walked over to her and said "can I help you?"

She said in a very heavy accent, she was from London. "how do I say I want your hair?" I said just say it! lol!! We then spent the next 30- 45 mins talkin hair and products and of course I told her all about you guys!!

I be tellin (yes I said I be tellin) folks about CN too!!! Like I feel that everyone should know about this site!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 10th August 2010, 1:20 am

I was recently in New Orleans for my sororities 50th National Convention. I was totally touched by the number for Sorors and vendors selling their items telling me how much they loved my hair. Even had some sorors asking if they could touch it. I made sure to plug my 2 favorite things: CN.com and BeeMine!!!
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 7:53 am

oooop2 wrote:I was recently in New Orleans for my sororities 50th National Convention. I was totally touched by the number for Sorors and vendors selling their items telling me how much they loved my hair. Even had some sorors asking if they could touch it. I made sure to plug my 2 favorite things: CN.com and BeeMine!!!

I have yet to go to a National Convention... I bet it was on point!! And all the cute Delta stuff..... I probably woulda spent my whole paycheck!
But back to hair..... glad to know you're doing commercials for CN...lol and it's nice to hear that your hair was the talk of the town.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by ciara89 10th August 2010, 2:39 pm

I usually get, "it really works for you", and my mother says that I can only pull off the unkempt afro look (I'm only keeping this look until i get my hair twisted on saturday). But the best comment I have recieved was from a complete stranger. He told me,"Your my hair is beautiful and youshould never change it", and it made me feel great because that was the same day I got my BC and I was feel a little bit arkward.

Also oooop2-- your afro is my ultimate hair goal, and its very beautiful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ciara89
ciara89

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 10th August 2010, 3:13 pm

Cool beans.
@WhosThatRedHead my dad had the same color hair as you when he was younger. I imagine it looked like yours. We can't find an pictures of it, but his whole family calls him "reds." I just wanted to say I think your hair looks great!
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 3:37 pm

Neems wrote:Cool beans.
@WhosThatRedHead my dad had the same color hair as you when he was younger. I imagine it looked like yours. We can't find an pictures of it, but his whole family calls him "reds." I just wanted to say I think your hair looks great!

Thanks!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 10th August 2010, 3:38 pm

ciara89 wrote:I usually get, "it really works for you", and my mother says that I can only pull off the unkempt afro look (I'm only keeping this look until i get my hair twisted on saturday). But the best comment I have recieved was from a complete stranger. He told me,"Your my hair is beautiful and youshould never change it", and it made me feel great because that was the same day I got my BC and I was feel a little bit arkward.

Also oooop2-- your afro is my ultimate hair goal, and its very beautiful [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A man asked me out on a date the day after I bc'd and he said it was because he loved my hair.....

I love this guys!! Lets keep the positivity going!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 10th August 2010, 5:11 pm

I was out with my best friend yesterday and a lady sitting outside of a nail shop said "I like your hair. It's really cute!" She was on the phone but commented on my hair...which i thought was a nice gesture.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkyskunk 12th August 2010, 3:50 am

I was out visiting my college for the first time and a guy kept smiling at me. I went to get a sip of water and he tells me, "I love your hair." I smiled and said thanks. Made me feel good for the rest of the day. Smile

Also, that same day my mom commented while we we're getting ready to go out saying, "If I looked as good as you do with your hair I'd just chop all of mine off." That comment coming from my mom made me walk with my head up so high.
Punkyskunk
Punkyskunk

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 12th August 2010, 10:22 am

I've also gotten the best compliments from complete strangers. I was in Family Dollar and when I walked to the counter to pay for my things the girl at the register stopped, looked at my hair and said "Oh my God, you have my dream puff!"
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 10:38 am

Punkyskunk wrote:I was out visiting my college for the first time and a guy kept smiling at me. I went to get a sip of water and he tells me, "I love your hair." I smiled and said thanks. Made me feel good for the rest of the day. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Also, that same day my mom commented while we we're getting ready to go out saying, "If I looked as good as you do with your hair I'd just chop all of mine off." That comment coming from my mom made me walk with my head up so high.

Did you get his number??? lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkyskunk 12th August 2010, 8:03 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Did you get his number??? lol

Nah. Lol. I'm a one man type of girl. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Punkyskunk
Punkyskunk

Back to top Go down

Post by HappigocurliJenn 12th August 2010, 9:06 pm

I did an afro for a 70's themed work halloween party and 1 yr later a friend who had seen the pic asked me where I bought my afro from because that was the best looking one she's seen and she wanted to buy one just like it LOL I couldn't help but laugh as I told her I didn't buy it I grew it out of my head.
HappigocurliJenn
HappigocurliJenn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 13th August 2010, 1:28 am

You gotta love that. Hair so beautiful it just couldn't be real, but it IS! Awesomeness!
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 7:38 pm

I need to meet the people y'all meet, lol! Where y'all live? Suspect

I was expecting a compliment today from somebody in my family because I got so many on here, but nada. Oh well, the little one likes it! I love you
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next