CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So here's my idea!

2 posters

Go down

So here's my idea! Empty So here's my idea!

Post by natchralme 4th August 2010, 10:22 pm

Hi everyone!!!
I just decided to go natural 4 days ago and have been researching the blogs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] My relaxed hair is to my shoulders and I've got about 1/2" of new growth. I plan to BC in another 6-12 weeks, but in the meantime, I don't want to walk around looking scary. I saw one video on this (CN) blog with a lovely young college student forcing her relaxed hair to curl into a full curly style. It looked really, really nice, but she had much more new growth than I do. Besides, my hair goes completely limp in humid weather (and Chicago has been feeling like the Amazon this summer).

So I thought about doing a co-wash & conditioning regimen (my first - yippee!), then twisting my hair and rolling it up to dry (or should I wait for it to dry first & then roll it? what kind of rollers should I use?); then I'd untwist and pull back into a pony tail puff (or whatever it winds up being). (What can I use to keep my puff from drooping in this humidity?)

Does that sound like it'll work? If anyone knows of some other styles I can try, or has some advice, I'd love your input.

Thanks!!!
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

So here's my idea! Empty Re: So here's my idea!

Post by Naturally Esq 5th August 2010, 12:18 am

To answer your questions:
1. If you want a firm set then you should roll it up wet or damp.
2. Many transitioners use the perm rollers that are sold in the BSS.

What product are you going to use to set your hair? Lottabody, Ecostyler gel, Giovanni Mousse? A firm setting product will keep your hair from dropping.

Have you tried Curlformers to style your hair? They are sold at Sally's BSS and will give your hair a spiral curl.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 5th August 2010, 5:27 am

Can't sleep. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks HTH! This will be my first time washing/styling my hair since I made "the decision" so I haven't tried many of those products yet. I do have some Lottabody inhouse already, but I plan to pick up some Eco Styler this weekend. I used to have some afro curling rods that I could use if I can find them. Just checked out the Curlformers on Sally's website -- interesting looking. You like them, huh, and they make a good curl? They seem like they're easy to sleep on.
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 5th August 2010, 9:54 am

Hey HTH! Thanks for the info about curlformers. I checked them out on youtube. They make really great curls. But since I'll be BCing in a few weeks, I wouldn't get much use out of them for awhile, so I'll just wait until my hair grows out before purchasing. Thanks again!
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 6th August 2010, 2:33 pm

natchralme wrote:Hey HTH! Thanks for the info about curlformers. I checked them out on youtube. They make really great curls. But since I'll be BCing in a few weeks, I wouldn't get much use out of them for awhile, so I'll just wait until my hair grows out before purchasing. Thanks again!

Be sure to increase your moisturizing of your hair after your BC. Many of the ladies here have said that the dryness of their hair increased after the BC.

BTW: My screen name is Naturally Esq not HTH. HTH = hope this helps.
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by natchralme 7th August 2010, 12:55 am

HTH -- duh! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll definitely follow your advice. Just got back from Walmart & Sally's loaded with all my new hair stuff. Spent more than I expected, but since I cancelled my touch up appt for yesterday, I still came out ahead.

'preciate your support!
natchralme
natchralme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down