CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a good idea...?

4 posters

Go down

Is this a good idea...? Empty Is this a good idea...?

Post by snappynappy 27th December 2009, 7:18 pm

I would like to retain as much growth as possible, I recently figure out how to do individual braids (about the size of a pencil) and I have decided that I want to wear them on and off until the summer. Would it be a good idea to wear them for about a month, take a break for a week or so and them rebraid them ? I will be one year natural on March 3rd and 2 years post relaxer in May of 2010. I am not sure how much length I should be expecting by them but I figure it couldnt hurt to keep my hair out of the way and just let it grow on its own. I tried to straighten it(emphasis on try) a few days ago and I am NL in the front and somewhere between neck and shoulder length in the back.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Is this a good idea...? Empty Re: Is this a good idea...?

Post by NylaCoils 27th December 2009, 8:15 pm

Yes, this is a type of protective style. I was wanting to do something similar but with twists. I say go for it!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by truet 27th December 2009, 8:44 pm

I my self just got individual braids and I plan on keeping them in my hair for three months this gives the hair time to rest and if your like me hands out of the fro. Most people see a lot of growth because your are letting the hair rest.
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 27th December 2009, 9:26 pm

yeah, this is great!! i recently had to keep my hair in two strand twists for like a month, and the length was a amazing!!! i will be doing this for now on, and just letting my hair out for only a week
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down