CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start ..

5 posters

Go down

Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start .. Empty Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start ..

Post by autumn 23rd February 2010, 7:11 pm

Hi everyone!
I am 21 and have been seriously considering to go natural !
I have been wearing sew-ins for about 2 years now, and haven't relaxed my entire head for about a year. I noticed that if I do not do anything to my hair, it grows like grass and this is the longest its ever been! The only thing is Im afriad of is, if i do anything else to it, it will break off. My mother has been natural for awhile now and is currently growing locks. My questions are: How do I go about transitioning to natural? Where do I start? What products should I look into? What should be my daily rountine? What should I expect? How do I maintain naturally? Although these my be stupid questions, I have no idea where to start!
Your Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Peace & God Bless! Smile

autumn

http://ww.Twitter.com/AutumnDuh

Back to top Go down

Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start .. Empty Re: Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start ..

Post by WilliT0206 23rd February 2010, 10:26 pm

Autumn

You have come to the right place. This site is full of information to get you started. I'm new to the curly community myself so i don't have a lot of experience to offer you but once you start poking around on Curly Nikki your sure to find a host of knowledge.

Good Luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WilliT0206
WilliT0206

Back to top Go down

Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start .. Empty Re: Help! I Have No Idea Where To Start ..

Post by MellowOne 23rd February 2010, 10:34 pm

Welcome autumn, I'm not sure if you have had time to checkout the main webpage for the site there is a tab transitioning and it has alot of info for newbies. here is the link

http://www.curlynikki.com/2009/06/resource-for-newbies-and-transitioners.html

Good Luck!
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 24th February 2010, 2:37 pm

Definitely check out the link MellowOne suggested. You shouldn't be afraid of this process because it's the hair you were born with yet for so long we and our parents didn't know how to properly condition our texture of hair so we got perms. Using weaves to transition is a great start. I wore weaves the first 14 months of my transition and I achieved great growth. This journey is going to be based on trial and error. No two heads of hair are alike and you will discover what your hair favors and dislikes during this time.
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by CreoleLady88 24th February 2010, 7:00 pm

good luck with your transition! You'll find this site very helpful! But u just have to find what works for ur hair! Organix makes good shampoos and conditioners, their sold at walmart and cvs!
CreoleLady88
CreoleLady88

Back to top Go down

Post by autumn 24th February 2010, 10:46 pm

Thank You Guys Soooo Much !
I Will Keep You Guys Updated On My Transition. Smile

Peace & God Bless!

autumn

http://ww.Twitter.com/AutumnDuh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down