CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangles, Knots, and More

+3
mrsrenaissance
Janique
Ms. Mycole
7 posters

Go down

Tangles, Knots, and More Empty Tangles, Knots, and More

Post by Ms. Mycole 2nd March 2010, 9:09 pm

Hello Ladies! I've been tranisitioning for about 9 months now and trying to use LESS heat on my hair. I was flat ironing to blend in the two textures but I now want to try styling with protective styles. However, my problem is that EVERY time I wash my hair is it a tangled mess. There are knots, knots, and more knots! I detangle with a wide tooth comb but I need help with product choices. I tried the generic paul mitchell Detangler from Sally's but I'm lost and new to natural hair but I'm trying to learn. Can anyone suggest any good detanglers? Or methods used during your transition? My hair is 4b I believe ( if that's extremely curly or kinky)

Thanks in Advance Ladies!!!!
Ms. Mycole
Ms. Mycole

Back to top Go down

Tangles, Knots, and More Empty Re: Tangles, Knots, and More

Post by Janique 2nd March 2010, 11:39 pm

Since I'm transitioning, I found it easier to wash and condition my hair while in braids. You can make about 6 braids on each side of your hair and use diluted shampoo or conditioner and just let it run through your hair...I found it so much easier to do this and it has helped save my hair from numerous tangles and unnecessary roughness.
Janique
Janique

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 3rd March 2010, 12:05 am

My hair would do that too. You just have to use LOTS of conditioner. Try to detangle w/your fingers as you shampoo too. I also found that shampooing in the shower leaves less tangles (rather than using the sink).

My fav deep conditioner is Garnier Sleek & Shine 3 min. treatment
Leave in conditioner - Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk
I also really like Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle for a reg. conditioner
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by HAMPTONSFNST 3rd March 2010, 11:38 am

Good advice from each curly. What products are you using? Do you use conditioners with harsh sulfates? Try strictly cowashing with favs like HE Hello Hydration, Totally Twisted, Suave Naturals, VO5 Moisture Milks or Aussie Moist conditioner. These all seem to be staples within our regimens. I've tried the first four mentioned and had satisfying results with my long term transitioning hair. Definitely detangle when wet with conditioner and wash your hair in plaits. Never pile your hair on top of it's self! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
HAMPTONSFNST
HAMPTONSFNST

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 3rd March 2010, 5:05 pm

I would suggest Suave coconut. I am a natural product lover, but this product was the business.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Mycole 4th March 2010, 10:59 pm

Thanks ladies! I'll try all of your suggestions and I really appreciate the help!
Ms. Mycole
Ms. Mycole

Back to top Go down

Post by aprilj90 4th March 2010, 11:04 pm

I love kinky-curly knot today. It's a great detangler and leave in that leaves my hair soft and extremely manageable.
aprilj90
aprilj90

Back to top Go down

Post by gemofacurlgirl 1st April 2010, 1:57 am

The ladies have given good advice the Aussie moist is soo good for detangling for me and my two natural girls . I have hair that has always tangled but since detangling while wet with plenty of condish and working slowly from the ends up I am losing less hair and I'm happy .
gemofacurlgirl
gemofacurlgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down