CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About to cry from Frustrated...

3 posters

Go down

About to cry from Frustrated... Empty About to cry from Frustrated...

Post by NaturallyInspired 20th July 2010, 1:35 am

Hey Curlies,

My emotions are running high right now. I mean I am in a red alert . I took my Senegalese Twist out after less than a month today and I washed my hair and detangled it only to find some MAJOR knots in my processed hair. Not only had it knotted up but it had also broken off (clumps of hair were in the knots.). I washed it and attempted to roller set it but it was my first time. I think I used rollers that were too big for my uneven hair.

Basically I had a hair failure.

first I put the twist in my hair as a protective style but they kept slipping out and I even say a few hair follicles come out with a few twists.

Then I take out the twist after only ALMOST 4 weeks and my hair is knotted and breaking.

Then I fail at attempting to roller set my hair and ended up having to use direct heat.

It feels like all my efforts to treat my hair better are going in vein and instead of growing it is just breaking.

Not to mention my boyfriend asked me the dreaded, "Did it grow any??" question (he hate my hair short)

Some days I have the urge to do a BC and just chop off the permed hair....

I literally feel like crying out of frustration... I need some words of encouragement... No Mad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
NaturallyInspired
NaturallyInspired

http://futuremillionairessdiaries.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

About to cry from Frustrated... Empty Re: About to cry from Frustrated...

Post by krys419 20th July 2010, 1:58 am

Aw well 1st let's figure out what happened with sen. twists. Did you spray them with braid spray one to two times a week?

Too much would cause buildup and too infrequently would cause breakage

On to take down method...Did you detangle after each 5 to 10 twists then plait/braid when done detangling? After you take out a good 5 twists you should take out any buildup at the root, put conditioner on it and comb from tip to root then braid it to keep it out your way

it sounds like you need an oil treatment. Take some cheapy conditioner. Put it on your hair. Then add coconut or olive oil on top and comb it through. Keep this on for an hour under s hower cap under a head scarf.

try to avoid heat. The follicles that came out may just be regular shed hair

When detangling use your hand first then be very gentle and use wide combs.
This is not a major setback or anything. I would do another protective style (I hear kinky twists are most protective, then braids, then sen twists). After this style then get a little trim and start fresh

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmom29 20th July 2010, 2:46 pm

I say go ahead and cry about it. Get out all of that frustration. Then, take the PP's advice. Do you know how to braid your own hair or will you have to get someone else to do it? The feelings that you're having are all apart of this "transition" process. I have been right where you are but you will definitely get over it.

Last edited by kekesmom29 on 20th July 2010, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
kekesmom29
kekesmom29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down