CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting frustrated

4 posters

Go down

getting frustrated  Empty getting frustrated

Post by luvn_me 3rd August 2010, 3:49 pm

Hello ladies,
So since I've bc'd (7-7-10) I have been wearing wash n go's. I have about 3 1/2 inches of hair and im getting tired of this style. I have tired bantu knot outs and I liked that okay but i really want to wear two strand twists and twist outs. This is where I get frustrated because I have different textures of hair, very loose almost straight in the front and top, and the back is more curlier and holds a twist. Last night was my 2nd attempt at twists (on dry hair), the first time i tried on wet hair = FAIL! It held the twist better on dry hair than wet hair. With that said is there anyone else with this issue and if so what have you done to combat the unraveling of looser textured hair? THANKS

FRONT OF MY HEAD
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BACK OF MY HEAD
luvn_me
luvn_me

Back to top Go down

getting frustrated  Empty Re: getting frustrated

Post by krazy coils 3rd August 2010, 4:07 pm

What products are you using to do your twists with? You may have to use some type of gel or a product with hold to get the looser textues to hold together. Also try applying a hair clip at the ends until your twists are set after applying product to keep them from unraveling.

My hair texture is loose at the top also. I use a butter and a gel on all of my hair when I do twists but I can get away with applying less product in the back of my hair since that texture is tighter and holds together better. If mine start to unravel I usually just retwist the sections.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeFroMonet 3rd August 2010, 4:10 pm

So Wow I have the same problem...my hair right in the front is barely curly and hair in the back even though its 3 inches stretched is so curly is looks about a 1/4 of an inch long..ha! Newho what i do to help...I seal my ends with a shea butter mix with essential oils. The shea butter is so thick that it holds the loose hair together. Even tho i feel i can find a better solution, it is one that works for now. I've also tried pinning down the twist right after twisting them....but i only do that when i plan on taking them out after they dry. O and I always do this on wet hair...havent tried it on dry hair yet!....hope this helps!
FreeFroMonet
FreeFroMonet

http://thisismonet.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 3rd August 2010, 5:32 pm

I prefer doing my twists on damp hair (40-50% dry). I use a moisturizer and gel/butter (shea, mango or combination of butters) on each twist. If the ends do not hold, I twist them a bit more with the gel or butter. I also prefer doing my twists larger (diameter of a standard marker).

Here is a picture of twists I did in November using Koils by Nature butter and gel on damp hair. I also included a picture of my hair without product that same month. I think what helps me is my hair is medium textured (texture of a frayed piece of thread) and not fine.

ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by luvn_me 4th August 2010, 5:08 pm

Thanks everyone! I will use your suggestions next time! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
luvn_me
luvn_me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down