CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrated?

+21
Furlie
dajewel
Curlock Holmes
kinksncurls
Ninamj
BattleKat
TheRYL1
QuietButterfly
Peachtree
oooop2
tnictay
Karyn
coilylove
moonchild
new-naturalle
Neems
MsJay1121
sweetdrk1
sjoyreed
MissCurly
tiashaunteé
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Frustrated? Empty Frustrated?

Post by tiashaunteé 6th May 2010, 10:32 am

Do you ever get frustrated with your natural hair?

What frustrates you the most? Have you been close to giving up on it?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Frustrated? Empty Re: Frustrated?

Post by MissCurly 6th May 2010, 10:57 am

lol yea it happens. I felt like that on Saturday whenI somewhere to go (and didnt want to meet new people looking like the crazy head girl who needs a hot comb lol) and my braidout was still wet after 8 hours! I unraveled a frizzy undefined mess, Which made me think.....why am I natural again? relaxed heads dont deal with "suprises" I was sooo ready to go to the Dominicans and get a blow out, but I worked with it and made it work. Plus I gave myself I pep talk to boost my confidence. Then today I woke up glad to have natural hair becuz it was easy to style this morning.

It happens, I think we all have our frustrated moments.
MissCurly
MissCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 6th May 2010, 11:10 am

My ish looks extra thirsty as of late. And it has no curl pattern at all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 6th May 2010, 11:16 am

Tia, great question. I was frustrated attempting to get the twist to stay stretched. But at no point was I tempted to give up. I am enjoying learning what to do to achieve the look I desire!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 6th May 2010, 11:27 am

I get frustrated when my hair is extremely tangled. Sadly this still frustrates me and this is all I know. I don't know what it feels like to wash your hair and it does not curl up all over itself.

One time I even broke down crying because I could not figure out how to fix the tangled mess I had created. Needless to day - I have not made that mistake since.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 6th May 2010, 11:38 am

ITA Tia!!!! My hair is especially tangled after a WnG. Ever since I've been prepooing, though, tangles have become easier.

Another thing that frustrates me is when I realized I've damaged my hair to the point of no return like heat and highlight damage =(
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 6th May 2010, 2:25 pm

LOL. I get frustrated when I plan for a hairstlye to last the whole week and by day 3 it looks like I stuck my hand in an electical socket. I also get frustrated when it gets dry and dull looking. Anyway, I just grab some side combs, bobby pins and tuck and roll everything under and throw on a skinny head band for good measure.
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by new-naturalle 6th May 2010, 3:33 pm

My hair was frustrating me because I can't seem to get the basic concepts down. I'm struggling with moisture and how it should look and feel and some comments I was hearing wasn't making it any better so I decided to braid it. I'm hoping I can recharge this way and come at it again with a better attitude.
new-naturalle
new-naturalle

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild 6th May 2010, 6:32 pm

The thing that frustrates me is the same thing that excites me: the unpredictability. On a day that I really need to look good, I kind of dread what surprise my hair will have in store for me, b/c a good hair day one day does not guarantee a good one the next (even if I do the same thing). On days when it doesn't really matter, I get a bit excited about what my hair plans on doing, because it's kind of an adventure. I'm hoping to get so that I can embrace the adventure no matter what.

moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by coilylove 6th May 2010, 6:35 pm

Neems wrote:LOL. I get frustrated when I plan for a hairstlye to last the whole week and by day 3 it looks like I stuck my hand in an electical socket. I also get frustrated when it gets dry and dull looking. Anyway, I just grab some side combs, bobby pins and tuck and roll everything under and throw on a skinny head band for good measure.

Neems, I totally agree! I was feeling this same way after my twist-out last week. I guess it looked so bad because it wasn't completely dry.
coilylove
coilylove

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 6th May 2010, 7:05 pm

Always, but not often since I started caring for my hair. To the point of being in tears, cutting out tangles, pulling on my hair, and taking out my frustration on my mom lol. Now, I've just lost all patience, like when I'm styling haha
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by tnictay 6th May 2010, 7:28 pm

Right now Im frustrated my hair in the front is short and frizzy. After doing the big chop in Jan 2010 I thought it would grow or at least behave and that hasn’t been the case. Another thing that frustrates me is the back is way long. I so wanna cut it but feel like that would set me back so right now I have a mullett..LOL And not finding the right products. Ive tried everything from expensive to cheap and have yet to find anything that works for me….Lately Ive been having the itch to relax but I truly wanna stick it out and be patient.

tnictay

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 6th May 2010, 7:44 pm

I'm tired of the maintenance. The twisting, washing, conditioning, detangling, retwisting, moisturizing, etc. Lately, I've been missing my effortless scalp cut. But I promised myself that I would let me hair grow to help my girls be proud of our hair. They attend school w/ a lot of kids with straight hair, so sometimes dealing w/them and our hair can be a bit of a challenge.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 6th May 2010, 9:24 pm

I used to get frustrated as a early natural, trying to find the right products / homemade recipes that gave the best results. I also used to get frustrated about tangles and slow growth in my crown. Well all three of those issues have been RESOLVED (many years ago). Now a days, the only thing that irritates me is poo day. Because my hair is growing longer by the month, it takes far too long to do (pre-poo through airdry) but I love my length so I just deal with it!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 6th May 2010, 10:53 pm

When I first started transitioning I used to think about just quitting and relaxing my hair, but I stuck it out and I don't have those thoughts anymore. Now I get frustrated with my hair and all these freaking knots!!! I'm so tired of cutting knots out of my hair I don't know what to do. Even when my hair is twisted, i still find knots on the ends of my twists.....I just found and cut one out this morning. I've also been frustrated because my hair doesn't seem like its growing, but I'm working to resolve that problem by wearing my hair in protective styles. Hopefully, I'll conquer this knot problem too.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 6th May 2010, 11:04 pm

Yes, sometimes I feel frustration, but I'm in it for the long haul. Though I have looked in the mirror at my dry, boofy hair and thought, "What was I thinking?", especially since I can't even swoop it into a ponytail.

Now when I get there, I just wet it, rake some gel through and keep it pushing!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 6th May 2010, 11:14 pm

I get totally frustrated all the time. I just don't know what to do with it. I'm in between. It's not long enough to do anything with and its too long to do the TWA. I really don't consider going back to a relaxer. A wig maybe.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninamj 7th May 2010, 12:10 am

My frustration is the dryness,spending about three hours (that I could use on studying) to have an ok hair style for school but when I need to be running out the door I have to try and fix the rat's nest has been planted on my head, and did I mention the dryness.
However I am willing to work through this because I never took good care of my hair or even myself. I have to learn this now so I can take great care of my daughters hair.
Ninamj
Ninamj

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncurls 7th May 2010, 1:02 am

Neems wrote:LOL. I get frustrated when I plan for a hairstlye to last the whole week and by day 3 it looks like I stuck my hand in an electical socket. I also get frustrated when it gets dry and dull looking. Anyway, I just grab some side combs, bobby pins and tuck and roll everything under and throw on a skinny head band for good measure.

omg! Me too. This frustrates me more than anything else! Especially when I place a great deal of time into styling my hair in anticipation of it lasting the week and end up looking at hot mess a few days later
kinksncurls
kinksncurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Curlock Holmes 7th May 2010, 1:07 am

YES. I'm constantly frustrated by how dry my hair is, the split ends and SSKs, that its fine so twists are scalpy looking, and its grows too slow!
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 7th May 2010, 10:07 am

detangling....and how i can't just put in 5 or so twists on each side like everyone else...i have to put in 30-45 total and that is when my hair is in thick twists...my hair is in tiny two strand twists and it took me around a full 24 hours to put in...but hey, the good lord knew what he was doing making me this way
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Furlie 7th May 2010, 10:30 am

FURLIE = frustrated curlie.
Furlie
Furlie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th May 2010, 10:37 am

@Furlie: I love it! So creative
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BlakButterfli 7th May 2010, 10:46 am

Tia, I understand. I feel I am frustrated with my hair on a daily, but I'm trying to learn acceptance and use what I got to get the look I want. Smile
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by splitsun 7th May 2010, 11:19 am

Nothing. Sounds weird but it doesn't bother me. If it's not working out or too tangled...I wash it and let it air dry and leave it alone. It doesn't want to style properly I put a headband on.

Now that I know that my natural hair is nothing to be afraid of...I feel like I'm the lion tamer and whatever I say goes.
splitsun
splitsun

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next