CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frustrated

4 posters

Go down

Frustrated Empty Frustrated

Post by CarolinaCurls 10th August 2010, 10:52 pm

I am five months into my transition and completely at a lost. My roots are too fuzzy for the flex rod set. My twist outs are not turning out right. I don't want to keep flat ironing my hair into a straight style. HELP!
CarolinaCurls
CarolinaCurls

Back to top Go down

Frustrated Empty Re: Frustrated

Post by Ms.Fenty 10th August 2010, 11:12 pm

Maybe you need to give your roots some more moisture, or maybe a different moisturizer. In my opinion braid outs (cornrows, but others may disagree), blend the textures very well, also a setting product may be necessary (or a different one if you already use one). I like to use a light mousse, but some girls use gel or setting lotion. Maybe you just need to shift some of the products in your arsenal. For example, I recently had to change the type of mousse I use, and it took a few tries to get my shea whip just right. HTH
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 10th August 2010, 11:52 pm

perfect time for some braids if you ask me..I only transitioned for 3 months but getting braids made it soooo much easier..you would have to worry about blending your two texture

as long as you keep your braids moisturized and clean you will still have strong healthy growing hair
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 11th August 2010, 12:27 am

CarolinaCurls wrote:I am five months into my transition and completely at a lost. My roots are too fuzzy for the flex rod set. My twist outs are not turning out right. I don't want to keep flat ironing my hair into a straight style. HELP!

1. What products are you using? You may need a styling product with more moisture so that your roots will not be frizzy.
2. Please provide more detail re "your twist outs are not turning out right".
3. Have you tried Curlformers to style your hair? I have been transitioning since 9/09 and they are my go to styler when I am having a challenging hair day.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaCurls 11th August 2010, 1:22 am

Ms. Fenty and NaturallyEsq, I think both of you are right about the need for more moisture.

I just put a rinse in my hair on Saturday morning. I did deep condition with Lustrasilk olive oil mayonnaise after the rinse.

After applying my mixture of HH, shea butter, and coconut oil as a leave in, I am using Elasta QP Smooth as Silk Foam with my sets. JC's Nourish and Shine is used as I separate the curls. I should pay more attention to applying the products to my roots.

I normally re-roll my hair at night with some Ecostlyer gel and Nourish and Shine on damp hair. Again...poof due to not concentrating on the roots. Ladies, it's coming together.

I keep looking at Curlformers in Sally's..pick them up then put them down. The poofy roots have really deterred me, but I now have a clue as to what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by CarolinaCurls on 11th August 2010, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
CarolinaCurls
CarolinaCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 11th August 2010, 3:49 pm

1. Be sure to balance the protein and moisture in your products: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

2. Try twisting your hair a little at the roots, then roll your hair on the rollers with the twist intact. This will help de poof them.

3. IMO Curlformers are worth every penny. My hair dries faster when I use them and they can not be beat for blending the two textures and de poofing the roots.

4. Since you are using some heavy products, you might want to clairfy with an ACV rinse after the shampoo but before conditioner. This will help you avoid product build up.

5. My hair is 4a/b, fine and loves protein. I use Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as my leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I seal with Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie or EVCO or castor oil. I use the braid outs, curl outs or Curlformers to style.

6. I retwist or rebraid my hair at night and roll the relaxed ends on straws.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaCurls 11th August 2010, 10:51 pm

@RayRay19: I didn't forget about your post. I have never had braids, but thinking really hard about trying kinky twists.

@Naturally Esq: I am going to try the ACV rinse Friday night. Curlformers may be my end of week treat.

Thanks ladies for all of your advice. I am going to hang in there.
CarolinaCurls
CarolinaCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down