CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

deep conditioning

+7
Ms Hood
donnaj867
WhosThatRedHead
elleeccentric
Ebbz
krazy coils
gigihaitiancurly
11 posters

Go down

deep conditioning Empty deep conditioning

Post by gigihaitiancurly 18th July 2010, 4:51 am

Hey all you beautiful curlies out there!

I am in search of a deep conditioning treatment for my hair. Believe it or not I've been natural for one year and I've never had one (my last one was probably before i got a relaxer.. circa 10-12 years old)
Can you guys give me recipes of your best working deep conditioning treatment?
I'm a broke student so I need one that I can make with stuff from my thinly packed refrigerator and pantry, or things I can buy to put in my hair and eat at the same time! Sorry gals gotta feed my self and look fabulous at the same time and on the same budget Razz geek
lol!
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

deep conditioning Empty Re: deep conditioning

Post by krazy coils 18th July 2010, 8:37 am

I've used EVOO and Castor Oil as a deep conditioner. It can be messy with just oils but I had soft hair afterwards.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 18th July 2010, 9:59 am

Youtube would probably be a good place to get some recipes. Just search homemade deep conditioner. I've seen a few vids where they use mayo, honey, and an egg and add some oils to it.
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 18th July 2010, 3:01 pm

ORS olive oil replenishing pack is really good and the price is good too. It comes in a plastic pouch and costs less than 3. You dont really have to add anything to it, works great alone and has a very pleasant smell.

Aussie moist is a really good conditioner. I turn it into a dc by adding honey and olive oil. This stuff makes my hair soo soft.

I also discovered that melting down shea butter and adding it to a good thick conditioner like aussie moist or suave professionals almond and shea helps turn it into a good DC.

HTH
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 18th July 2010, 5:21 pm

elleeccentric wrote:ORS olive oil replenishing pack is really good and the price is good too. It comes in a plastic pouch and costs less than 3. You dont really have to add anything to it, works great alone and has a very pleasant smell.

Aussie moist is a really good conditioner. I turn it into a dc by adding honey and olive oil. This stuff makes my hair soo soft.

I also discovered that melting down shea butter and adding it to a good thick conditioner like aussie moist or suave professionals almond and shea helps turn it into a good DC.

HTH

I added shea butter to my Lustrasilk Cholesterol for a DC and loved it!
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 18th July 2010, 6:14 pm

wow great recipes guys!! I'm gonna have to try out these.
But I have a question... should I wash my hair before I do the DC??
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 18th July 2010, 6:20 pm

the last time I DC'd I didn't. But most of the time I do it after a cowash or shampoo.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 18th July 2010, 7:18 pm

I usally wash my hair before I DC.

to DC I've added honey to my conditioner

Yesterday I made a DC with conditioner, honey, vegetable glycerin, jojoba oil, vitamin e and ylang ylang EO. My hair seemed to enjoy it.

Ebbz is right. YT is awesome for finding natural DC receipes
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by donnaj867 18th July 2010, 11:06 pm

Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

donnaj867

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 18th July 2010, 11:09 pm

So dropping by just to say after following your advices, I youtubed and made my own DC treatment with 2 eggs, mayo, castor oil and honey.
Should I say messy, sticky and smelly!!! After an hour with that stuff in my hair dripping under my cap onto my neck and face I was so disgusted I had to wash it out and take a second shower AND wash my towels twice!! However the results were STUNNING!! i wish I had taken a picture from before and after DC. It's a whole world of difference!! My hair is now soooo soft and curls are popping everywhere! Since I became natural I've never seen so many curls on my head!! That's incredible.

Why didn't I DC before???

I need to find another recipe tho... this thing was smelllyyyyy. I'm still disgusted by thinking about it.
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 18th July 2010, 11:10 pm

donnaj867 wrote:Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Off course!! Welcome to this forum Smile
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 18th July 2010, 11:21 pm

Welllll, not to encourage thievery...But I went natural in college & what helped me not break the bank was condiment packets! Mayonnaise, honey, etc. You'd be surprised how mant deep conditioners you can get out of condiment packets from cafeteria's, fast food spots, & restaurants. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying...*Kanye shrug*
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 19th July 2010, 12:47 am

lmao at ms hood! that is too funny!...its not thievery if you purchase something from that establishment prior to grabbing a handfull of mayo and honey. lol! thanks for the tip =D
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 19th July 2010, 12:50 am

Ms Hood wrote:Welllll, not to encourage thievery...But I went natural in college & what helped me not break the bank was condiment packets! Mayonnaise, honey, etc. You'd be surprised how mant deep conditioners you can get out of condiment packets from cafeteria's, fast food spots, & restaurants. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying...*Kanye shrug*

elleeccentric wrote:lmao at ms hood! that is too funny!...its not thievery if you purchase something from that establishment prior to grabbing a handfull of mayo and honey. lol! thanks for the tip =D

That is HILARIOUS [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 19th July 2010, 12:54 am

Ms Hood wrote:Welllll, not to encourage thievery...But I went natural in college & what helped me not break the bank was condiment packets! Mayonnaise, honey, etc. You'd be surprised how mant deep conditioners you can get out of condiment packets from cafeteria's, fast food spots, & restaurants. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying...*Kanye shrug*

Hmmmmmm! I AM on a tight budget.....lol I usually throw those things away, but I think I might start keeping them for hard times.
Ebbz
Ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 19th July 2010, 12:57 am

hahaha that's so funny!! It's no thievery at all. They let them out there for the use of the masses right *wink wink*
I always grab a handfull of these things.. including mayo ketchup mustard relish spoons forks LOTS of napkins lool ( i only started buying paper towels just recently.. thanks to my beautiful engineering major i don't walk by the food court anymore)

But I'll surely keep this in mind because I think i used almost my entire mayo jar on this hair treatment. And I just bought it Sad
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 19th July 2010, 1:01 am

Hotels are the best. I use to get my teas for my hennas & rinses, honey, molasses, condensed milk, mayonaisse, etc. Let me stop before I have you guys thinking that's why I call myself 'Ms Hood'...
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by gigihaitiancurly 19th July 2010, 1:03 am

lmaoooooooooo I kinda was asking myself if i should relate the name to the comments.
J/k
Wink
gigihaitiancurly
gigihaitiancurly

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 19th July 2010, 1:05 am

gigihaitiancurly wrote:lmaoooooooooo I kinda was asking myself if i should relate the name to the comments.
J/k
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lol.... I was thinking the same thang..... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 19th July 2010, 1:10 am

Lol. I PROMISE it's really just my last name!! Laughing
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 19th July 2010, 1:28 am

lol at Ms Hood, welcome to the neighborhood.

Glad your DC worked Gigi!
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 19th July 2010, 2:34 am

@ms Hood, tooo funny!I really want to let out a howl right now but everyone is sleeping!
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 19th July 2010, 8:10 pm

I always do this when I run out of hair conditioner and can't afford another one just yet. Girl I'm a struggling college girl too.

I take a cheapy conditioner like Suave Vanilla sugar and squeeze some in a bowl (i think it's only like a dollar so i'm sure you can spare that). Then I add some coconut oil (olive/castor oil works the same if not better). I add in some whole milk (like a half cup) or nonfat yogurt. If you have honey you can add a little in.

If you use an egg make sure u do not use heat or hot water when washing! It will cook in your hair! Only use one egg if you do. I do not use mayo. it really stinks up your hair. Try yogurt or milk.

My whole cabinet gets stocked up with free napkins, forks, ketchup, mustard, etc etcccc

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 30th July 2010, 8:26 pm

donnaj867 wrote:Hello !

New people are always warmly welcomed! I know I was. These ladies are fab!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down