CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deep Conditioning

5 posters

Go down

Deep Conditioning Empty Deep Conditioning

Post by TMS 23rd March 2010, 1:42 pm

Please check out this article that I read on the blog The Natural Mane.

I'm curious as to what others think about deep conditioning. Does it help or are we "conditioned" to believe that it helps?

Here's the link to the article:

http://thenaturalmane.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/can-you-really-deep-condition-your-hair/
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Deep Conditioning Empty Re: Deep Conditioning

Post by Poundcake921 23rd March 2010, 1:54 pm

I say to each is own; I don't get caught up in the hype of what's good or bad for hair; as long as the products I use work for my hair...I'm happy...but the article is very informative... I do use EVOO as a pre-poo, use it when I deep condition AND I use it along with coconut oil in my leave-in conditioner/spray mix as well.....so basically I am on the right path....lol!
Poundcake921
Poundcake921

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 23rd March 2010, 2:16 pm

I totally agree. Everyone's hair and methods are different and if you are getting the desired results, then it's all good.

I thought the article was very informative as well. I'm a believer in the more you know, the better decisions you can make for yourself.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 18th May 2010, 12:15 am

I have been wondering about deep conditioning myself. Thanks for this article.
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 18th May 2010, 12:22 am

coilykinks wrote:I have been wondering about deep conditioning myself. Thanks for this article.

You're welcome.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by kim 18th May 2010, 6:43 am

I deep condition because it sets the conditioner with oils I use and facilitate easier detangling.
kim
kim

http://msdumfries.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 18th May 2010, 7:30 am

TMS

It is so interesting that you would post this article...I deep conditioner however, I use EVCO (which I apply to my hair first) then my conditioner. I would leave this on 1 to 2 hrs depending on the time of evening/night I start my regiment. However, Sunday I left my dc on 30 minutes and my hair felt the same as it does when I leave my dc on for hrs...LOL (I do use a heat cap)

Thanks for sharing.....this helps to know that I may not be getting any extra benefits by leaving the EVCO & Conditioner on for hrs!!!

Great article!!

KMH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 18th May 2010, 2:40 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:TMS

It is so interesting that you would post this article...I deep conditioner however, I use EVCO (which I apply to my hair first) then my conditioner. I would leave this on 1 to 2 hrs depending on the time of evening/night I start my regiment. However, Sunday I left my dc on 30 minutes and my hair felt the same as it does when I leave my dc on for hrs...LOL (I do use a heat cap)

Thanks for sharing.....this helps to know that I may not be getting any extra benefits by leaving the EVCO & Conditioner on for hrs!!!

Great article!!

KMH

KNH - You are most welcome.

I discovered the same thing! I've substituted the heat cap with the steamer. So far, I love the benefits of the steamer. I believe it's contributing to my retaining moisture.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down