CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denman Brush

+2
ChrsLvsBks
carfi366
6 posters

Go down

Denman Brush Empty Denman Brush

Post by carfi366 14th July 2010, 3:32 pm

I have heard a lot about a Denman brush for detangling. If you've used it what are your reviews?

Thanks

Last edited by carfi366 on 14th July 2010, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Denman Brush Empty Re: Denman Brush

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th July 2010, 5:33 pm

Love it! The key is to use it when detangling and not styling, IMO. If your hair snags alot, you can take out every other row to help with snagging. Make sure your hair is loaded with conditioner. I use my denman to help my curls clump when detangling and before rinsing with cold water. After that, I use my fingers or shower brush to distribute products to style.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 14th July 2010, 6:01 pm

I took out every other row and I love my Denman now. I don't lose nearly as much hair. As ChrsLvBks said, make sure your hair is LOADED with a conditioner that has lots of slip to make this process as easy as possible.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado-Gado Gal 21st July 2010, 5:12 am

I agree with ChrsLvsBks and jlowman1: a Denman works great for defining curls if you take out every other row (see this video for how to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf-mH5Mxuik).

I started out using it for detangling (after finding Teri's Tightly Curly site), but went back to detangling with a wide-toothed comb because there had been little to no hair loss while hair loss increased with the Denman - even after removing the rows. I use it now to define curls and smooth the hair on the top of my head when styling, such as when I'm putting my hair into buns and plaits/braids.

Also, I found the Denman to not provide as much give, so I bought a look-alike by Bass in the Professional Styling Collection. Much better and gentler on my hair! They also look less cheap with the wooden handle (I bought the one at the top with black bristles):
http://www.thehairdoccompany.com/products/professionalStylingBrush/
I found mine at a drug store (Long's, Rite Aid, CVS, etc.) for about $12, about twice as much as a cheaper Denman, but worth it.
Gado-Gado Gal
Gado-Gado Gal

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 21st July 2010, 3:19 pm

Thanks ladies your input has been very helpful in making a decision to purchase a denman brush. Now I have to determine whic one I need. HUMMMMM....any suggestions?
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by dyamonds10 21st July 2010, 3:27 pm

It is a staple for sure!!!!!!!!! WE WILL NEVER PART!!!!!!!!!!! I detangle with it and the shower comb by goody
dyamonds10
dyamonds10

http://www.simplylove-leigh.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 23rd July 2010, 2:29 pm

I love my Denman brush. I have the classic 9 row brush (D4 I think) that I bought over 10 years ago and it still works wonderfully. I do not remove any rows and it works fine for me that way.

I recently purchased the 9 row that has the pins farther apart (D41) and that works well too. I actually can't tell the difference between the two. I purchased the D41 online from Sally Beauty.

You can purchase the D3 (classic with 7 rows) from Sally stores. It's currently on sale for $7.99. I know lots of people have success with removing every other row from that one.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by carfi366 24th July 2010, 1:06 pm

I purchaed the D3 and trued it as is. It was too much for CurlyBop but worked fine removing every other row. Definitely my staple for detangling. Love it~!
carfi366
carfi366

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down