CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Types/Hair Care

2 posters

Go down

Hair Types/Hair Care Empty Hair Types/Hair Care

Post by Ms_ONaturral 13th July 2010, 12:21 pm

I did the BC about a week ago. My hair is very curly on my head with very few tightly coiled/curly spots. My hair gets really straight when I wash it. What type of hair pattern does that suggest?? When I wash my hair (I guess I have about 2-3 inches) it never gets tangled and I literally can just run my hands through it. Is this abnormal? Should I still us e a comb even though my hair doesn't really need it? Also I feel like my hair isn't as curly as it was a couple of days after my big chop. Is it possible that I messed up my curl pattern by washing it or something? Is that even possible to ruin your curl pattern by just the way you wash it? I followed the directions on how to co wash and I use non-silicone, non-sulfate products. My regimen now consists of HE Hello Hydration for cowash Organix Coconut Conditioner, Mizani hairdress w/o mineral oil or parabens for leave in and EVOO for sealing. I'm just really trying to take care of my hair and hair texture.

Ms_ONaturral

Back to top Go down

Hair Types/Hair Care Empty Re: Hair Types/Hair Care

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th July 2010, 4:37 pm

Your hair's pattern is likely curly/wavy (think of the shape of "S"). My hair doesn't tangle easily either. Once it is wet, I can usually use my fingers to get out any tangles I may have. I would suggest using a wide tooth comb to a comb with teeth slightly closer or a Denman brush when conditioning. This can help get rid of shed hairs. Your hair is not abnormal and you will not change your curl pattern by washing.

HEHH and OCC are cone free. HE HH has a cone, I believe it is water soluble. I remember reading the label on the Organix and there is at least one cone.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms_ONaturral 14th July 2010, 5:25 pm

Thanks!

Ms_ONaturral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content