CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Types

5 posters

Go down

Hair Types Empty Hair Types

Post by CurlySha 2nd June 2010, 11:42 am

Hey ladies,
Sorry if this has already been a topic, I didn't look through the many pages on here yet but I have been on Hair Idols all morning and everyone's hair looks sooo beautiful, I love looking at it! I wanted to know if people could post a pic (or two or three [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and also tell what hair type they are and any other info you might wanna give. After looking through so many people's pics, I only found about 2 or 3 people who actually said in their interview what their hair type was. I'm so excited to find out what my hair type will be and I just want to see the differences between all of them. I'm 2 months in but I straightened my hair (FOR THE LAST TIME FOR A WHILE I PROMISE) so I can't see what my pattern is just yet even though I have about an inch of new growth. And I've been told that it will probably be more than one type anyway, but I'm just sooooo anxious!
Thanks so much!
CurlySha
CurlySha

Back to top Go down

Hair Types Empty Re: Hair Types

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd June 2010, 1:43 pm

Since hair typing is quite subjective, many like to say the size of their curls and whether or not their hair is thick, thin or normal. My hair's curls range from large S shapes to pencil size coils. My hair strands are normal (thickness of a frayed piece of thread).

I love all things aloe vera (gel, juice, extract, etc), coconut (oil, extract, etc.), cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, BTMS (conditioning agent) and water.

Favorite product lines include Darcy's Botanticals, Curl Junkie, Karen's Body Beautiful, Koils by Nature and Afroveda.

Pictures can be seen on my Curl Street Journal and fotki. Both links are in my signature. I do not have access to the pictures at work.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 2nd June 2010, 1:49 pm

i agree with chrslvsbks hair typing can be subjective. I tend to not type my hair because my curls range in different coils all over my head, and sometimes typing can put you in a box that you dont necesarily put yourself in. Its great to know curlies who have similar hair types as you so that you all can relate to products and such, but dont be sooo caught up in a particular "type" that you may not figure out what works best for YOU....you can also check my fotki in my siggy Smile

HTH
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlySha 2nd June 2010, 1:56 pm

Great point ladies! Thanks so much and when I figure out how to get to them I will be sure to check out your fotki's [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlySha
CurlySha

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 2nd June 2010, 3:48 pm

Hey Sha!!!

Keep in mind too that you may not be able to "tell" your type until post BC... what your new growth looks like now isn't per say what it will be like once you BC! Also, and maybe this is just me, but the longer my hair grows my texture has been loosening.... but not that much.

Happy growing! How long do you want to transition?
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by summerbreeze76 2nd June 2010, 4:10 pm

What is Hair Idol?
summerbreeze76
summerbreeze76

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 2nd June 2010, 4:42 pm

summerbreeze76 wrote:What is Hair Idol?
Many like to look to others as inspiration. Those individuals are typically called a hair idol. HTH
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down