CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I have 3 different hair types....

+2
jessimae
BeautifulMe80
6 posters

Go down

I think I have 3 different hair types.... Empty I think I have 3 different hair types....

Post by BeautifulMe80 12th June 2010, 5:50 pm

Ok, does anyone else have more than one hair type (or curl pattern) on their head? On my sides it's more course and I have to work harder and use more product to style. In the top there are larger curls that form without any manipulation. Then there's the hair in the back....it's soft and curly and shiney and awesome!!! lol only problem is that it's in the back of my head [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I can manage my hair just fine but I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing going on.

Thanks ladies!!
BeautifulMe80
BeautifulMe80

Back to top Go down

I think I have 3 different hair types.... Empty Re: I think I have 3 different hair types....

Post by jessimae 13th June 2010, 7:38 pm

you are not alone!! lol

i have larger curls (3c?) in the crown that dont hold twists well

(4a)coils in the back and sides that hold anystyle

and (4b) kinks along my edges that are very fragile
jessimae
jessimae

https://www.youtube.com/user/jesssimae

Back to top Go down

I think I have 3 different hair types.... Empty Re: I think I have 3 different hair types....

Post by krazy coils 13th June 2010, 9:53 pm

Hey BeautifulMe80,

I think a lot of naturals have more than one texture on their head. I have about three different textures myself [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th June 2010, 10:53 pm

The way you described your hair, it sounds just like mine....course on the sides, looser in the top, and soft, fine curls in the back
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulMe80 13th June 2010, 10:58 pm

Well this is great to know I'm not the only one with "multiple personality hair" LOL All of you have beautiful hair by the way. What made you decide to go natural? My hair was extremely damaged from yrs of weave and neglect. This was the best choice I've ever made for my hair.
BeautifulMe80
BeautifulMe80

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th June 2010, 11:28 pm

I went natural because I had been relaxing my hair since the age of twelve and was tired of spending a lot of money and time in salons.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th June 2010, 11:53 pm

I went natural because of post partum shedding
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by jessimae 14th June 2010, 1:14 am

i went natural for a dramatic change lol, i wanted something new for college and it was either going to be my first sew in or going natural lol i think i chose right Smile
...and breakage
jessimae
jessimae

https://www.youtube.com/user/jesssimae

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulMe80 14th June 2010, 10:04 am

I can honestly say that going natural was definately a drastic change for me. I wont say I was treated different but everyone just wondered why I did it. They couldn't understand why I would give up the "creamy crack" Most women I know say "oh no I can't be nautral" I look at them and say why not? Nautral black hair is curly and coily and free and just amazing. Sure I was nervous because I hadn't seen my natural hair since I was around 12 yrs old so I didn't know what was going to grow out of my scalp LOL But I'm happy now with my hair because it's MY hair, not altered relaxed hair or weave tracks that people thought was mine. Although I did it becasue my permed hair was damaged, it became a spritual journey too. I feel like I discovered a whole new part of me like some type of extra strength LOL. Anyway enough of my raving!! Talk to you guys soon [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
BeautifulMe80
BeautifulMe80

Back to top Go down

Post by whereswentz! 15th June 2010, 8:42 pm

I have more than one hair type, too. The front and crown is 3b and the sides and back are 3c, so when my hair dries after I wash it,it never looks uniform. The 3b part always looks longer, so I wear a lot of buns and braids [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

whereswentz!

Back to top Go down

Post by adamseve 24th June 2010, 12:41 am

WOW...I think I have 3 textures as well. The sides are 3 c, the crown is more wavy than curly to the point of making me wonder if I still have relaxed ends, and the back is 3c but not quite 4a. The twists or plaits on the crown always, always unravel and I hate rubber bands. Everywhere else the curls hold things together.

I went natural because my hair was thinning and I had no clue why! I got tired of leaving my hair's health in the stylist's hands when they couldn't even tell me why or treat my hair to prevent the thinning. I took control, stopped the thinning, & my hair has never been healthier!

Love, love my hair after not seeing it for 27 years! Won't ever go back to the "creamy crack" and I honestly don't think I want to see it straightened anymore. I like my hair just the way God intended Smile
adamseve
adamseve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down