CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swimming Hair Care

4 posters

Go down

Swimming Hair Care Empty Swimming Hair Care

Post by Stacye 11th July 2010, 11:44 pm

Does anyone have any tips or products to use while swimming. i have been taking swimming lessons twice a week and my hair is dry and crunchy. I was putting a conditioner on my hair b/f swimming but my hair is just not the way it use to be.

Any advice will be helpful!

Thanks!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Swimming Hair Care Empty Re: Swimming Hair Care

Post by vovowiththafro 11th July 2010, 11:59 pm

Some curlies who swim often apply conditioner after as well and wash and deep condition their hair.
vovowiththafro
vovowiththafro

Back to top Go down

Post by Meniko 13th July 2010, 1:11 am

I swim at least once a week and I wet my hair before I swim and put on my cap just because I don't like to swim with it out. It still gets wet. When I get out, I rinse my hair with water, then poo with a moisturizing poo (sulfate free--my favs: KBB Juicy Poo Bar, Blended Beauty Soy Cream Poo), then deep condition with oil and conditioner with a heat therapy wrap for at least 30 min. Then I rinse and style! I think if you wait too long after you get out the pool, your hair will feel crunchy/hard and dry. I find this regimen works to keep my hair moisturized. I only poo once a week only because I swim once a week--if needed I do co-washes in btwn swimming only because I am usually working out 4 other days of the week and have to rinse/co wash to get the sweat out of my hair.

Hope this helps!
Meniko
Meniko

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacye 13th July 2010, 11:18 pm

thanks yall!
Stacye
Stacye

Back to top Go down

Post by lil' lulu 15th July 2010, 1:52 pm

I go swimming 3x's a week. I put shea butter on my hair before entering the pool. Once out I do a co-wash. I like to leave a DC in my hair until I get home (since I swim in the evening), then rinse and style.

lil' lulu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down