CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

+73
DvaAuNaturel
Nikcoils
newcurlieque
TheRYL1
NhappyJackie
CrissyQ
jcanalena79
Shauny
Cherry: extraordinary!
blondie
cutephantasm
curlyboricua
Tamren
StephanieB
bholmes87
Curlz of Luv
mverde3
neethair
MahoganyCurls
SisterBoyd
Leila
KinkyNappyHappy
FemmeFox
Juices-n-Berries
Mz. Thang
Corygentri
Curly Film Chick
Zumbalicious
adiaha
Pinkrage
vmichelle
traveljunkie08
cococurly
Miss CurlyT
CocaColaCutie
Freestyles
Lynnieluve
Preezie
BlakButterfli
.:Eden:.
Kea::curls
tiashaunteé
lena73
lovesunshine17
Napstrong
sweetdrk1
ColdDiva
Intelligentbeauty
d.denise
TerraD
CocoEuro
BlondeByDesire
dajewel
Winnielours
SheeTacular
truet
LilMsPuddles
beautifuleyez
miznissi
HumanNature
AfrikanLatina
NubieNatty
A85
Free2009
Courtie
Serenity23
rebelrocks
Blackbeauty
curly+kinky+fierce
jamaicacurl
nmoultry
crvng4mr
ChrsLvsBks
77 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by jcanalena79 11th April 2010, 12:27 am

Beautiful vacay pics!! Thanks for sharing Smile!
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Empty Re: ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43

Post by Juices-n-Berries 11th April 2010, 1:05 am

Gorgeous vacation pics. The first one is my fave. And I LOVE clear blue water. Simply breathtaking.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Empty Alicia Keys Inspired Hairstyle

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th April 2010, 2:39 am

jcanalena79 wrote:Beautiful vacay pics!! Thanks for sharing Smile!
Thanks!
Juices-n-Berries wrote:Gorgeous vacation pics. The first one is my fave. And I LOVE clear blue water. Simply breathtaking.
Thanks! I love the water. Yes, the water was so clear. It was as if I was in a bathtub ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_biggrin .

I tried the look in Alicia Key's Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart video. It was okay for a first try. I definitely know what I will do differently next time. You can check it out here.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 11th April 2010, 3:06 am

Your vacay pics are gorgeous!!! That water is crazy beautiful and you look like you had an awesome time Smile

Loved your hair during the cruise too!
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 11th April 2010, 5:30 pm

Loved that roller set!!!! and ooh man! I'm over due for vacation!!! Looks like a blast!!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by neethair 11th April 2010, 10:41 pm

Chrs-

OMG your hair is SICK and you are looking great. Vacay pics are making me a lil jealous ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_rolleyes ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_biggrin. I have one coming soon.
neethair
neethair

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 12th April 2010, 9:40 am

Wow, love the vacay pics Chrs, you are working it ...
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 12th April 2010, 10:32 am

Thanks ladies!

My hair is acting up. The top grows crazy fast and the sides grow crazy slow. I may have to give up WnGs for a while and do twists and braids then let them out until I get the courage to cut/trim again. Hair is looking uneven. To make matters worse, I think I need to up the amount of products I use. My regular amount of leave in and styling products are not giving me the same results.

Plan this week is to twist in medium twists. I may try bholmes technique of going from medium to small to smaller twists.

Make it a great week my curly divas ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_biggrin !
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 12th April 2010, 10:50 am

nice vacay pics!! im so jelly....**frolicking in potomac river** ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_mad
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 12th April 2010, 11:36 am

OMG the pics are gorgeous!!! I need to get on somebodies plane to anywhere!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 12th April 2010, 11:53 am

First off, I am jealous of that 2 piece in the beach!!!!! Can I get one!!!!
Second, those are some beautiful pics.....thanks for sharing.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by FemmeFox 12th April 2010, 2:44 pm

Welcome back Chrs!

Glad that you had such a wonderful time. Your hair looked lovely and low maintence, which is just how vacay hair should be! The pictures are beautiful. The West is beautiful but we don't have anything like that, there is just something magical about the islands!
FemmeFox
FemmeFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 12th April 2010, 3:58 pm

Lovely vacation pics. I need a getaway so bad! I can't wait until these furloughs are over with. then i can work on a decent family vacay. I love low maitenance vacation hair. Reminds me of my honeymoon in Hawii 6 years ago.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 12th April 2010, 4:51 pm

Thanks for sharing those vacay photos! You look gorgeous! Now I see how you got all tanned and delish!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th April 2010, 9:21 pm

you look great!!! love the new avi!!! ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by jcanalena79 12th April 2010, 11:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Thanks ladies!

My hair is acting up. The top grows crazy fast and the sides grow crazy slow. I may have to give up WnGs for a while and do twists and braids then let them out until I get the courage to cut/trim again. Hair is looking uneven. To make matters worse, I think I need to up the amount of products I use. My regular amount of leave in and styling products are not giving me the same results.

Plan this week is to twist in medium twists. I may try bholmes technique of going from medium to small to smaller twists.

Make it a great week my curly divas ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_biggrin !

Have a great week as well, Chrs!! I know what you mean about the unevenness. Mine is still not ideally where I'd like, but I ended up at that salon b/c of exactly what you're talking about. I just got fed up ... but that was largely b/c I mainly did WnGs. At least now I can live with it. When I get some more length, I may shape it up a bit more ...
jcanalena79
jcanalena79

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 13th April 2010, 9:06 am

Morning Chrs

Your vacation pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing!!! WOW...I need to get away!!

Love your avatar that is a beautiful pictures...the water and hair!!! smile

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th April 2010, 9:12 am

Morning Chrs,

Love the new avatar pic ... great vacay pics too!
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Empty Hair is Acting Right Again :-)

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th April 2010, 7:48 pm

Ladies, glad you enjoyed the pictures! I love vacationing when it is cold in the Northeast.

This weekend, I took the time to update my fotki.

So as I said yesterday, my hair is misbehaving. After spinning class, I did the following.

1. Applied castor oil to scalp from forehead to nape then from ear to ear to ensure good coverage.
  2. Massaged oil in for a few minutes starting at the back then working my way forward in a slow motion then again a little faster.

3. Applied two handfuls of EVOO to each half of my soaking wet hair.
  4. Cleansed scalp and hair with shikakai soap in four sections.
  5. Rinsed each section separately and applied Joico K-Pack Moisture Intense Hydrator (an egg size to each section) and a teaspoon of Manuka honey. Honey was microwaved for a few seconds before I started process so it was beginning to solidify.

6. Rinsed in warm water then rinsed in cold fenugreek tea (mix is four tea bags to two cups of water).
  7. Applied about two quarter sizes of KBB's hair cream (coco mango scent ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Icon_lol ) to each soaking wet section. I applied more to my drier areas (above my ears). NOTE: The cream is hard to emulsify when hands are wet.
  8. Followed with Afroveda's Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter. I put in more than I think my hair needed--about a half handful to four section.
  9. Braided hair in two Pocohantas braids.
  10. Covered with satin bonnet when I went to sleep.
This morning, my hair was still pretty damp. I undid braids and styled hair to cover part.

These are pictures from Sunday (taken with BB).ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Sunday13ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Sunday16[/url]ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Sunday15

Here are pictures today (again sorry for BB photo quality).ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Tuesda12ChrsLvsBks - Comparison Pictures - Page 43 - Page 38 Tuesda13
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 13th April 2010, 8:04 pm

Chrs you are just too damn adorable lol!
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 14th April 2010, 10:23 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:Chrs you are just too damn adorable lol!

Ditto! So pretty!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 14th April 2010, 10:37 am

I just love those pics and BB did a good job capturing them
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicacurl 14th April 2010, 12:43 pm

Wow hot mama! Look at you! You and your hair are absolutely gorgeous! And I see you lost even more weight!?
jamaicacurl
jamaicacurl

http://www.MishMashbyMarsha.artfire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 14th April 2010, 12:49 pm

Wow Chrs if that's misbehaving then I don't want my hair to act right! lol!
Your hair looks awesome!!!! And I hope you do some twists Smile
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th April 2010, 1:29 pm

tiashauntee wrote:

Ditto! So pretty!
@AfrikanLatina & tiashauntee, thanks for the compliments!

NhappyJackie wrote:I just love those pics and BB did a good job capturing them
I am glad the BB did good. I prefer my digital camera. I need to learn how to use it properly.

jamaicacurl wrote:Wow hot mama! Look at you! You and your hair are absolutely gorgeous! And I see you lost even more weight!?
Thanks jc! I have lost a total of 12 pounds since joining SparkPeople (January 27) and 14 pounds since January 11. I cannot wait to find out how many inches I have lost. I definitely saw a difference today in my arms and thighs dance .

bholmes87 wrote:Wow Chrs if that's misbehaving then I don't want my hair to act right! lol!
Your hair looks awesome!!!! And I hope you do some twists Smile
lol! Thanks bholmes87! My plan is to do twists this weekend. We shall see.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next