CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pls help, my hair is extremely dry!

5 posters

Go down

Pls help, my hair is extremely dry! Empty Pls help, my hair is extremely dry!

Post by hvnlyeyes 8th June 2010, 7:09 pm

Over the past week, my hair has changed curl pattern and is extremely dry. I did my "bc" back in April and have about 1" of hair all around. Before last week, my hair was retaining moisture, curly and had a nice sheen. Now, it is extremely dry, fuzzy, and dull looking. I've tried hot oil treaments, leave in conditioners overnight, and every other thing I could think of. I use extra virgin coconut oil, etra virgin olive oil, unrefined shea butter, organic aloe vera gel. I don't know what else to do. I don't know how my hair could change from one day to the next. Pls suggestions!!!

hvnlyeyes

Back to top Go down

Pls help, my hair is extremely dry! Empty Re: Pls help, my hair is extremely dry!

Post by HappyCurly 8th June 2010, 7:45 pm

in the last two weeks, I felt like my hair changed to, to being almost like lots of peices of wood. i'm still transitioning; just the natural part was hard. i cut out a lot of stuff (in my regimen) this week. hopefully it's better.

i washed and conditioned, but i didn't seal with oil or anything. my hair feels naked. and today and yesterday: no candy or ice cream, and more fruit. and i drank more water.

i haven't yet taken hair out of up do for today, but from what i can feel, it is softer like it used to be. can't wait to take it down tonight and see if it's happy. then it's back up for tomorrow.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Pls help, my hair is extremely dry! Empty Re: Pls help, my hair is extremely dry!

Post by DreamMerchant 8th June 2010, 10:59 pm

See, I am in the same boat with you ladies. Maybe it is the heat.
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 8th June 2010, 11:09 pm

Try DT with a condi WITHOUT protein in it. It worked for me.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 8th June 2010, 11:53 pm

Do you think that you could have product buildup? Have you tried an ACV clarifying rinse?
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by hvnlyeyes 9th June 2010, 12:14 am

I think that I'm going to cut out all products with protein. i've been doing overnight deep conditioning to try to restore some moisture. I am going to have to look through my products to see what conditioners and stylers have protein and do away with them. thks for the suggestions. getting some apple cider vinegar tomorrow.

hvnlyeyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down