CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extremely dry ends

+5
Naturalin2010
JessiWantsCurls
MissyCee
Lynnieluve
bklynmama1
9 posters

Go down

Extremely dry ends Empty Extremely dry ends

Post by bklynmama1 29th December 2010, 9:25 pm

I banded my hair to stretch for the 1st time and my ends are pretty hard, rough and dry. This is not something I notice when my hair is in it's curly state. I could use a trim but it isn't THAT bad. Normally I would prepoo with EVOO and shea moisture deep treatment masque under a heat cap, then cowash with AOHSR/HEHH (or use organix shea butter shampoo then detangle with HEHH), then two strand twist with shea butter. Yesterday I did the prepoo, did the organiz shampoo/HEHH to detangle, then tried Carol's Daughter tui leave in conditioner, Lisa's hair elixer (both new to me) and the mimosa hair honey (always use), then banded. Any thoughts on this? Is it the needed trim, the new Carol's Daughter stuff, does my hair need something when stretched that it seemingly doesn't need when curly, twisted, twist out? Thanks for any input!
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Extremely dry ends Empty Re: Extremely dry ends

Post by bklynmama1 29th December 2010, 9:34 pm

oh and these ends are EXTREMELY tangly, very hard to come through and tangle right back after I have combed through
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2010, 9:38 pm

It sounds like you are due for a trim. ::talking to myself too::
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 29th December 2010, 9:53 pm

Ok I confess, haven't had a trim since my BC 1 year ago. I was going by looks and when curly mine seemed fine. I guess they really aren't. I been putting it off because I'm not sure how to go about it...if I go to a salon I'm scared they'll chop too much but I don't think I can do it myself Neutral
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 29th December 2010, 10:00 pm

Might be thenew products. You said you used shea to seal the ends before. Maybe when you try again put the shea on and see what happens.
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by bklynmama1 29th December 2010, 10:06 pm

I only deviated from the shea butter because I ran out. Is there a good online retailer for shea butter? I know I can grab it from several places in Brooklyn but life with a 2 year old means less errands, more online shopping!
bklynmama1
bklynmama1

Back to top Go down

Post by JessiWantsCurls 29th December 2010, 10:06 pm

From my experience with Carol's Daughter products, it could be the new product. That stuff leaves me pretty crunchy. Try banding using your original regimen for a fair comparison.
JessiWantsCurls
JessiWantsCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 29th December 2010, 10:09 pm

The easiest way to trim yourself is to trim while your hair is in two strand twist. The technique I used, I got from blackonyx77. She blow dries her hair, then trim the ends.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 30th December 2010, 12:15 am

[quote="Lynnieluve"]The easiest way to trim yourself is to trim while your hair is in two strand twist. The technique I used, I got from blackonyx77. She blow dries her hair, then trim the ends.[/quote

Hi Lynnieluve! I'm curious to see how this is done. I'm in need of a trim and am trying to decide how to do it. So, once the hair is dry from the 2 strand twist, that's when you would trim? Did she use the blow dryer to dry the twists? If you have a link to her youtube for this, that would be great. I'm going to try to search her channel. Thanks!
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th December 2010, 12:32 am

The technique BlackOnyx77 is by blow drying and trimming...