CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used

+7
Niqui36
Free2Be
justicenga
Renny
DvaAuNaturel
LoveleeMama
summabrown
11 posters

Go down

Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used Empty Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used

Post by summabrown 26th June 2010, 5:43 pm

I've noticed while reading on many different forums that alot of people are using hair and body products and posting they didn't like them and took them back to the store. Well everybody has an opinion right? so I thought I would post mine and please do post yours cuz i want to know how everyone feels about this. Maybe it's just me but I don't think you should be allowed to take hair and body products back the store after they have been used. I don't think its right and im hoping when this happens they aren't putting them back on the shelves, for someone else to end up purchasing used hair and body products. only if it says 100% satisfied or your money back in my opinion is when it should be allowed and we know they won't be putting that back on the shelves. I mean correct me if i'm wrong please state how you all feel about this.
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used Empty Re: Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used

Post by LoveleeMama 26th June 2010, 7:57 pm

I feel you but I use to work for a major drug store chain and almost all items that I had as returns were sent back to the company as damaged. The stores dont lose money because they can do this and they guarantee that you keep shopping there. Its all a part of customer satisfaction.
LoveleeMama
LoveleeMama

Back to top Go down

Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used Empty Re: Taking hair and body products back to the Store after they have been used

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th June 2010, 8:00 pm

If a product doesn't work or has ingredients that didn't react well with my hair why would I keep it if I can return it. I've return both opened and unopened items to Target. There were silicones in one that I didn't realize at first and then the other product (I don't recall what it was) I didn't like it for my hair.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by summabrown 26th June 2010, 8:25 pm

@LoveleeMama: Ok thanks for the info because i was under the impression that they would prolly be putting these items back on the shelf

@DvaAuNaturel: I totally understand your point since the post form LoveleeMama so i guess i will be jumping on the bandwagon whenever i buy something that doesn't work for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
summabrown
summabrown

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 26th June 2010, 10:30 pm

summabrown wrote:@LoveleeMama: Ok thanks for the info because i was under the impression that they would prolly be putting these items back on the shelf

@DvaAuNaturel: I totally understand your point since the post form LoveleeMama so i guess i will be jumping on the bandwagon whenever i buy something that doesn't work for me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I try to look up products now and the ingredients before I purchase or after I purchase (and before using) so I will know for sure and not have to return.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 26th June 2010, 11:53 pm

Major chains return it to the manufacturer as damaged. They write it off as loss, but in the end we all pay for it in the form of higher prices.
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by justicenga 27th June 2010, 12:44 am

If you buy a shirt and it doesn't fit right or it shrinks in the wash, you take it back. Same holds true for hair products. Like others have said they go back as damaged just like an article of clothing. I'll return ANYTHING if I'm not satified. I work way too hard for my money. If the pants don't look right after they have been worn and washed, they're going back. If the makeup doesn't look the same under my lighting, it's going back. If the watermelon isn't sweet enough, it's going back. I'm just saying...
justicenga
justicenga

Back to top Go down

Post by Free2Be 27th June 2010, 3:21 am

I have a hard time returning anything because I just always feel guilty. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I don't know why, but I just do. That said, I would never return a personal product such as a hair product, bath soap, gel, lotion, etc. after opening it. I just wouldn't. If it doesn't work or if I have an allergic reaction to it I just know not to buy it again. I might give it to someone else or throw it away, but I could never bring myself to actually return it. I feel it's up to me to read the labels carefully before purchasing anything like a personal hair or body product.

I always check up on products online first before I purchase them in the store. I don't think I've ever just purchased something for my hair spur of the moment without knowing what's in it first and reading several reviews on it.

BUT, to each his own. My choices certainly can't dictate what others choose to do.
Free2Be
Free2Be

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 27th June 2010, 9:05 am

I used to work at a store so I agree with those who said the items will go back as damaged. So YES I will definately return it. If its the stores policy that I can, why wouldn't I? I recently purchased some Miss Jessie's that cost me $50. It did not agree with my hair so I returned it. I don't have it like that where I can just give away $50! Now if it was something like soap or lotion that might have cost all of $5 then I wouldn't return that, I would just give that to someone.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th June 2010, 9:53 am

I am the return Queen, that's what my girlfriend calls me. I'm with JusticeinGa, I've returned worn clothes that didn't wash right, books I started that were poorly written, and food to the supermarket even, but I have never even thought about returning a hair or body product. I always read reviews before hand, but still if I'm unhappy I give it away, usually to my sister or girlfriend, but Niqui - If I try Miss Jessie's and it's no good for me, I am taking that back. I'm glad I read this thread. Because now some of that makeup that doesn't look right will be returned to. LOL.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by lena73 27th June 2010, 10:18 am

yes, i am good for returning stuff now.
at first i had a guilty concension (sp) but after working in a high end supermarket and seeing the people returning the simplest items.
why not me return something.
aint like im returning worn panties. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

btw - my sister worked at bed, bath and beyond she said people have return bedsheets, pillows a year later. and they get their store credit.
i didnt believe her at first but i asked a worker there and he said they sure do.
so i would pay a little extra, for the fact i could return it if it doesnt live up to standards [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lena73
lena73

http://public.fotki.com/Sharita73/

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th June 2010, 10:48 am

Lena,

I used to work at TJMaxx a million years ago and we had someone return a worn bathing suit. She bought it in wet!!! So I've been on the returning clothes stick for a long time. Don't be guilty. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 27th June 2010, 11:34 am

Renny,

I worked at Lane Bryant in college and a woman brought back a worn pantsuit that was COVERED in cat hair. She said she didn't like the color. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 27th June 2010, 11:52 am

Cycling,

People do some nasty things. She was wrong for that smelly cat hair.

I have another story. I remember when I worked at Steinbacks a woman returned a winter coat (in the summer). It had clearly been worn all winter and it was dirty. We gave her her money back. I do NOT miss my retail days.
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by Mz. Thang 27th June 2010, 7:16 pm

Do you need a receipt?
Mz. Thang
Mz. Thang

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 27th June 2010, 8:42 pm

Okay I see I've been missing out. The only place I regularly returned things was Nordstrom and I tried to avoid that. I order a lot of stuff from their site so when I get it if it's ill fitted or something I'd return it. Also, I've had shoes from there give me issues months later and they'd gladly replace them. But I see I've been missing out. With other stores I didn'tvthink I had an option to return things after the fact, especially after being worn.

@Summa - I was in Target today and thought of you and this post when reading the return policy. Items are supposed to be unused and unopened but I guess they're flexible and use discretion.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by curlybarbi48 28th June 2010, 12:12 am

I've never returned any hair products. I do return clothes or other items that I'm not satisfied with, but never hair products. I have a ton of products sitting under my sink that I don't like. Maybe next time I'll return them. I don't know... It just doesn't seem right.
curlybarbi48
curlybarbi48

Location : I'm from Columbia, SC, but currently reside in Bartlett, TN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down