CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRUG STORE OR BSS PRODUCTS

+2
Muz
happy2bcurly
6 posters

Go down

DRUG STORE OR BSS  PRODUCTS Empty DRUG STORE OR BSS PRODUCTS

Post by happy2bcurly 3rd May 2010, 9:43 pm

Hi ladies,
I was wondering if any one knows of any products that can be found in drug stores, beauty supply stores, or walmart.that will define twists and add moisture. While reading the threads I notice a lot of you use things that are ordered on line and a little pricey. I have to stick with the cheaper things so any ideas would be great. My hair is a 4 something. I thought that I was a 4c but recently someone told my I looked like a 4b so now I'm confused. All I know is that I can't find anything to give me shine and definition. My hair has never had much shine but almost everything I put on it makes it brittle. I've been at this for a year now and I still don't know what I 'm doing. I've been working on doing twists so I can leave it alone for a while but after two or three days my hair gets frizzy looking in the top where my hair is a little thinner and softer. And when i take my bonnet off in the morning the twists are all crazy looking. I just don't know what to do any more. I need help from you pro's.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

DRUG STORE OR BSS  PRODUCTS Empty Re: DRUG STORE OR BSS PRODUCTS

Post by Muz 3rd May 2010, 9:47 pm

You can usually find raw shea butter at BSSs and then make your own mix at home Smile I just did one that's Shea Butter, Castor Oil, EVOO, and a little Essential peppermint oil. I already had all of that stuff, so it was only a matter of mixing it together. My hair is still totally moisturized even though I did it on Friday (and didn't really put anything else on my hair) and I cheated and took out one of my twists (I'm in the twist challenge) and the unraveled twist had LOTS of definition, it made me want to take down my whole head. LOL

If you DO use the shea butter, don't use too much.

Another thing I like that you can find at Drug and BS stores is Organic Root Stimulator Twist n Lock Gel, it's under $5 with tax and it's great!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 4th May 2010, 10:22 am

Hi Muz, Thanks for responding so quick. I've tried both. My shea butter mixture is simular to yours.the only difference is I use a little
bit of blue magic coconut oil hair conditioner instead of pepermint oil. I don't use it very often because it makes my hair so greasy. I think the blue magic was a mistake because it is greasy and probably does'nt have much coconut oil in it. maybe I use to much and I've heard that it's best to use it on wet hair. Is this true? well I've tried that too. I didn't notice any difference I also have used the ORS twist and lock gel was ok but left white stuff in my hair. I used it every night. was that a mistake? I don't think that my hair is going to shine much any way but I don't want it to look dry. Do you use anything with the ORS ?. I always use some kind of moisturizer on my hair. I've also tried several of those. As you can tell I'm a bit of a product junkie. I keep thinking that one day I'll find the right thing but after a year I'm still looking.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 4th May 2010, 10:28 am

Take out the Blue Magic, and don't use too much. It shouldn't make your hair greasy at all. You may be a little too heavy handed with your products. When I used my Shea Butter mix, I used about a fingertip full for each twist and I have pretty big twists in right now, so you don't need to use much. And make sure it melts in your hands all the way. I did use my shea butter mix on wet hair, it wasn't DRIPPING wet, but it hadn't been air dried yet.

When I used the ORS, I used it ONCE, right when I was twisting the first time, after that you don't need to keep using it. Usually before the ORS I'd use this method to seal moisture in first, and I'd let my hair get mostly dry before twisting (air drying).
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by snappynappy 4th May 2010, 11:23 am

Most of my products are from the drugstore and they work just as good if not better than expensive products.
snappynappy
snappynappy

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 4th May 2010, 11:46 am

Sweet almond oil is good for shine and you can find that locally - possibly a grocery store.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 4th May 2010, 12:14 pm

Everyone talks about Eco Styler for defintion and I am sure you can find that locally and it is affordable!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 4th May 2010, 1:09 pm

Walmart also sells aloe vera gel--I love that stuff...
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by happy2bcurly 5th May 2010, 5:19 pm

CURLIECUTES1121, How do you use the aloe vera gel and what brand do you use?

SWEETDRK1, I have used the Eco gel with olive oil. It did very good but after about a week or so my hair dried out and just went crazy. I think it must have protein in it or something. My hair is just begining to recover from it.But i did like it.

TIASHAUNTEE,I'll have to try the sweet almond oil. i have seen it in the stores.
Thanks to all of you ladies for your suggestions.
happy2bcurly
happy2bcurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down