CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just Developed a new transitioners fear...

+2
nmoultry
ashleystyle
6 posters

Go down

I just Developed a new transitioners fear... Empty I just Developed a new transitioners fear...

Post by ashleystyle 13th November 2009, 12:52 pm

Okay so im new here HEY! lol anyway i've been transitioning for 4 months [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and it's wasn't until this week that i realized that everybody can't do wash and go's. Okay so i have always been like i don't know how long i want to transition and i don't care what hair texture i have... until i found out that if you have 4b or 4c you can't do wash n go's! IS THIS TRUE?!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

im sorry but i really need to be able to do a wash n go. for me to HAVE to twist, braid, or manipulate my hair every other day is alot. im not accustom to spending alot of time on my hair.it hasn't deterred me from my goal of going natural but it definitely has made me want to transition longer.
ashleystyle
ashleystyle

http://www.lyfenstyle.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I just Developed a new transitioners fear... Empty Re: I just Developed a new transitioners fear...

Post by nmoultry 13th November 2009, 12:58 pm

Hi Ashley,

Welcome! I'm not a hairstylist nor am I an expert in the world of haircare. I think anyone can do a wasg n go with their hair. I think the isuue you're having is that you have permed ends and that is going to take a little more work than a full head of natural hair.

When I was transitioning I did have to have patience and I did spend a lot of time of my hair because those permed ends are delicate and you must handle them with care. I hope this helps with your journey. Visit the other thread in the forum and you will find a TON of information to get you through the transitioning phase.

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

I just Developed a new transitioners fear... Empty Re: I just Developed a new transitioners fear...

Post by ashleystyle 13th November 2009, 1:29 pm

hey thanks for the reply nmoultry. Im certainly not doing any wash and gos right now im bantu knots to death, but this is something im learning from watching peoples youtube channels.
ashleystyle
ashleystyle

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsrenaissance 13th November 2009, 1:54 pm

I'm new to this & def not an expert, but I *think* anyone can do a wash & go, you just have to know which products work for you.

I also can't spend alot of time on my hair...I just don't have it. I always shampooed once a wk & it took me an avg of 2 hrs including dry time. That's still my routine. Now it takes me longer to detangle, but it hasn't been too bad (with the right conditioner).
mrsrenaissance
mrsrenaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 2:02 pm

nah, you can do wash n go's. i did with the help of KCCC over the summer,and i looked hot (IMO). i will post a pic of me out and out about with a friend as soon as i get the pic.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 13th November 2009, 2:19 pm

In my opinion, I think there's a bit of a misconception that a wash n go is an easy, breezy style...that you literally just wash and go. Maybe it works that way for those with a looser curl pattern, but it's still a time investment for those with tighter curls (unless your hair is really short).

I did a wash n go earlier this week, and I spent more time doing that style than I have twisting my hair (I do 10-12 twists). And it only lasted two days, so I had to re-style my hair yesterday. Twisting can last all week (re-twisting every evening). It's also my understanding that for some, wearing a wash n go all the time causes more knots, etc., making it difficult to retain length.

Just my thoughts.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleystyle 13th November 2009, 2:38 pm

great responses i feel a little better know. geez.
ashleystyle
ashleystyle

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleystyle 13th November 2009, 2:39 pm

traveljunkie i have seen some videos of ways to stretch ur wash and
go.... but knots im not feeling knots at all. i guess all this is
irrelevant until im 100% natural. lol.
ashleystyle
ashleystyle

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleystyle 13th November 2009, 2:40 pm

dajewel alright for tooting your own horn lol! i love it. I can't wait to see pics. what other products did you use for your wash n go's besides the (expensive KCCC) LOL. Any recession friendly choices work?
ashleystyle
ashleystyle

Back to top Go down

Post by herlucidsKy 16th November 2009, 1:15 am

ashleystyle wrote:dajewel alright for tooting your own horn lol! i love it. I can't wait to see pics. what other products did you use for your wash n go's besides the (expensive KCCC) LOL. Any recession friendly choices work?

hey ashleystyle, you can try the green olive oil ecostyler gel, a lot of women on youtube use it with a leave-in conditioner. Some people prefer it over the kccc. it has a nice soft hold, you can reactivate with water.
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down