CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAIR FEAR

4 posters

Go down

HAIR FEAR Empty HAIR FEAR

Post by Ms.Fenty 24th March 2010, 9:50 pm

I just got hit with this sudden gripping fear of my natural hair. This morning, I loved the way that my braid out looked, and I loved feeling my new texture(s) coming in. Then I read someone's negative experience with a coworker and her natural hair and its only one of many that I've come across and its so disheartening. I've only told about three people about my decision and I gotten no negative responses. I have purposely chosen not to tell anyone else because I don't want to hear any negativity about my decision. Now this would probably be the point when I give up and get a relaxer in a week or so. But I just can't do the chemicals, they scare me more than anything else (plus the burn and my irrational fear that my hair will immediately fall out). So any inspiration ladies, any positive feedback from the people around you? Please share.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

HAIR FEAR Empty Re: HAIR FEAR

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 10:44 pm

I loved my hair after I BC'd. I havent had any negative experiences (yet) with my natural hair. You cant worry about what other people are gonna say/think about your decision. YOU DO YOU!! You have to remember that natural hair is not the norm (yet) and everyone cant see the beauty in natural hair.

How long do you plan to transition?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Fenty 24th March 2010, 10:56 pm

Forever...No, just kidding, I want to transition for a year (two month mark passed on monday so looong way to go), but if I'm not comfortable with the length, I'll try to keep going. My hair is past my shoulders right now and I have grown attached to my length, so its gonna be hard to let it go. Btw I love your hair.
Ms.Fenty
Ms.Fenty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th March 2010, 11:02 pm

Thanks! I only transitioned 4 months. I've been natural 7 months now.

I wish you luck on your journey!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Vee 25th March 2010, 9:25 am

@Ms.Fenty I am a long time transitioner...it has been 10 months now and I don't plan on doing the BC anytime soon. My hair is also past my shoulders and I am just not comfortable with cutting my hair right now (although sometimes it does cross my mind [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ). I feel you on the negative comments...my hubby is not really supportive of my decision (but I think he may be coming around...YAY). I agree with Lynnieluve...You must do you!

I had to decide that I must be confident and sure of my decision despite what others may say or think...Just recently in my transition I have found another level of confidence. I am learning to be creative with my hair and I love it. Somewhere in between getting dressed and doing my hair I think put on my confidence too (sounds silly, I know). So when people see me and my hair...they are looking at someone who is bold, confident and sure of herself (something I have seen in the ladies on CN). So don't be discouraged by negative people...just remember that God made you beautiful and awesome!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vee
Vee

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachtree 25th March 2010, 11:57 pm

Hi there!

I was relaxed for nearly 20 yrs with no memories of my natural hair. Always maintained my relaxed hair between BSL and WL. Absolutely loved my relaxed hair but grew curious of my natural after discovering hair boards (2001). I was afraid of the unknown and didn't want to let go of my WL beautiful relaxed hair, but I decided to move forward with the support from my online hair community. Transitioned 18 mths and chopped 5 yrs ago. BEST DECISION EVER!!!
I agree with the other ladies...u do u!!

...enjoy the journey!!!
Peachtree
Peachtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down