CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hair do

+43
Naturally Esq
summerbreeze76
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
CurlyChefRobin
SheeTacular
KeAnia
QuietButterfly
Cnicoles6
iri9109
TheRYL1
xtremelyperfect
PaganWifey
freckledmom4
mstokes2008
blondie
missmoriah
AfrikanLatina
Muz
curlsunfurled
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
jlowman1
cyclingchick
sweetdrk1
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
nattyblog
Buttercup76
NubieNatty
DvaAuNaturel
priceless
hippychic
LaToya28
Serenity23
MellowOne
CocoEuro
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
CrissyQ
krazy coils
Ebbz
WhosThatRedHead
47 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

New Hair do - Page 11 Empty Re: New Hair do

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th August 2010, 5:07 pm

We all have those kind of days. It will pass.

I'm anxious to see the amla on your hair. But I must confess I don't know much about it. What are the benefits that make you want to give it a try?
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 5:09 pm

I believe it's supposed to help condition and lossen the curl pattern
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 12th August 2010, 5:16 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I am having a moment!!!! That's the best as I can describe it as. There must be something in the air cuz I'm feeling how Natty is. I've had cramps since sunday and I NEVER have cramps this bad or this long. I am not a happy camper. I decided not to go to work today cuz I'm pretty sure if anyone looked at me even a little sideways I might of set it off. So, I've been in bed all day looking at vids on YT and reading stuff on CN. Now I have a dilema.... I really want either a hamburger or a steak (I don't eat either that often) but I don't think it's a good idea to be out with the general population today.... Do I beg my sweetie to bring me one after work even though my house is in the opposite direction of his home??? Naw... I'll suck it up and have a turkey sammich I suppose....

On to hair news... I think I'm going to try the amla powder. I was supposed to do it last weekend but I chickened out when I read the box and saw that it could turn my hair black. I'm going to test it out in the back and then see what happens from there.....

Thanks for reading my rant.... I'm just a little "horm New Hair do - Page 11 Icon_evil nal" today.

Girl! Ask him to bring you the steak and the bsm, stat! I'm sure he won't mind. Especially if you tell him you feel so awful today. He loves you. I think women are getting a special reward when we get to heaven. This stuff is unbelievable! I do feel much better though so if it helps, let me know.

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th August 2010, 5:33 pm

DONT DO IT! I am not a red meat eater but i was craving a steak. I ate the steak on monday and that night I paid for it. Honey i was in the bed hurting sooo bad! i was almost tempted to go to the ER. This went on for 3 hours of none stop pain. I did not know what was going on. I thought about it the next day and that was the only thing i could think of. My system is not use to breaking down that mess. never again!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 5:42 pm

But they are so yummy!!! A burger with bacon and bbq sauce and cheddar cheese???
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 12th August 2010, 5:47 pm

ROFL!!! I don't eat meat anymore, but I never have given up burgers. I just do veggie ones now-all different kinds. You just can't come between a girl and her burger. It's comfort food at it's best! Mmmmmmmmm......
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th August 2010, 5:48 pm

nattyblog wrote:ROFL!!! I don't eat meat anymore, but I never have given up burgers. I just do veggie ones now-all different kinds. You just can't come between a girl and her burger. It's comfort food at it's best! Mmmmmmmmm......

I have always watned totry veggie burgers but i am scared! What does it taste like?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 5:50 pm

I feel like I would miss meat too much if I had a veggie burger..... It's hard enough for me to eat a turkey burger.... I don't eat red meat often but when I do all ya'll better get out of my way!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 12th August 2010, 10:47 pm

I used to have a Jheri Curl.....And I was only like 7 or 8......
New Hair do - Page 11 Jheri_10
Will my WnG's look like this when my hair grows longer?

And just for fun here's a baby pic of me.....
New Hair do - Page 11 Baby_m10
Funny how that's how much hair I have now....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 12th August 2010, 11:03 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I used to have a Jheri Curl.....And I was only like 7 or 8......

it might...but it more than likely probably wont considering that was a chemical process...its probably gonna be bigger and more voluminous & fab!
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 12th August 2010, 11:26 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
nattyblog wrote:ROFL!!! I don't eat meat anymore, but I never have given up burgers. I just do veggie ones now-all different kinds. You just can't come between a girl and her burger. It's comfort food at it's best! Mmmmmmmmm......

I have always watned totry veggie burgers but i am scared! What does it taste like?

Well, if you get the right one, it tastes fabulous!! Very seldom do I eat them out. But I do like the ones you get at Ruby Tuesday's. They make really good mini veggie burgers. I just ask them to take the garlic mayo off and leave the barbecue sauce on. But folks say they taste really good with their mayo on it with the barbecue sauce too. Other places make veggie burgers that are a little crispy. Not bad, but not great. I can't stand the Boca burgers or the kind you get out of the freezer section of the grocery stores. But there are lots of ways to have a veggie burger. I also like black bean burgers. I make them myself. And portobello burgers using a recipe in this book called student go vegan. That thing is so good my son fights me over it! Lots of quick, easy recipes in that book that are all delicious for vegans, vegetarians or folks that eat it all. Not a burger, but a really good sandwich is a falafel sandwich (or wrap or pita) with some garlic tahini sauce on it. I make those myself too. SO good. Shoot, this is making me hungry...

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I feel like I would miss meat too much if I had a veggie burger..... It's hard enough for me to eat a turkey burger.... I don't eat red meat often but when I do all ya'll better get out of my way!!!

LOL! My family doesn't eat veggie burgers (except for my son when he wants my portobello burgers). But I don't stop them from eating whatever they want. They don't do burgers much. But when they do, you can't stop 'em!

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I used to have a Jheri Curl.....And I was only like 7 or 8......
New Hair do - Page 11 Jheri_10

And just for fun here's a baby pic of me.....
New Hair do - Page 11 Baby_m10
Funny how that's how much hair I have now....

I agree with iri. I don't think it will look the same. I think it will be full, fiery and fierce!! I can't wait to see it! I'm probably more excited than you! I will know somebody with a natural red huge fro! Say what?!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 13th August 2010, 8:06 am

Your baby pics are too cute! Your curls will probably be a little tighter when your hair grows out since the jheri curl made the curls appear looser.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 13th August 2010, 10:21 am

how cute!!!! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

New Hair do - Page 11 Empty I was insulted by the OWNER of the beauty supply store!

Post by WhosThatRedHead 13th August 2010, 6:52 pm

So....
I bought some new earings today and I can't wait to wear them!!!
New Hair do - Page 11 Earing10
And then I stopped by Sephora and gor some make up brushes and lip gloss. The brushes were only $15 and the gloss was $10
New Hair do - Page 11 Brushe11
New Hair do - Page 11 Lip_gl11

So I went to a beauty supply store just to see what they had. The owner asked me what I was looking for. I told her I was interested in products that would help my curl definition and preferably organic. She got excited and took me to her newly organic section and proceeded to talk my ear off about her products. I was starting to tune her out when I heard her say *ahem* "People with ethnic hair don't wash their hair every day or as much as people with caucaisian hair." EXCUSE ME??? And I don't even think this lady was white..... Then she started to show me her organic products to help protect color treated hair. I told her that my hair was naturally red and I'm pretty sure she rolled her eyes at me. I looked at her and said I put some henna in my hair last week and it made it a little redder. She told me henna was "shit" for my hair and I should come see her after my "hair started to break off from the damage from henna" WTF??? I ain't buying nothing from you or you POS store!!! People are so rude!!!

Last edited by WhosThatRedHead on 13th August 2010, 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 6:56 pm

Whoa! She was out of line! Evil or Very Mad
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 13th August 2010, 6:57 pm

nattyblog wrote:Whoa! She was out of line! New Hair do - Page 11 Icon_evil
I know right???
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 13th August 2010, 7:03 pm

Love the flashback pics!!

Now let's talk about the BSS experience....The Lord knows not to let me encounter these kind of people because I would have gone off on that lady!!! I consider myself a very laidback person, not easily upset by things and situation but Ooooo Weee!!!

Thank you Lord for not letting people come at me like this because I would not want to bring shame to your name....Amen.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 13th August 2010, 7:09 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Love the flashback pics!!

Now let's talk about the BSS experience....The Lord knows not to let me encounter these kind of people because I would have gone off on that lady!!! I consider myself a very laidback person, not easily upset by things and situation but Ooooo Weee!!!

Thank you Lord for not letting people come at me like this because I would not want to bring shame to your name....Amen.

I'm so surprised I didn't go off on her...... I had already got snippy with the people at the Kaiser Pharmacy cuz it took them 40 minuted to fill my script!! And I had to go to the dentist.... So I think by the time I got to this woman I was too through to even make a scene. I also think I was in shock... You know how people say something so ignorant that you aren't even sure if you heard that right cuz people don't really talk like that??? I'm sure that's what happened then. I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't even argue with her. She aint getting none of my money though. I wanted to tell her that I co wash my hair every day but I feel like that would have been lost of deaf ears..... New Hair do - Page 11 Kopfschuettel
Man... and I'm still cramping!! The Lord Himself must have sealed my lips cuz on any other day I woulda went clean off for much less...
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 7:30 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:

lol!

I'm so surprised I didn't go off on her...... I had already got snippy with the people at the Kaiser Pharmacy cuz it took them 40 minuted to fill my script!! And I had to go to the dentist.... So I think by the time I got to this woman I was too through to even make a scene. I also think I was in shock... You know how people say something so ignorant that you aren't even sure if you heard that right cuz people don't really talk like that??? I'm sure that's what happened then. I was so flabbergasted that I couldn't even argue with her. She aint getting none of my money though. I wanted to tell her that I co wash my hair every day but I feel like that would have been lost of deaf ears..... New Hair do - Page 11 Kopfschuettel
Man... and I'm still cramping!! The Lord Himself must have sealed my lips cuz on any other day I woulda went clean off for much less...

Think you hurt them where it counted...in the pocket! That happens to me too. I just get stunned sometimes by the sheer ignorance!

Still cramping? Did you try the bam yet? I am not cramping at all and I'm still in the usual cramping zone time-wise for my visitation. But I have had the bum tonic three times (twice yesterday, one today).

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnicoles6 13th August 2010, 8:47 pm

My sister loves portabella burgers, even my vegetable immuned nephew will eat them. He's having a hard time with the no-meat thing my sister started, but the food is so good. Just a rebellious teenager. New Hair do - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes
As for miss BSS she can kick rocks, go play in traffic, and kiss the Jesus in you. That would have been the perfect person on which to release the cramp rampage, but you did good girl. Glad it wasn't me.
Oh and you may wan to try ginger beer for those cramps. A lady from Zimbabwe suggested it to me and it works pretty well. Just don't try to gulp cause it can burn going down, but it tastes good. BTW, it's non-alcoholic, like root beer. You can probably find it with carribean items in a store. HTH
Cnicoles6
Cnicoles6

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 13th August 2010, 9:06 pm

WOW, Its really amazing how people these days think they can say anything to you!!! That lady was rude and out of line, I'm generally a quiet person, but I will check a ninja!!! I would have made a crazy facial expression and then went in on her. This man came into my work place yesterday and made a comment about my waist line......I was like excuse me?!?! The audacity of folk!!!!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 13th August 2010, 9:39 pm

That lady was way out of line i would've had to educate her about some things. In a nice way. Even if my insides would want to throw out some choice words. But getting caught off guard like that always stuns you at first and then you think later ooooo i should have said.... And then walked out the store.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 13th August 2010, 9:58 pm

npmoore04 wrote:That lady was way out of line i would've had to educate her about some things. In a nice way. Even if my insides would want to throw out some choice words. But getting caught off guard like that always stuns you at first and then you think later ooooo i should have said.... And then walked out the store.

I agree. I always wish I had said something when that happens to me. Still learning when it's time to talk or walk.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 13th August 2010, 11:27 pm

Cnicoles6 wrote:My sister loves portabella burgers, even my vegetable immuned nephew will eat them. He's having a hard time with the no-meat thing my sister started, but the food is so good. Just a rebellious teenager. New Hair do - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes
As for miss BSS she can kick rocks, go play in traffic, and kiss the Jesus in you. That would have been the perfect person on which to release the cramp rampage, but you did good girl. Glad it wasn't me.
Oh and you may wan to try ginger beer for those cramps. A lady from Zimbabwe suggested it to me and it works pretty well. Just don't try to gulp cause it can burn going down, but it tastes good. BTW, it's non-alcoholic, like root beer. You can probably find it with carribean items in a store. HTH
Ginger beer?? Hmm.... I have some ginger tea and I just remembered that I have some special tea just for women in their monthlies.... I may need to try that!

QuietButterfly wrote:WOW, Its really amazing how people these days think they can say anything to you!!! That lady was rude and out of line, I'm generally a quiet person, but I will check a ninja!!! I would have made a crazy facial expression and then went in on her. This man came into my work place yesterday and made a comment about my waist line......I was like excuse me?!?! The audacity of folk!!!!
Your waistline?? See folks are trippin!

npmoore04 wrote:That lady was way out of line i would've had to educate her about some things. In a nice way. Even if my insides would want to throw out some choice words. But getting caught off guard like that always stuns you at first and then you think later ooooo i should have said.... And then walked out the store.
The way that I'm feeling right now I probably woulda threw some stuff off the shelves as I was trying to educate her. So Jesus knew what He was doing when He had me walk out the store!
nattyblog wrote:

I agree. I always wish I had said something when that happens to me. Still learning when it's time to talk or walk.
As I get older I'm doing a lot more walking and a lot less talking. I used to go off A LOT!! I think I'm good now that I was able to vent with you guys! I was out today and I couldn't remember the name of the stuff you used for your cramps! So I just took a muscle relaxer when I got home and I just woke up.... Gonna go make me my pms tea (I forgot I had this!!) and relax for the rest of the evening.

Thanks for listening ladies!! It's just amazing to me what people will say or do. She didn't need my money!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 14th August 2010, 2:49 am

WOW first a guy cursed out Shrug in the store for wearing her fro, and now this lady in the BSS? SMH.....you did the right thing by saying nothing. I agree with NattyB...she was so out of order!! WOW...I thought I was going through something with my niece and nephew in my house, but folks are kinda off the chain!!

What in the world ts in the water???

Hope you are feeling better, and just so you know....I love veggie burgers!! I don't do much beef....I'm a chicken kinda of girl you know.

Oh...those baby pictures are too cute; especially the last one!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next