CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hair do

+43
Naturally Esq
summerbreeze76
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
CurlyChefRobin
SheeTacular
KeAnia
QuietButterfly
Cnicoles6
iri9109
TheRYL1
xtremelyperfect
PaganWifey
freckledmom4
mstokes2008
blondie
missmoriah
AfrikanLatina
Muz
curlsunfurled
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
jlowman1
cyclingchick
sweetdrk1
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
nattyblog
Buttercup76
NubieNatty
DvaAuNaturel
priceless
hippychic
LaToya28
Serenity23
MellowOne
CocoEuro
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
CrissyQ
krazy coils
Ebbz
WhosThatRedHead
47 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

New Hair do - Page 12 Empty Re: New Hair do

Post by PaganWifey 14th August 2010, 3:16 am

Screw the BSS lady. She doesn't want your money? Fine. Trick can be broke.

You can find ginger beer at Whole Foods.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 14th August 2010, 10:18 am

WTH?! Is she serious! Girl, she was waaaaay outta line. People are just so outta order. Clearly, her business isn't doing so well and it never will with a stank attitude like that!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 11:45 am

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:WOW first a guy cursed out Shrug in the store for wearing her fro, and now this lady in the BSS? SMH.....you did the right thing by saying nothing. I agree with NattyB...she was so out of order!! WOW...I thought I was going through something with my niece and nephew in my house, but folks are kinda off the chain!!

What in the world ts in the water???

Hope you are feeling better, and just so you know....I love veggie burgers!! I don't do much beef....I'm a chicken kinda of girl you know.

Oh...those baby pictures are too cute; especially the last one!!!

KNH

What?! That's just ridiculous! What is wrong with these people? So small-minded.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 11:54 am

She actually spent a few minutes trying to convince me to put permament color on my hair instead of henna because the permanent color would be better for me than henna. For real???
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 11:56 am

Unbelievable!! I'm glad you didn't spend your money there. I'm sure that woke her up. Next time, even if she's thinking it, she'll keep her expert opinions to herself.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th August 2010, 1:07 pm

WOW @ that BSS experience. I actually find more often than not that people who work in BSS stores aren't very good with customer service. They act like you are putting them out when you ask for help, they just point you in a direction if you're looking for something as opposed to walking you to the spot (which REALLY bugs me when there isn't even anyone at the counter. They keep walking past like you're going to steal something from them. The only reason I go to them is for my Shea Butter, other than that I'm taking my happy arse to Sally's or Wal-Mart or Target.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 1:11 pm

Muz,
This was a beuaty supply store that was only open to people with a cosmotology license!! And I didn't even as her for help! She just kept sharing her "opinions". I've decided that I'm just going to stalk Ross for my Yes To Cucumbers conditioners for my WnG's and use my Giovanni. All I wanted was something for curl definition... so I'm good!! Won't be telling my beutician to get her products from her.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 14th August 2010, 1:16 pm

That's crazy then, so it was like a Sally's? SMH, I've never had a bad experience with Customer service in one of those stores, it's the neighborhood BSS stores that I don't care for. That is ridiculous.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 1:53 pm

I guess it was like a Sally's. I usually have great experiences when I go to BSS... they are usually where all the black people go. But this wasn't a store for "us".
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 14th August 2010, 2:16 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:She actually spent a few minutes trying to convince me to put permament color on my hair instead of henna because the permanent color would be better for me than henna. For real???

Not only was she rude but uneducated in caring for natural hair.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 14th August 2010, 3:32 pm

Sorry to hear about your experience. I know you were fired up, but I'm glad you just walked away. You know the verse, "Vengence is Mine..."
Was she the owner? If not, I'm sure the owner would like to know how the customers are being spoken to. If nothing else, I hope your walking out caused her to pause and realize that she's not as smart as she thinks.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 14th August 2010, 3:33 pm

It was the owner... just sad I say...sad
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 14th August 2010, 5:12 pm

Sad, indeed. But, when I think about it...there may always be folks like that. The best thing to do is what you did. Don't patronize them.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 15th August 2010, 9:46 pm

So..... I'm thinking about trying to do some protective styling. I say try cuz I'm not sure what I can do to my hair because of my length. I think this week I'm going to do finger coils..... any other suggestions????
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th August 2010, 11:37 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:So..... I'm thinking about trying to do some protective styling. I say try cuz I'm not sure what I can do to my hair because of my length. I think this week I'm going to do finger coils..... any other suggestions????

I did some finger cols this moring and to me they look good. My siste said i should not have come out of the house like this, and my other sister said you look cute with your hair like that. I am confused because i work at a very reputable bank and i dont want them looking at me crazy. I am tired of dabbling in my hair everyday, I just want to leav it be for a hile and let it grow. I wll let you know if i decided to wear them to work.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 15th August 2010, 11:44 pm

I say do it!!! As long as they aren't sticking up all over your head I think you should be fine. I'm doing mine smaller than I've done them the first 2 times so it's taking twice as long!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th August 2010, 11:52 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I say do it!!! As long as they aren't sticking up all over your head I think you should be fine. I'm doing mine smaller than I've done them the first 2 times so it's taking twice as long!!!

ooo red I am scared, u know I am a scary cat! They are not sticking up at all, i tied a scarf on them. I will wear them tomorrow to see what kind of reaction I get.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 15th August 2010, 11:58 pm

Crissy if you leave your scarf on all night they should still be laying down in the morning. I agree you should rock them. People may look at first if they're not used to seeing your hair that way but walk in with confidence with your head up. A lot of times when our lack of confidence shows this is when people try to say something negative that will make you doubt yourself.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th August 2010, 12:04 am

krazy coils wrote:Crissy if you leave your scarf on all night they should still be laying down in the morning. I agree you should rock them. People may look at first if they're not used to seeing your hair that way but walk in with confidence with your head up. A lot of times when our lack of confidence shows this is when people try to say something negative that will make you doubt yourself.

Ok, I am going to wear them, i will let you guys know through out th day what kind of reactions I get
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 16th August 2010, 1:11 am

Yay Crissy!!!!

I JUST finished my hair!! I am soooooooooooo tender headed!!! New Hair do - Page 12 Icon_sad All I did was put coils in my hair and my head hurts!!! I feel like how I used to feel on hair wash day and my mom would press my hair in the kitchen...... What am I going to do when my hair gets longer New Hair do - Page 12 Confused ???

But I really like how they turned out this time. I get better and better with my coils each time I do it. And my hair is growing!! I can tell cuz the coils look longer.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 16th August 2010, 11:22 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Yay Crissy!!!!

I JUST finished my hair!! I am soooooooooooo tender headed!!! New Hair do - Page 12 Icon_sad All I did was put coils in my hair and my head hurts!!! I feel like how I used to feel on hair wash day and my mom would press my hair in the kitchen...... What am I going to do when my hair gets longer New Hair do - Page 12 Confused ???

But I really like how they turned out this time. I get better and better with my coils each time I do it. And my hair is growing!! I can tell cuz the coils look longer.

Good job, take a picture! What did you use?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 16th August 2010, 1:06 pm

I think coils are super protective. Plus, I remember when I had to do them, I had to use loads of water to get them to be coily. The moisture (and whatever you seal it with) makes your hair grow fast, imho. And it stays super-conditioned. I loved coils!! But they don't look as good on me now so I haven't tried them in awhile.
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 16th August 2010, 2:13 pm

I was thinking the same thing, Red! If you find something let me know. How long did you let the flat twists/gel rolls-lol stay in your hair? I was thinking I might try to do some in the front and the back with a puff in the middle although I have no skills for doing anything in the back of my head.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 17th August 2010, 12:45 pm

hey go to my journal.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 17th August 2010, 3:52 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I was thinking the same thing, Red! If you find something let me know. How long did you let the flat twists/gel rolls-lol stay in your hair? I was thinking I might try to do some in the front and the back with a puff in the middle although I have no skills for doing anything in the back of my head.

I only left them in for a day! I used bobby pins on the ends and I could not sleep with them in my hair!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next