CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Hair do

+43
Naturally Esq
summerbreeze76
ChrsLvsBks
Intelligentbeauty
CurlyChefRobin
SheeTacular
KeAnia
QuietButterfly
Cnicoles6
iri9109
TheRYL1
xtremelyperfect
PaganWifey
freckledmom4
mstokes2008
blondie
missmoriah
AfrikanLatina
Muz
curlsunfurled
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
jlowman1
cyclingchick
sweetdrk1
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
nattyblog
Buttercup76
NubieNatty
DvaAuNaturel
priceless
hippychic
LaToya28
Serenity23
MellowOne
CocoEuro
Nikcoils
CurlsGalore
CrissyQ
krazy coils
Ebbz
WhosThatRedHead
47 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

New Hair do - Page 7 Empty Re: New Hair do

Post by missmoriah 26th July 2010, 6:11 pm

Hey red! Just wanted to come say hey I hope your weekend was good. I love your pic of you and your hunny. yall look great and happy!
missmoriah
missmoriah

http://xmarvelousme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th July 2010, 1:15 am

[quote="WhosThatRedHead"]
Not bad at all!! My mother cooked all the time. When my parents divorced I went into shock when my step mother had the audacity to cook me hamburger helper!! Her cooking was so bad that when I would go to my father's house for visits during the summer my father would beg me to cook!

lol! Wow! Yeah, you grew up with a cooking mom. My husband is the same way! He will not eat stuff like that or oodles o noodles (I call them oodles 'n' noodles) or like one pot meals (unless it's a taco salad-sometimes spaghetti if it has a salad-or soup, but only if he's sick and none of that canned stuff either). I've been with him so long, I don't even eat like that anymore, lol!

He's such a food snob, lol!

I think I had a decent upbringing (well, except for the food, lol). I am from the inner city-very low economic area (drugs on every corner, bad schools, like enough clothes to get through a week). He had more of a charmed upbringing (suburbs, private schools, alligator shoes). My parents only moved to the suburbs when I got old enough to move out. My family, I feel, is a little more down to earth than his. There is a certain way of doing things that his family adheres to about nearly everything. And his mom is very old school. We've been together for 15 years so I know a lot about his family. Sometimes, I just love to be ornery and tease them about it or just show them there are other ways of doing things and it can still be just as good without it having to be the Martha Stewart version. But one thing that I loved about his family that I wish mine had did more of is that they came together for dinner. They'd all talk about their day and just be together as a family. When my family ate, most times we all ate at different times of the day and so we'd eat all over the house, wherever-not together. Even when we all ate at the same time (which was like once a week, like Sunday dinner), everyone would go their separate ways. The only time we ate together was like Thanksgiving. Now, the family we're raising is kind of in between. We all eat at the table at times and at times we all eat in the sun room. But it's more together than it was when I was growing up. I like that a lot. I love you

I am so longwinded. Got to stop that!! Anyway, keep cooking for you and yours. I know they appreciate it probably more than you know.
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th July 2010, 1:35 am

My mom was broke.. that's why she cooked. Now boyfriend's sons beg us to eat dinner together as a family at least once a week. We usually do that on Sundays. I figure that since I don't have money one way that I can show people that I care is cook. I did that while I was in college. I used to invite my friends over to my apartment and cook dinner or bbq at least once a quarter..... maybe that's why my belly is so big!!! Lol!

Last year on Thanksgiving I wasn't going to cook because I had just gotten back from taking care of my mom and he told me just to chill. At 4 am I felt bad about my mens not having a dinner so I snuck out of bed, went to the store and started cooking at like 7 am. He woke up to the smell of greens and candied yams. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said he felt like he was back at his grandmother's house...... black love!!

Sounds like now that you have a family you've made an effort to learn how to cook and made the time for you guys to eat together. That's beautiful!!!

If you could only come to Colorado to do my hair....... New Hair do - Page 7 Suspect

Last edited by WhosThatRedHead on 27th July 2010, 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 27th July 2010, 1:45 am

missmoriah wrote:Hey red! Just wanted to come say hey I hope your weekend was good. I love your pic of you and your hunny. yall look great and happy!

Thanks!!! My weekend was great! I attended the wedding of the 1st friend I made when I moved to Colorado 6 years ago. Then I watched my boyfriend's sons which is always entertaining. If you ever have a bad day, a 6 year old in Iron Man underwear running into the room and bursting into random songs is a great way to get a smile on your face. We saw Inception on Sunday and I was able to relax....... if only today went as nice as the weekend.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th July 2010, 1:57 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:My mom was broke.. that's why she cooked. Now boyfriend's sons beg us to eat dinner together as a family at least once a week. We usually do that on Sundays. I figure that since I don't have money one way that I can show people that I care is cook. I did that while I was in college. I used to invite my friends over to my apartment and cook dinner or bbq at least once a quarter..... maybe that's why my belly is so big!!! Lol!

Last year on Thanksgiving I wasn't going to cook because I had just gotten back from taking care of my mom and he told me just to chill. At 4 am I felt bad about my mens not having a dinner so I snuck out of bed, went to the store and started cooking at like 7 am. He woke up to the smell of greens and candied yams. He looked at me with tears in his eyes and said he felt like he was back at his grandmother's house...... black love!!

Sounds like now that you have a family you've made an effort to learn how to cook and made the time for you guys to eat together. That's beautiful!!!

If you could only come to Colorado to do my hair....... New Hair do - Page 7 Suspect

You snuck out the bed AT 7 AM!!!!!!!!!! Girl, that is either love or sheer lunacy. I'm rolling over for the fifth time around then, lol!! Seriously, that is SO sweet! Y'all are too cute!! I love you

LOL! You know I'd do it if I lived there. I am beginning to find all this braiding fun. I kind of itch anymore to get my fingers braiding at least a head of cornrows a day, if that even makes any sense, lol. I really thought the cornrowing thing would be much more difficult. I'm not professing to know it all. But a basic cornrow braid is not that difficult to do once you get the hang of it. I can't wait to see some braids on all that red hair!!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 27th July 2010, 8:11 am

Girl keep cooking for that man and his sons because they will truly love you for it! My boyfriend was shocked and hooked when I cooked for him when we first met because he wasn't used to a woman cooking. He grew up with a mom who couldn't cook and wasn't used to home cooked meals. Now when he tries to eat fast food he gets sick because he isn't used to eating it anymore.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 1:33 am

krazy coils wrote:Girl keep cooking for that man and his sons because they will truly love you for it! My boyfriend was shocked and hooked when I cooked for him when we first met because he wasn't used to a woman cooking. He grew up with a mom who couldn't cook and wasn't used to home cooked meals. Now when he tries to eat fast food he gets sick because he isn't used to eating it anymore.

Lol.... It's funny to me but it's also great to know that I'm appreciated New Hair do - Page 7 Herz
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 1:40 am

Man! Its been a busy week! I still have my finger coils in. They're looking a little messy but I kinda don't care. I suppose I can do a coil out but I think I wanna leave them as is and just wash my hair this Friday. Then it will be anothe rquest to find a style for my hair.

For some reason I'm not getting email notifications letting me know there are new responses to the topics I'm watching. Anyone else experiencing this? And speaking of email someone hacked into my account and I'm going to have to get a new email address!!! And I've had this email for 12 years!!! New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_pale

Question..... has anyone attempted to make their own hair gel? I saw a video about it on YT. The ingredients were honey, water, jojoba oil, EO, Vitamin E and Xanthum Gum..... I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something.... Anywhooo... I'm thinking of attempting to make a small batch this weekend and try it on my hair. If I do make some I'll post pics.

Be Blessed!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th July 2010, 2:03 am

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Man! Its been a busy week! I still have my finger coils in. They're looking a little messy but I kinda don't care. I suppose I can do a coil out but I think I wanna leave them as is and just wash my hair this Friday. Then it will be anothe rquest to find a style for my hair.

For some reason I'm not getting email notifications letting me know there are new responses to the topics I'm watching. Anyone else experiencing this? And speaking of email someone hacked into my account and I'm going to have to get a new email address!!! And I've had this email for 12 years!!! New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_pale

Question..... has anyone attempted to make their own hair gel? I saw a video about it on YT. The ingredients were honey, water, jojoba oil, EO, Vitamin E and Xanthum Gum..... I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something.... Anywhooo... I'm thinking of attempting to make a small batch this weekend and try it on my hair. If I do make some I'll post pics.

Be Blessed!!!

I haven't checked in a few days but the last time I did, I was getting them full force! Do you think it may have something to do with your profile settings? Did you change anything in their recently?

That's messed up that someone hacked your account! It's crazy what these hackers are doing these days. I've read about where iTunes accounts were hacked into as well not that long ago. Just strange. I haven't caught up with the story since I first saw the headline, but I did wonder if that wasn't someone that worked for them.

I've never made my own. But I do have the flax seeds in case I want to, lol. The best hair gel I ever had was Aveda's Flax Seed Aloe Gel. I think that was the name. I always wanted to make it because I didn't want to pay $15 for hair gel! Plus the Aveda stores are few and far in between around here so you always have to go out of your way to shop Aveda to me. I saw a recipe for making a similar gel, but I have never made it. Yours sounds like it has a lot more lubricating ingredients. I think your hair will really like that. I always had to put an oil on before using the Aveda gel. With yours, you probably won't have to do that extra step. Can't wait to see how it goes!

I did make my first shea aloe mix with my own stuff at home. It looks pretty good. I want to use it the next time I braid to keep my hair lubed up while in braids. I used olive oil last time. It works but it's really light and the braids are staying in for at least a week. I think I'd like to see how a butter works because of that. Plus, I have all this shea butter I haven't been using to use up. Rolling Eyes

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th July 2010, 12:39 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Man! Its been a busy week! I still have my finger coils in. They're looking a little messy but I kinda don't care. I suppose I can do a coil out but I think I wanna leave them as is and just wash my hair this Friday. Then it will be anothe rquest to find a style for my hair.

Be Blessed!!!

I am not getting them either, i get some but not as many as I am use to getting. i thought you guys got tired of responding. LOL
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 6:22 pm

hey redhead

How is everything I want a meal lol I love a home cooked meal. I know one thing i am so glad that my Mom and Dad could cook. Now i married a man that can cook and i am loving it. keep cooking for them they say people think better and succeed on a full well balanced stomach
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 7:45 pm

nattyblog wrote:

Be Blessed!!!

I haven't checked in a few days but the last time I did, I was getting them full force! Do you think it may have something to do with your profile settings? Did you change anything in their recently?

That's messed up that someone hacked your account! It's crazy what these hackers are doing these days. I've read about where iTunes accounts were hacked into as well not that long ago. Just strange. I haven't caught up with the story since I first saw the headline, but I did wonder if that wasn't someone that worked for them.

I've never made my own. But I do have the flax seeds in case I want to, lol. The best hair gel I ever had was Aveda's Flax Seed Aloe Gel. I think that was the name. I always wanted to make it because I didn't want to pay $15 for hair gel! Plus the Aveda stores are few and far in between around here so you always have to go out of your way to shop Aveda to me. I saw a recipe for making a similar gel, but I have never made it. Yours sounds like it has a lot more lubricating ingredients. I think your hair will really like that. I always had to put an oil on before using the Aveda gel. With yours, you probably won't have to do that extra step. Can't wait to see how it goes!

I did make my first shea aloe mix with my own stuff at home. It looks pretty good. I want to use it the next time I braid to keep my hair lubed up while in braids. I used olive oil last time. It works but it's really light and the braids are staying in for at least a week. I think I'd like to see how a butter works because of that. Plus, I have all this shea butter I haven't been using to use up. New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

I was mad... but now I'm just trying to think of a new email address.

I have a GIANT tub of shea butter at my house! I bought it a few weeks ago so I could make whipped shea butter. I think I'm going to start making some and giving it to people. My boyfriend's mom is coming to town this weekend so I may make a batch for her.

I've tried making flax seed gel but with only flax seeds. I've seen a receipe with more ingredients so I may try making that as well. If I have time this weekend I might make both and see which one works better.

I saw you trying to recruit CrissyQ to get me to make videos!!!lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 7:45 pm

priceless wrote:hey redhead

How is everything I want a meal lol I love a home cooked meal. I know one thing i am so glad that my Mom and Dad could cook. Now i married a man that can cook and i am loving it. keep cooking for them they say people think better and succeed on a full well balanced stomach

I enjoy cooking for them. Plus I'm sure that if I stopped I would have a few people that would never speak to me again....
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 7:46 pm

CrissyQ wrote:

Be Blessed!!!

I am not getting them either, i get some but not as many as I am use to getting. i thought you guys got tired of responding. LOL

Me too!!! I was like, "What did I do?" I'm glad to know it's not all in my head.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 28th July 2010, 8:06 pm

[quote="WhosThatRedHead"

I saw you trying to recruit CrissyQ to get me to make videos!!!lol[/quote]

Who me??? Very Happy
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 8:09 pm

I just did finger coils yesterday and i think i want to leave them in for a while also but i heard that they can lock up on you after a week. have you left then in for longer then a week? I wonder how true that is
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 11:24 pm

priceless wrote:I just did finger coils yesterday and i think i want to leave them in for a while also but i heard that they can lock up on you after a week. have you left then in for longer then a week? I wonder how true that is

It will be a week tomorrow..... I was planning on washing them out weither tonight or tomorrow. Most of mine have come down on their own. I think it's from me rubbing oil in my hair and how I sleep (even though I wear a bonnet). Oh! And they are probably coming down cuz HE can't keep HIS hands out of MY hair New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_evil

So we'll see... I hope they don't loc up... they don't feel like they are.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 28th July 2010, 11:25 pm

nattyblog wrote:[quote="WhosThatRedHead"

Who me??? New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_biggrin[/quote]

Yup! New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_pirat
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 29th July 2010, 1:26 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:

Who me??? New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

Yup! New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_pirat[/quote]

My lips are sealed New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_silent
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 29th July 2010, 3:30 pm

CrissyQ wrote:
WhosThatRedHead wrote:

Who me??? New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_biggrin

Yup! New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_pirat

My lips are sealed New Hair do - Page 7 Icon_silent[/quote]

lol New Hair do - Page 7 Lol
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 29th July 2010, 3:31 pm

My eyeshadow today....

New Hair do - Page 7 Purple13

New Hair do - Page 7 Purple14
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 29th July 2010, 4:10 pm

Just stoppin by to say hi! I'm glad I'm not the only one having notification issues. LOL
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 29th July 2010, 9:45 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:My eyeshadow today....

New Hair do - Page 7 Purple13

New Hair do - Page 7 Purple14

Ooooooohhh purple! That's a majestic shade! Feeling queenly today? It looks great!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie 29th July 2010, 10:02 pm

Can you come to my house and teach me how to apply makeup?! Yours is gawshus!!!

All I have mastered is Clearasil "foundation" and Vaseline "gloss"!! New Hair do - Page 7 Lol
blondie
blondie

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 29th July 2010, 10:06 pm

blondie wrote:Can you come to my house and teach me how to apply makeup?! Yours is gawshus!!!

All I have mastered is Clearasil "foundation" and Vaseline "gloss"!! New Hair do - Page 7 Lol

LMAO!!!! Why of course!!! I think I need to use more of that "foundation"
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next