CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

+50
MellowOne
Karyn
CocaColaCutie
jcanalena79
Nikcoils
KeishaMac
TheRYL1
cutephantasm
Cherry: extraordinary!
Erica5417
neethair
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
KinkyNappyHappy
bholmes87
SisterBoyd
BlondeByDesire
adiaha
p_nuttie43
NaturalChica
Pinkrage
Juices-n-Berries
truet
Pi*Jay
dajewel
sweetdrk1
lovesunshine17
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
Lynnieluve
Keisha
ytiznatural
Winnielours
Enchantment
AfrikanLatina
SheeTacular
HumanNature
crustaceans
ChrsLvsBks
beautifuleyez
tiashaunteé
curlycaramelo
nmoultry
BajanPrincess82
Free2009
d.denise
curly+kinky+fierce
teri-teri-boberry
crvng4mr
TerraD
54 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by SheeTacular 6th January 2010, 6:32 pm

or butter them up and get in a hot hot shower. That's what happened to mine...accidental discovery.
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Empty Re: TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts!

Post by TerraD 7th January 2010, 2:48 am

LOL @ sheetacular!

tiashauntee: We can so do this! Even if they need retwisted near the end of the month LOL

Thanks lynnie and d.denise!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th January 2010, 9:32 pm

My twists started unraveling last night!!! Though, I did do an amazing scalp massage after oiling my scalp. It definitely put me to sleep, I didn't even read my book last night. (Joplin's Ghost by Tanarive Due- this book is really good, if anyone is looking for a book!) I'm re-sealing the ends today. I put it in an updo for church tonight. I took the top twists and twirled them into a flat bun and did the same with the bottom half. Once I figure out what I'm actually doing, I will post pics LOL.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 7th January 2010, 10:10 pm

You can do it, that this twist month as a learning experience. You will learn how to work your twists so that they do not unravel. Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 7th January 2010, 10:53 pm

TerraD wrote:My twists started unraveling last night!!! Though, I did do an amazing scalp massage after oiling my scalp. It definitely put me to sleep, I didn't even read my book last night. (Joplin's Ghost by Tanarive Due- this book is really good, if anyone is looking for a book!) I'm re-sealing the ends today. I put it in an updo for church tonight. I took the top twists and twirled them into a flat bun and did the same with the bottom half. Once I figure out what I'm actually doing, I will post pics LOL.

I love her stuff...I am going to have to download that to my Reader...
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 7th January 2010, 10:56 pm

LOL @ tia: This is true!

sweetdrk1: This is the first I've read of hers, but heard great things about her writing!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 8th January 2010, 8:27 pm

I'm still wearing twists. I remoisturized and sealed my ends last night. I noticed that when I seal my ends they get even straighter! It doesn't bother me, as long as they do not unravel. I did another random attempt at an updo. I will keep doing this until tiashauntee finds some cool styles for us ( TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin LOL). I did another scalp massage and I think I may make them a part of my regimen! In other news, I have begun using Aveeno cream cleanser and my face adores it! My skin is practically glowing and the scars are slowing fading.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th January 2010, 8:52 pm

Your twists look good! Glad you found a way to work with your uncooperative side and a way to stop them from unraveling. I do mine on dry hair because I have a hard time with them staying on wet hair. I may try on damp hair next time.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 8th January 2010, 10:58 pm

Shocked @ me coming up with styles
cheers for Aveeno, I love that stuff!!!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 9th January 2010, 3:13 am

Thanks Chrs!

LOL @ tia
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th January 2010, 1:22 pm

So ladies....I still have my twists....but they are starting to itch. It could be my mind programmed into thinking that after a week, I need a wash. On the positive side, I've learned that since my ends are straight I need to stick to updos. So I finally mastered the one that I have been tweaking all week. Here are photos:

From the front it looks like a bun
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Photo_50

In the back it looks pretty cool
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Photo_51

Here's a semi-close up of the back.
TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Photo_52

My friends and family were really jocking my little tucked bun yesterday, so I decided to finally post pics. My roots are a little loose from my scalp massages and my scalp does itch. I will try to go another week before washing and re-doing my twists!

Have a great day!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th January 2010, 1:36 pm

Looks great!!!!

I am thinking of taking a tip and cleaning my scalp where the parts are to get rid of the itches. It's not but it feels like it's getting worse.

I was also thinking and doing a rinse with a stocking cap on and using the ACV/Baking soda mix I use on the hubby.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th January 2010, 1:49 pm

Thanks! I was thinking about that too! Someone's blog post I saw the other day said that she cleans her daughter's scalp with a wet cloth. I may do that and then just retwist each one. I'm afraid to try the ACV after my burned scalp!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 11th January 2010, 1:50 pm

oh yea...you might want to stir clear of ACV. Have you ever tried Witch Hazel? I heard that works well also.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 11th January 2010, 1:54 pm

I've never tried it, my aunt swears by it though! I will probably try the ACV mix when I feel like I need a clarifying rinse. If it does the same thing, I'll just write it off LOL
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2010, 6:40 pm

Going strong with the twists, congrats! Yeah, the itching happened to me after a few days. Like you wrote, I wonder was it a mental thing other than a physical thing. It is something to definitely consider.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 11th January 2010, 7:56 pm

Love the pin up do. It looks like locs on the pics to me. I'm glad your twist are still holding up. You and Tia are my inspiration to keep my mini twist for 2 weeks...I'm on day 3 today. 11 more days to go. TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Icon_biggrin
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 11th January 2010, 9:57 pm

Glad to see you still have the twist in. I am in love with that bun. Good job girl, you should be proud!
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th January 2010, 12:45 am

Thanks ladies! I'm surprised with myself! Thanks for the support.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by d.denise 12th January 2010, 12:52 am

ooooh I love that bun! and im with you on the scalp massages!
d.denise
d.denise

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th January 2010, 2:03 am

Thanks d.denise! Girl, my scalp is loving me!
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 12th January 2010, 2:06 am

Love the twists and the bun. Very nice job TerraD, MM, Life and Brazilian Blowouts! - Page 11 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by TerraD 12th January 2010, 1:53 pm

So, I will probably re-do my twists on friday. They are still working, but could look much better! LOL Last night I scalp massaged and sealed my ends wit coconut oil, today they are in the same updo from yesterday! Have a great day.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th January 2010, 1:56 pm

I am trying to refrain from re-doing mine. It just takes so much time, lol and I am being lazy.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 12th January 2010, 3:31 pm

TerraD wrote:So, I will probably re-do my twists on friday. They are still working, but could look much better! LOL Last night I scalp massaged and sealed my ends wit coconut oil, today they are in the same updo from yesterday! Have a great day.

How long have you had them in?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next