CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

+22
cyclingchick
QuietButterfly
NubieNatty
krazy coils
tiashaunteƩ
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
Reshon30
AfrikanLatina
Intelligentbeauty
naturalmommyGA
d.denise
CocoEuro
curlyq145
beautifuleyez
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
crvng4mr
26 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Empty Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

Post by crvng4mr 12th November 2009, 11:19 pm

Hey all! Well last night I did absolutely nothing with my hair. I was too tired and lazy and just put on my bonnet to go to sleep. Of course I had no clue as to what I would do with my hair this morning but it turned out great even though I am supposed to be wearing protective styles during the week because of my HIH problem. Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Icon_redface So I co-washed (I was supposed to do that last night) with Oyin's Honey Hemp. Side note* when I co-wash I don't section*. I rinsed with cool water and put a little more as a leave in. I alwasy air dry and never towel dry, ever. I then sectioned my hair in 4 and used Oyin's Whipped Pudding on each section. I then brused with my denman. Love my denman! I decided since it was cool out that I would put my hair up. I did a flat twist on each side to the center and put everything in a banana clip sideways. Viola! My style for the day. I also put a little of Oyin's Shine and Define to slick back my edges. Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Icon_biggrin

Don't know what I will be doing tomorrow....stay tuned!
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1214

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1215
[img]http://i82.ser[url=https://servimg.com/view/14526379/15]Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1218vimg.com/u/f82/14/52/63/79/hpim1216.jpg[/img][/url]
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1217

Last edited by crvng4mr on 2nd September 2010, 8:09 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Empty Re: Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 7:18 pm

Okay so I had to get up quick this morning and out for a meeting at my office. I just redid the same style from yesterday dry. It still looked good so no harm. I am going to come back and review Oyin's Honey Hemp Condish since I keep raving about it.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Empty Re: Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th November 2009, 9:44 pm

I love that style. I may have to incorporate it into my repertoire.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 9:52 pm

Thank you...I think it's pretty simple and easy also. The hardest part is makking sure the twists in the front are even with each other. You don't want your hair looking lopsided. lol
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th November 2009, 9:55 pm

Great point, I will keep that in mind. I wonder if doing a side part would offset if the twists are not even. I prefer side parts on me since you can really tell that my hairline is uneven when parted down the middle.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 10:23 pm

That would probably work but for me then I have too much hair on one side and then it's hard for the banana clip to close and lock. lol oh well.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 13th November 2009, 10:48 pm

So here is my review on Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner, first a description from their site:

Oh, Honey. It's a natural humectant... nature's gift for glowing, supple hair. Ah, Hemp Oil. With a rich array of Fatty Acids to ensure well-nourished tresses. Oh! Ah! Oyin's Honey-Hemp Conditioner! How could it possibly be improved? Perhaps by adding Silk Protein and Aloe Vera Gel... just to take the succulence over the top. ;o)
A creamy rinse-out conditioner has been an often-requested product at Oyin. We are very proud of the Honey-Hemp Conditioner - a light, penetrating, silky blend enriched with aloe vera gel, hemp oil, honey, and hydrolyzed silk protein, it's got nice detangling slip and serious moisturizing power. It rinses cleanly and also makes a nice pre-shampoo deep conditioning treatment. It can even be used as a creamy, nourishing leave-in!
To use: Slather on. Hum a tune. (To use as a pre-shampoo deep treatment, insert an hour and/or a warm towel here.) Detangle. Rinse Out. Ah yeah.
This product is preserved with a paraben-free wide-spectrum cosmetic preservative. Now available in 8oz, 16oz, and YES ~ 32oz bottles! Surprised)

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Condish

It does everything listed....and it smells wonderful! It smoothes the hair and instantly provides slip so that the tangles melt away leaving your hair baby bottom soft. I usually co-wash, rinse and the reapply a little as a leave-in. My hair is very happy after that. Although it takes about 2 weeks to get it, you will be surprised by all that it does. I originally got an 8oz but that only lasted 11/2 weeks. So I quickly placed an order for a 32oz.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 14th November 2009, 10:18 am

I love Oyin's Products! I love the hair!!
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 14th November 2009, 1:20 pm

You have def made the honey hemp conditioner the next item on my wish list to try.
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 15th November 2009, 12:02 am

Okay so tomorrow is hair day again and I am experimenting once again. i was going to do a deep treatment of plain yogurt and honey but when I went to the grocery store they didn't have any plain yogurt any smaller than a 32oz. I am one that hates waste. I mean I really hate waste and no of us like to eat plain yogurt so I got sour cream,lol. I remember someone on here talking about using sour cream so I just figured it should work. So, my plan is to shampoo with Oyin's Honey wash and DC with the sour cream ( my question is do you guys think I should add honey to the sour cream?). The shampoo and my wash out has honey in it. Do you think that will be too much honey especially because it is a humectant.

Thoughts?
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 17th November 2009, 12:36 am

Okay Divas, I am loving my TnC! I took pictures this morning before I left for work and my card wasn't in the camera, so the pics are stuck in my camera. I am so bumped because I can't believe how well they came out. I posted my sour cream as a treatment review under the sour cream for managability post. The only problem is that my hair took forever to dry. I mean I did it yesterday at about 11am and this morning at 9am it was still not dry. I had to sit under the dryer for 40 minutes. i also realized that I wanna try a roller set now. These might be my saving graces for the winter!

I don't know how to preserve this look so I guess I will retwist and pin curl, then put on my bonnet. hopefully that will work
I think my daughter got my pics off the camera and on a card****

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1226
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1227
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1228
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1229
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Hpim1230

It worked....yippie! Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" 617583
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 18th November 2009, 12:29 am

Okay I didn't get the 2nd day hair I was looking for. i think instead of pinning the curl up last night I should have used rollers. So I wore it in a loose french roll with the front out. Tonight I am going to put it in a high ponytail and throw on my silk bonnet. I'll deal with what I'm going to do in the morning depending on how it looks after I take down the high pony.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 19th November 2009, 12:39 am

Goodnight Ladies, it has been a long day! This morning my hair looked a mess after I took it down from a high pony. I decided that I would make a little bump in front and pull the sides and top back in a semi roll and pull the back up in a separate roll. I thought it was cute. i was going to take pics but on y way home I found ou that a girl stole my business cell from my daughter today at bball practice so I was fuming. Let's just say I will be up there first thing in the morning. Tomorrow i plan on co-washing and trying a roller set. I was supposed to do that tonite but anyways I will post my findings tomorrow.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th November 2009, 12:38 am

Okay well today was a side ponytail. I am a little dissapointed in that I didn't co-wash and do my roller set today. After all the cell phone drama from last night through this morning, things didn't get back to normal until 11am. So i was behind 2 hrs. I am pooped and I have to start out very early tomorrow morning. The great thing about natural hair is that I have more options when I am busy like this. Smile See ya'll tomorrow.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 24th November 2009, 1:22 am

Hi ladies! This is the busy season for me now until 12/31, so i will be posting at least M-F with my hair updates. So Saturday I gave KCCC another try and loved it. I must have used just the right amount because my hair was fllllyyyyy. That's old skool I know! Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" 617583 Anywho I did a wash n go and it was da bomb! There I go again...lol. So yesterday of course was hair day in my house and I am still looking for placenta to use on my hair. I washed with Giovanni 50/50 and dc with AOHC mixed with EVOO. I don't think my hair likes oils at all. It felt sort of brittle when I put the oil on my hair first then the AOHC. I kept on for 1 hr and rinsed thoroughly the I co-washed with Oyin Honey Hemp and rinsed again. I put on a little KCKT as a leave in. I then put in Qhemet's Detangling Ghee as a cream leave in (first time I used it this way and I really like the results). I then twisted with Oyin whipped pudding and curled ends with rollers.

My hair wasn't dry in the am so I wore it pinned up in a crown. I will post pics tomorrow of my best wash n go so far from Saturday tomorrow. TTFN
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 25th November 2009, 1:24 am

Okay so I wore my hair in a crown again today but I plan on doing a wash in go tomorrow. I wanted to upload some pics from my last WnG but there seems to be something wrong with my computer and this site. It's weird because it's only this site, anywho as soon as I get a normal home page then I will post those pics.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanNature 25th November 2009, 8:49 pm

When I saw the pink and blue rollers for the TnC, I wondered how it would look - well needless to say it looks GREAT. I really like the style on you. Have you ever had the style last longer than two days?
HumanNature
HumanNature

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 26th November 2009, 12:48 am

Thanks HumanNature! I have not been able to have it last for 2 days yet. I only tried once so far but I will be trying it again real soon. Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Icon_smile
Well I am at my mom,s house so I can't upload my pics tonight. This morning I was rushing and did a wash n go with the KCKT and KCCC but did not take the time to apply correctly so I kind of have a curly fro instead of a wash n go....wow that rhymes.....lol....anywho I was happy. Tonight is supposed to be condition night but I have to bake 2 cakes for tomorrow so I have that out of the way and we just got back from seeing "This Is It'. Love Michael (RIP). I will condition tomorrow I think with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut and then leave in some KCKT and apply KCCC for a fab WnG. Looking forward to taking lots of pics of my holiday do! Night, night!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by beautifuleyez 26th November 2009, 10:28 pm

Love your hair. It is so shiny and pretty! I love your TnC! How was your hair styled on your avatar? Are those coils?

Happy Thanksgiving
Blessings
beautifuleyez
beautifuleyez

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 27th November 2009, 1:23 pm

Hoping you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. What kind of cakes did you bake?

I'm looking forward to pictures of your WnG.

Last edited by ChrsLvsBks on 27th November 2009, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling)
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 27th November 2009, 3:38 pm

Hi beauties! I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! We ate finally at 8pm! ugh! I was soooo done. Had an issue with the caramel icing for one of the cakes. Anywho, of coarse no time to post. i wish I could have because I really want to win some henna!

@beautifuleyez thank you sooo much! in my avatar I used the Terri method of just using conditioner and smoothing each curl. I will get the her site for you so you can see her tutorial. I don't think it's called a coil.

@ChrsLvsBks My mom and I made coconut cake and tried to do a caramel cake but the frosting didn't come out right and we tried twice. Oh well. It was a great experience with my mom. I think we are going to buy chocolate icing to ice the homade cake with today. We are all cooked out. I didn't even shower no less do a WnG yesterday but I'm going to do it now, so I will post pics in a bit.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 28th November 2009, 1:13 am

Okay got my pics from my WnG. This isn't my best but it isn't my worse. I like it so that's all that matters. I know one thing I used Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut as a cowash and KCKT as my leave in and then KCCC. I think I am on protein overload. I am going back to my moisturizing stage for a bit. Hope you all like!
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00110
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00111
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 28th November 2009, 5:28 pm

Re: Crvng4mr "length"

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" I_icon_minipost_new by crvng4mr Yesterday at 11:13 pm

Okay got my pics from my WnG. This isn't my best but it isn't my worse. I like it so that's all that matters. I know one thing I used Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut as a cowash and KCKT as my leave in and then KCCC. I think I am on protein overload. I am going back to my moisturizing stage for a bit. Hope you all like!

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image Click to see fullsize
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00110[/url]

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image Click to see fullsize
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00111[/url]

Love your Wng and TNC!! Too cute. How did you apply KKCC? Did you section hair in parts and then apply it or just rake it through? I usually rake mine through and it don't look like yours but a fro and I want to see the definition of the curl. Also, when you wash your hair at night what do you do to it to preserve it? I usually wear WnGs but with it getting cold I don't think I'm gonna be able to do that b/c I don't want to catch a cold. i did my first TNC and loved it but like you trying to preserve the curls didn't work so it ended up being pulled into a ponytail today. I'm gonna try again and see what I can do to preserve the curls. I'm lazy when it comes to that which is why I like the WnGs. Also, how do you post pics in your message?
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 28th November 2009, 11:36 pm

@curlyq145 i apply to the top first because my hair is more pourous there and then underneath and separate the back. then I apply to the back section, sides and finger comb. I wash or co-wash in the morning so I at least have that day of wear for my hair. I put on a silk bonnet at night and that's about it. there is a sticky for posting pics. HTH Thanks for the compliment.

Today I decided to do my first faux hawk. We are still at my mothers and she has an historical home so small bathrooms and bad mirrors(at least for hair and makeup). It came out good but I think it could have been fierce if I was home in my bathroom. Let me know what ya'll think?
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00112
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00113
Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" Img00114
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th November 2009, 12:40 pm

I LOVE your frohawk. Your curls are popping. What did you use, if anything, to slick back your sides?

You are working it with your earrings and top/jacket--too cute.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next