CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

+22
cyclingchick
QuietButterfly
NubieNatty
krazy coils
tiashaunteƩ
bholmes87
KinkyNappyHappy
Juices-n-Berries
Lynnieluve
Reshon30
AfrikanLatina
Intelligentbeauty
naturalmommyGA
d.denise
CocoEuro
curlyq145
beautifuleyez
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
SheeTacular
ChrsLvsBks
crvng4mr
26 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Empty Re: Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

Post by crvng4mr 4th May 2010, 11:31 am

@ krazy Thanks!

@Nubie My BS store only has 2 everytime I go in but I bought mine in Oct 09' and I am not even half way through it. I can't wait to try the conditioner because if I love it then I can buy it at my BS 32oz for 10 bucks. I haven't tried YTCarrots yet. I am debating it because I try to stay clear of cones as much as I can even though I love HEHH. That is definitely one of my HG's.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Empty Re: Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary"

Post by crvng4mr 4th May 2010, 11:04 pm

Yeah! I had to post something non hair related, even though my daughter said my hair looked a mess when I went to pick her up. I had just finished Zumba and had to pick my kids up quickly from religious classes at church, drive them home and get back to the BodyWorks class. Anywho today is always my weigh day and I am down 6lbs this week. Hooray! Now if I can maintain and loose at least 2lbs after this big weekend then I will be estatic. Have a great night all!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th May 2010, 11:10 pm

Your twists look really nice. Your daughter did an excellent job!! Congrats on your weight loss!! Six pounds in 1 week is great....I need to workout with you!
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 4th May 2010, 11:16 pm

Thanks Quiet! I am hyped! It's not me but the class instructor Carmen, she kicks our butts but it's sooo much fun!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th May 2010, 11:37 pm

Great job on losing weight! What is helping you to lose the weight other than exercise? I have hit a plateau and doing my best to not become discouraged.

crvng4mr wrote:Hi ladies! So my major goal is to keep my hair healthy and achieve my length goal of mid-back length straight and full shoulder length all around natural. I feel like my hair is growing and now I feel like I am having to change up routines. I hate change! Anywho I am looking at different styles and stylers to help me be me.

I have one big problem area, my crown. The shrinkage is fierce and I believe it has protein overload as the rest of my hair is neutral. It is driving me crazy. I have an appt with the "Curl Whisperer" on may 18th. I am soooo looking forward to it. I know she will be able to tell me so much info in regards to my hair's dna (poresity, type, strength, texture etc.) and I look forward to getting a DevaChan haircut. My hair definitely needs better shape.

So I have tried YTCucumbers for a little over a week and I think its pretty good. My first impression wasn't that great but I think it was because I tried it first on a shampoo day. I did a DC with sour cream, honey, EVOO on dry hair for 2 hours and loved it. I can't say that my HG is YTC but if I need to run out to get something then at least I can use this as a fall back. I will be trying in the near future SheaMoisture as soon as I find it at a Target and Giovanni conditioners (including leave in) even though I have been and continue to use their 50:50 Shampoo and love it. I bought a huge bottle at my beauty supple store (I mean like 32Oz) for only $9.99. It's going to last me until October if not longer I think (a whole year) since I only wash every 3 to 4 weeks.

I have a very busy schedule starting next Saturday for 6 days. My son, Cai, is having his first communion on Sat, the next day is Mother's Day and my brother's birthday. Then Wednesday is Cai's birthday and mine is the next day Thursday! I am working on some styles the will look fierce and wwon't take forever. Suggestions welcome Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Icon_smile .
You are going to the Curl Whisperer. OMGoodness, how wonderful! Her book and website have been amazing to me. Once I found them I can say I truly found what worked and doesn't work for my hair--love love love her advice. I may schedule a trip down to see her next year for a Devachan cut. I have only heard great things about her and how she takes the time to ask what you want, use and what you hope to achieve. Stylists like her are a rare, rare jewel. I cannot wait to hear how it went for you.

If you like HE HH & YTCucumbers, you may like CJ's Beauticurls leave in and hibiscus & banana honey butta leave in along with Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk and Hair Nectar. My hair feels better using CJ and KBB's than using HE HH

Sounds like your regimen is working for you. Length retention will come.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 4th May 2010, 11:54 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Great job on losing weight! What is helping you to lose the weight other than exercise? I have hit a plateau and doing my best to not become discouraged.

Well last year I went to a doctor for weight loss that I had gone to before fore 3 weeks before I got a personal trainer. I saw the personal trainer 2 days a week for 4 months and I lost 56 lbs. The doctor's program consists of restricting carbs. So this time around I started (my daughter too) with the first 3 days of protein only to get my body into ketosis(jump start) and then a limit of 20 carbs and 800 calories a day for 2 weeks. Then after that 1200 calories, 3 meals and 2 snacks everyday, and 20 carbs per meal. Also during this whole time I drink between half a gallon to a gallon of water or crystal light. Between that and the workouts 2 times a week that's it! I have even found paste with only 5 net carbs that is regular pasta! Change up your routine a bit because your body is probably used to it by now.

crvng4mr wrote:Hi ladies! So my major goal is to keep my hair healthy and achieve my length goal of mid-back length straight and full shoulder length all around natural. I feel like my hair is growing and now I feel like I am having to change up routines. I hate change! Anywho I am looking at different styles and stylers to help me be me.

I have one big problem area, my crown. The shrinkage is fierce and I believe it has protein overload as the rest of my hair is neutral. It is driving me crazy. I have an appt with the "Curl Whisperer" on may 18th. I am soooo looking forward to it. I know she will be able to tell me so much info in regards to my hair's dna (poresity, type, strength, texture etc.) and I look forward to getting a DevaChan haircut. My hair definitely needs better shape.

So I have tried YTCucumbers for a little over a week and I think its pretty good. My first impression wasn't that great but I think it was because I tried it first on a shampoo day. I did a DC with sour cream, honey, EVOO on dry hair for 2 hours and loved it. I can't say that my HG is YTC but if I need to run out to get something then at least I can use this as a fall back. I will be trying in the near future SheaMoisture as soon as I find it at a Target and Giovanni conditioners (including leave in) even though I have been and continue to use their 50:50 Shampoo and love it. I bought a huge bottle at my beauty supple store (I mean like 32Oz) for only $9.99. It's going to last me until October if not longer I think (a whole year) since I only wash every 3 to 4 weeks.

I have a very busy schedule starting next Saturday for 6 days. My son, Cai, is having his first communion on Sat, the next day is Mother's Day and my brother's birthday. Then Wednesday is Cai's birthday and mine is the next day Thursday! I am working on some styles the will look fierce and wwon't take forever. Suggestions welcome Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Icon_smile .
You are going to the Curl Whisperer. OMGoodness, how wonderful! Her book and website have been amazing to me. Once I found them I can say I truly found what worked and doesn't work for my hair--love love love her advice. I may schedule a trip down to see her next year for a Devachan cut. I have only heard great things about her and how she takes the time to ask what you want, use and what you hope to achieve. Stylists like her are a rare, rare jewel. I cannot wait to hear how it went for you.

If you like HE HH & YTCucumbers, you may like CJ's Beauticurls leave in and hibiscus & banana honey butta leave in along with Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Milk and Hair Nectar. My hair feels better using CJ and KBB's than using HE HH

Sounds like your regimen is working for you. Length retention will come.

Thanks! I am soooo excited. I really can't wait to learn more about my hair from her. I met her in October at a Naturals meet up and she is soooo nice.

I have been wanting to try CJ and Karen Body but I am trying to really feel out each product first. i am almost done with YTCucmbers so when I see Tiffany I can then move on to either Giovanni or CJ(since she carries it in her shop now) Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 678474 . I am an instant gratification chick, but my hair has grown on schedule. My last relaxer was 2 years and 2 weeks ago and my BC was end of September 2009. I am grateful. Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 879602
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th May 2010, 1:38 pm

Hi everyone! I am finally winding down from the past couple of very hectic but wonderful weeks. I am posting pictures from my son, Cai's, First Communion, his birthday and my birthday. I was very happy with my choice of hair style for the week. The ow bun to the side with a pin curl, thanks Chrslvsblk, was awesome!

I also had an appt with Tiffany, the Curl Whisperer, (btw she says hello to everyone). It went great! She was reading for me at exactly 2, my appt time, and we talked about my hair for at least the first 30 to 40 minutes. I am happy to know that my hair is healthy, medium texture, average porosity and pretty much a uniform 3c all over(not that it matters). She said I had great shape already on the bottom but the top was heavy, I felt the same way and she cut by the curl dry (Devachon method). Then she shampooed, dc, left in conditioner and added a gel ( all Curl Junkie line). Since I air dry we decided to try to dry on low for 10 minutes under a hood to see how the results were. We both agree my hair doesn't like that. Anyway my appt took about 2 and a half hours from meeting until payment and I loved it.

The salon is very comfortable and she offers Curl Junkie(which I love now!) and Devacurl products. I co-washed the next day and my hair was fab! the cut is fierce and easy and my hair was still moisturized from the Curl Junkie DC for moisture. In a way I wish I had a reason to go back soon because it was a great experience. Anyone who is in the area or even 2-3 hrs away please check her out, it will be worth it.

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 210

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 100_1714

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 100_1715

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 100_1716

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 100_1717

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 100_1718
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th May 2010, 6:39 pm

Saturday I got some sample of Ojon conditioner and leave in from Sephora. Today I cowashed with the conditioner and then put in the leave in. I sealed with coconut oil and then shingled in Ecostyler (which I love btw and can't believe I waited so long to try) all in the shower. I am loving the results. The Ojon is now on my purchase list and is CG friendly, yes! My hair is soft, moisturized and defined. I will post a picture later.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 20th May 2010, 6:53 pm

What a handsome fella!!! Congratulations to him!! (My BFF's daughter had a first communion a few weeks ago)

Happy Belated Birthday to you both!

If I lived in the area, I would definitely let the Curl Whisperer whisper over my curls!! Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Icon_lol
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 20th May 2010, 7:01 pm

Thank you Lynnie! You have to visit Florida and the Curl Whisperer.....shhhhhhhh.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 20th May 2010, 9:59 pm

Praises and blesses to your son, happy belated birthday to you and your son.

Love the low bun and pin curl, very pretty!

I would love to see your hair in its curly state since seeing the Curl Whisperer. Can you do a before and after, please, pretty please? TIA

Yes, Curly Junkie products are moisturizing. I have only tried two products and loved them both. I plan to try more from the line in the next few months.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 2nd September 2010, 8:15 pm

Hi everyone! I am soooooo psyched! Today, exactly one year ago I went to my dominican salon and had my stylist cut off the rest of my relaxed hair. I had transitioned for 18 months before I bc'd and haven't looked back since. I am planning to dc my hair tonight and do a length check.

I will post pictures and my current regime that I follow now.

Sorry I've been gone so long. My kids and I went to Martha's Vineyard for the entire summer. Yay! I am sooooo blessed, as this has been a dream of mine for a few years. Anyway we stayed in my mom's and stepdad's house and they don't have internet so I really couldn't get on. Nice to see everyone in flow and lots of newbies. Very Happy
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 2nd September 2010, 8:17 pm

Happy Anniversary! Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd September 2010, 8:43 pm

Happy 1st Year Natural-versary!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 2nd September 2010, 8:47 pm

Happy 1st Anniversary! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 2nd September 2010, 9:13 pm

Thanks you all! I shall return soon with pics and my current regime.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd September 2010, 9:28 pm

Happy Anniversary!!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 2nd September 2010, 10:35 pm

Happy 1 year anniversary!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 2nd September 2010, 11:39 pm

Thanks ladies!

So first some more great news, my daughter bc'd this summer and is loving her hair! She started high school a week ago and all her friends love it (not that it should matter but being realistic she is 14 so it helped).

I am dcing as we speak so I will write about my current hair care plan (can you tell I have a medical background). I have started to dc twice a week and shampoo every 3-4 weeks depending on how my scalp feels. I first detangle in the shower with HEHH and then I dc with either Curl Junkie or Jessicurl weekly deep treatment ( I alternate each time). I have added Nature's Gate Biotin shampoo when I shampoo and conditioner once a week. I then put on my Hair Therapy Wrap i got from curlmart and I love it. I just pop it in the microwave and wear it for an hour or two. The best thing is that I can do anything because there is no cord.( I even picked my daughter up from her job with it on, she was soooo upset).

I then rinse out and alternate Oyin's Honey Hemp and KKKnot Today as a comb out and leave in. I then use Oyin's Whipped Pudding and coconut oil before I put in Ecostyler gel. ( I left my coconut oil in Mass so I have to pick more up). I have been varying between twistouts, braidouts and wash n go's. Tonight I plan to prepare for a braidout.

So what's next? I plan to use a black rinse on my hair this weekend. I was going to do it tonight but I had to do the skin test for 48 hrs first. This is going to help me decide if I want to go back to using Bigen in Oriental Black.I also have decided that during fall and winter I will switch between straighter styles and curly(as soon as I master the diffuser). So I will be picking up the old formula of Sabino Moisture Block for that.

My wish list:
Ionic Blowdryer w/diffuser, concentrated nozzel and comb attachment
Sabino Moisture Block
Steamer, standalone
Curl Formers

My Goals:
Wear more protective styles for ultimate length retention (buns)
MBL by 12/31/2010
on the way to WL 2011

Be back with pictures after I braid my hair, tata for now!
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 3rd September 2010, 5:50 pm

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1410

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1411

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1412

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1510

crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 3rd September 2010, 5:57 pm

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1511

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1610

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1611

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1616

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1614

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1613

Crvng4mr " It's my 1 year BC anniversary" - Page 4 Hpim1612

crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 5th September 2010, 3:50 pm

I did it! My hair is now jet black (I think) at least it looks that way while I am dc'ing. I used Beautiful Collection by Clairol rinse in jet black. I am almost done dc'ing so I will report back after.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th September 2010, 5:34 pm

Congrats on hitting the one year mark!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by crvng4mr 6th September 2010, 11:27 pm

Thank you Sweet!

I am loving my hair color! I haven't worn my hair out in 2 days because I am trying to wear more PS throughout the week.
crvng4mr
crvng4mr

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 8th September 2010, 11:12 pm

Happy one year BC anniversary!

You will reach your goal. Shrinkage is something else I tell you, something else.

Congrats to your DD! Cutting one's hair off at any age comes with its ups and downs yet to do it as a teenager, IMO, is monumental.

I love black hair!

Wow the entire summer in Martha's Vineyard. Too Cool!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next