CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me & Mandy

+35
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
Juices-n-Berries
Abisco
MsJay1121
NaturalChica
LilMsPuddles
Erica5417
vmichelle
Tamren
adiaha
HumanNature
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Serenity23
Kea::curls
traveljunkie08
SheeTacular
tiashaunteƩ
Pi*Jay
Ziggs
Free2009
CurlySpeechTherapist
A85
sweetdrk1
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
dajewel
D-Lish
BindyMac08
curly+kinky+fierce
39 posters

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Me & Mandy - Page 10 Empty Re: Me & Mandy

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th December 2009, 10:59 pm

@.:Eden:., I am with you. I love the "jheri curl" look Mandy had going on.

@curly+kinky+fierce, Mandy looked great! You can try to make flax seed gel. It is all natural. Be forewarned it feels slimy going on but does not dry hair. Let me know if interested in finding out more.

I will subscribe to your channel immediately.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 30th December 2009, 2:23 am

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@.:Eden:., I am with you. I love the "jheri curl" look Mandy had going on.

@curly+kinky+fierce, Mandy looked great! You can try to make flax seed gel. It is all natural. Be forewarned it feels slimy going on but does not dry hair. Let me know if interested in finding out more.

I will subscribe to your channel immediately.

Chrs I'm interested!! bounce

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 30th December 2009, 9:04 pm

@Eden, I provided you directions on how to make it on your BnB thread.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 2nd January 2010, 5:19 pm

wowwwwwwww im late! umm whats flax seed gel chrs?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd January 2010, 7:34 pm

Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_cheers Happy New Year Curlies!

I pray that this is a year in which we THRIVE and Transform (or keep transforming) to what God wants us to be!

To Mandy:

Happy New Year and Bday! Its ur 3rd month anniversary and im proud of you! We have been through our share of ups and downs, but I have so enjoyed you. U are a true DIVA Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_king and u do what u want but thats ok...u get it from ya mama! lol...BUT i vow to u that I will give u what I know u like...and when I take u through changes..you might not like it at first, but I will make sure its good for u in the long run. Soooo..I look foward to the future!!

Love

MAMA

...Currently im sitting here with my avocado deep condish in my hair (which is amazing) and im just thinking about how im going to style...I ALWAYS DO TWIST OUTS! I want to try something different...I may revisit the braid out but im just not the best braider in the world....

so im wondering if my hair needs a trim? i havent since i bcd but it doesnt look raggedy or anything... Me & Mandy - Page 10 Confused

I also wonder how she will grow...if it will be up and out or out and down??

Hmmm..things to ponder i guess..

Last edited by curly+kinky+fierce on 3rd January 2010, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamren 3rd January 2010, 7:59 pm

That's cool you've named your hair and writing an open letter to her! I'm started to read all of your (everyone's) challenge posts. Very Happy
Tamren
Tamren

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 3rd January 2010, 8:22 pm

whatever she does she will be gorgeous!!! I am sure of that!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd January 2010, 9:57 pm

Tamren wrote:That's cool you've named your hair and writing an open letter to her! I'm started to read all of your (everyone's) challenge posts. Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Awww...thanks Tamren!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 3rd January 2010, 9:58 pm

sweetdrk1 wrote:whatever she does she will be gorgeous!!! I am sure of that!!

awww...thank u! And congrats on winning!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 4th January 2010, 12:13 am

I've been wondering about a trim too but I think I'm going to wait a while longer. I'm coming up on 3 months next week. The time has really flown by!
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 4th January 2010, 12:55 am

So what's the scoop with the avocado deep treatment??? Tell me tell me tell me!!!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 4th January 2010, 1:11 am

Im with Eden, whats the ingredients and whats the results (benefits). I realized the other day after washing my hair I didn't have a deep conditioner. I used EVOO and EVCO, which I loved but I want something creamy too (maybe out of habit)
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 4th January 2010, 1:53 am

@travel...girl doesnt it!!! Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_biggrin in the words of Janet J "Funny how time flies when you're having fun"!

@Eden & Adiaha

Benefits of Avocado:

the fruit has 11 vitamins and 14 minerals...its rich in protein, contains potassium, and vitamin C. it softens and moisturizes your hair really really well..(its recommended for "cream baths" once a week) It leaves hair hydrated,shiny, and very elsastic.

My Avocado Deep Condish:

1 small Avocado
Aprx 3 tablespoons mayo (dont recommend if ur protein sensitive)

Aprx 3/4 tablespoons EVOO (i eyeballed it)
Aprx 3/3 tablespoons water ( eyeballed it)

So i cut the avocado in half and emptied the fruit into a blender. I added some mayonaise from the fridge ( i wouldnt recommend this if ur protein sensitive Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_mad bc the avocado already has protein)...I also added EVOO and water (use less than what I recommended if you want the mixture more of a thick consistency...mine was too watery Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes )...I've heard of people using honey and coconut oil, so use the oils of your choice and add your own ingredients if u dont like the ones listed above...

the results...very very soft and moisturized hair...I detangle while the deep condish is in and it made my hair soooooo easy to detangle! Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_cheers My hair loves loves this deep condish..My curls were really defined and springy and shiny..I do this deep condish treatment every other week bc I dont want to over do the hair with protein!

I hope this helps ladies!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 4th January 2010, 1:57 am

I hate avocado even though I'll eat the occasional guacamole at mexican restaurants LOL Anyway now I have a reason to buy them. I think I will try that treatment prior to my next wash, how long do u leave it on and do u use heat with it?
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 3:23 am

I miss pics of mandy.

Say Click Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 4th January 2010, 3:31 am

Awww intelligent! she is doing absolutely nothing new! lmao! Im practicing new hairstyles to change it up!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 4:09 am

Say click, take a pic Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_smile
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 2:12 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Sighhhhh....im pooped! Just got back from a night out where i finally got a few pics of me & the little lady....she did pretty well with today's twist out...

Here are my findings..

* if i want a soft curly fro : Moisturize twist the next day and only apply shea butter and coconut oil

*if i want a soft hold/curly fro: Moisturize twist the next day and add DevaOne care conditioner (thanks nikki)

*if i want more hold/defined curls: Moisturizee twist the next day and Cantu Shea Butter conditioner (only a bit)

Today Mandy did well...I didnt do the chunky twisouts...when i started twisting ...(i dont know what happened that just end up being medium sized twist)

Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_mad Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_mad Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_mad ahhh...tried to upload pics but it didnt work...maybe tom Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes

Me & Mandy - Page 10 Mandy310

Im trying to get the whole 360 angle here...lol

Me & Mandy - Page 10 Mandy411

Me & Mandy - Page 10 Mandy111

so that was last nite!

FIERCE!!! I know I'm late, I had to find you by courtesy of Lynn! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

http://mynaturalme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 2:13 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Mood: Me & Mandy - Page 10 Affraid

I had an accidental discovery last night! So my scalp was a little itchy so I decided to massage some olive oil into my scalp...I got my applicator and started going thru the parts, and as always it started to drip all over ....so I put two baggies on my head, by satin bonnet, and my scarf and went to bed...In the morning I woke up to a beautiful surprise Me & Mandy - Page 10 617583 My hair was soooooooo soft! the olive oil really,really moisturized my hair! And it was soft ALL day long...i mean its 11.29pm and ive been up since 5:45...and its still soft...Mandy's flirt thought so too hehe...I will def incorporate this into my regimen...i may even add it to my deep conditioner or use it alone......P.S... i tried a product ill tell u about it later....

Me & Mandy - Page 10 11182010

this is just a random pic of the hair after the olive oil....xcuse me being a bit xtra! lol

Think I may try this one...I see I've found another sistah who does the model poses with the natural you!!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 4th January 2010, 2:23 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:@travel...girl doesnt it!!! Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_biggrin in the words of Janet J "Funny how time flies when you're having fun"!

@Eden & Adiaha

Benefits of Avocado:

the fruit has 11 vitamins and 14 minerals...its rich in protein, contains potassium, and vitamin C. it softens and moisturizes your hair really really well..(its recommended for "cream baths" once a week) It leaves hair hydrated,shiny, and very elsastic.

My Avocado Deep Condish:

1 small Avocado
Aprx 3 tablespoons mayo (dont recommend if ur protein sensitive)

Aprx 3/4 tablespoons EVOO (i eyeballed it)
Aprx 3/3 tablespoons water ( eyeballed it)

So i cut the avocado in half and emptied the fruit into a blender. I added some mayonaise from the fridge ( i wouldnt recommend this if ur protein sensitive Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_mad bc the avocado already has protein)...I also added EVOO and water (use less than what I recommended if you want the mixture more of a thick consistency...mine was too watery Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_rolleyes )...I've heard of people using honey and coconut oil, so use the oils of your choice and add your own ingredients if u dont like the ones listed above...

the results...very very soft and moisturized hair...I detangle while the deep condish is in and it made my hair soooooo easy to detangle! Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_cheers My hair loves loves this deep condish..My curls were really defined and springy and shiny..I do this deep condish treatment every other week bc I dont want to over do the hair with protein!

I hope this helps ladies!

I think I'm going to try this! Especially since avocados are on sale at the grocery store near me 5/$5!!! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 4th January 2010, 10:23 pm

vmichelle wrote:
curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Mood: Me & Mandy - Page 10 Affraid

I had an accidental discovery last night! So my scalp was a little itchy so I decided to massage some olive oil into my scalp...I got my applicator and started going thru the parts, and as always it started to drip all over ....so I put two baggies on my head, by satin bonnet, and my scarf and went to bed...In the morning I woke up to a beautiful surprise Me & Mandy - Page 10 617583 My hair was soooooooo soft! the olive oil really,really moisturized my hair! And it was soft ALL day long...i mean its 11.29pm and ive been up since 5:45...and its still soft...Mandy's flirt thought so too hehe...I will def incorporate this into my regimen...i may even add it to my deep conditioner or use it alone......P.S... i tried a product ill tell u about it later....

Me & Mandy - Page 10 11182010

this is just a random pic of the hair after the olive oil....xcuse me being a bit xtra! lol

Think I may try this one...I see I've found another sistah who does the model poses with the natural you!!! LOL

WORK IT GIRLS!!!
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th January 2010, 12:34 am

@Vmichelle lmaoo!! lol! Work it girl! Sometimes i think im extra! lol!

@Intelligent...I know im slack.. Me & Mandy - Page 10 Icon_evil

Today i have a twist out as usual! I have a new protective style that I cant wait to share!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by vmichelle 5th January 2010, 12:43 am

Share Share Share!!! Love your youtube page girl! And I know Im extra but I can't control myself..its the hair talking through me! LOL
vmichelle
vmichelle

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 5th January 2010, 1:22 am

@ V thanks girl!!!! and i totally agree about the hair speaking thru u!! lmao!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 5th January 2010, 6:21 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:wowwwwwwww im late! umm whats flax seed gel chrs?
I'm late too.

Flax seed gel can be made from brown or golden flax seeds. From what I have read, golden seeds yield a better product. You start off by placing 2 cups of water in a pot then 1/4 c of the flax seeds. Place it over medium-low heat. Stir often. When foam develops stir constantly and take it off the heat. Strain the gel using a mesh strainer into a container. It will yield about 16 oz of gel. The gel will be slimy, like egg whites. You use a lot of product throughout your hair. You can scrunch out the crunch (SOTC) if you have any with a moisturizer.

Jamaicacurl and Freestyles are also familiar with making and using the gel. I am sure they would not mind if you had questions. In jamaicacurl's BnB challenge. she discusses using and making the gel. Freestyles also comments on jcurl's page about making it.

Let me know if you have any questions.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum