CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Me & Mandy

+35
BlondeByDesire
mrsmackey
Juices-n-Berries
Abisco
MsJay1121
NaturalChica
LilMsPuddles
Erica5417
vmichelle
Tamren
adiaha
HumanNature
Freestyles
Intelligentbeauty
DanceOnTheSkylines
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Serenity23
Kea::curls
traveljunkie08
SheeTacular
tiashaunteƩ
Pi*Jay
Ziggs
Free2009
CurlySpeechTherapist
A85
sweetdrk1
Blackbeauty
CocoEuro
ChrsLvsBks
dajewel
D-Lish
BindyMac08
curly+kinky+fierce
39 posters

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down

Me & Mandy Empty Me & Mandy

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 12th November 2009, 10:15 pm

Ok so I hope I entered again! lol..anyway...Me and Mandy (my TWA) have been going thru sum changes...she has been acting out! She loves heavy creams...and watery ones too (and the hefa even likes Cones! lol)....but ..this week we have been doing an experiment. BC we cant achieve the hairstyles the longer curlies can, we have been perfecting the twisouts and changing them up a bit, adding and taking away products, to see if we can achieve variety Me & Mandy Icon_eek ...this week Mandy showed out (i think)...ok ill come back with my latest finds...gotta go wash my hair before it gets too late Me & Mandy Affraid
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Me & Mandy Empty Re: Me & Mandy

Post by BindyMac08 13th November 2009, 1:06 am

I love that you named your TWA. Mandy is cute! And thanks for the compliment.
BindyMac08
BindyMac08

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 1:14 am

OK! Im back after co washing and twisting my whole head! (this has to be a record breaking time)! im getting better at this...well the twist look something like this...

Me & Mandy Weddin11

and I HOPE they will turn out something like this...

Me & Mandy 1mo_5d10

.....but we shall see...tonight i used my Me & Mandy Icon_arrow LOVELY Cantu Shea Butter Leave in and my DevaCare One condition....I added a special feature today....Karen Body Beautiful hair cream Me & Mandy Icon_bounce .....the coco lime scent is banging!

A few days ago my hair looked like this.....

Me & Mandy Weddin12

which is a shame bc this was 3+ am Club Hair...hmmmm...i think its bc i wet it and only applied shea butter instead of my conditioner...

But ultimately I want my hair to be BIG something like this....

Me & Mandy Family11

but with more curls!......Anyway....we will see what Mandy does tom!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 1:15 am

BindyMac08 wrote:I love that you named your TWA. Mandy is cute! And thanks for the compliment.

Thanks! and ur welcome! lol!!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 8:43 pm

Sooo....the hair thing was a sucess this time...I smelled coco lime all day...I wish i could pull the strands in front my nose and take a huge whiff! ....I am analyzing my twist outs and learning how to create diff textures and looks with them...its fun Surprised) so i went to the mailbox after work and Time Warner sent me a check! Yippee! Now i will fo sho buy some products! lol....hmmmm.....but my camera is dead so no new documents right now...tonight im going out & i will take some pics of Mandy to see what she is lookin like....lets see...nothin else

be back later
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 13th November 2009, 8:46 pm

Mandy is looking nice and healthy. Who's that in the last pic? Surprised
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 8:59 pm

u and mandy looks gorgeous!!!!! rock on!!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 9:24 pm

D-Lish wrote:Mandy is looking nice and healthy. Who's that in the last pic? Me & Mandy Icon_surprised

Thats me! LOL...a few days before I did the big chop! One of my transition styles I was too self conscious to wear... Me & Mandy Icon_redface
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 9:26 pm

dajewel wrote:u and mandy looks gorgeous!!!!! rock on!!

Thanks hun!! On that "kbb thread" what cream do u use??
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Me & Mandy Empty KBB Hair Cream

Post by ChrsLvsBks 13th November 2009, 9:50 pm

I have been using KBB's hair cream. I love the texture. The scent is vanilla latte. It smells delish. I noticed a bit of a shine when I applied it.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 13th November 2009, 10:24 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I have been using KBB's hair cream. I love the texture. The scent is vanilla latte. It smells delish. I noticed a bit of a shine when I applied it.

I used that for the first time yesterday ! i love it!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 13th November 2009, 10:38 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:
dajewel wrote:u and mandy looks gorgeous!!!!! rock on!!

Thanks hun!! On that "kbb thread" what cream do u use??

i haven't used KBB yet. am still holding on to CD hair milk and hair butter...but i believe am going to give up and place an order sometime this weekend.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 2:18 am

Oh ook! I "think" i like CD hair butter...I just ordered more KBB today! Ugh...i gotta stop!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 2:52 am

Sighhhhh....im pooped! Just got back from a night out where i finally got a few pics of me & the little lady....she did pretty well with today's twist out...

Here are my findings..

* if i want a soft curly fro : Moisturize twist the next day and only apply shea butter and coconut oil

*if i want a soft hold/curly fro: Moisturize twist the next day and add DevaOne care conditioner (thanks nikki)

*if i want more hold/defined curls: Moisturizee twist the next day and Cantu Shea Butter conditioner (only a bit)

Today Mandy did well...I didnt do the chunky twisouts...when i started twisting ...(i dont know what happened that just end up being medium sized twist)

Me & Mandy Icon_mad Me & Mandy Icon_mad Me & Mandy Icon_mad ahhh...tried to upload pics but it didnt work...maybe tom Me & Mandy Icon_rolleyes

Me & Mandy Mandy310

Im trying to get the whole 360 angle here...lol

Me & Mandy Mandy411

Me & Mandy Mandy111

so that was last nite!

Last edited by curly+kinky+fierce on 15th November 2009, 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update pics)
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 14th November 2009, 8:11 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Ok so I hope I entered again! lol..anyway...Me and Mandy (my TWA) have been going thru sum changes...she has been acting out! She loves heavy creams...and watery ones too (and the hefa even likes Cones! lol)....but ..this week we have been doing an experiment. BC we cant achieve the hairstyles the longer curlies can, we have been perfecting the twisouts and changing them up a bit, adding and taking away products, to see if we can achieve variety Me & Mandy Icon_eek ...this week Mandy showed out (i think)...ok ill come back with my latest finds...gotta go wash my hair before it gets too late Me & Mandy Affraid

OMGoodness!! You look JUST like my friend in ATL!! LOL!!! Love how you named your hair!!! Too cute!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 14th November 2009, 8:17 pm

FYI--When ordering KBB, I noticed they have specials on Fridays and Tuesdays. This week, you will get a 16 oz of hair cream with an order $60 or more.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 9:34 pm

cocoeuro wrote:
curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Ok so I hope I entered again! lol..anyway...Me and Mandy (my TWA) have been going thru sum changes...she has been acting out! She loves heavy creams...and watery ones too (and the hefa even likes Cones! lol)....but ..this week we have been doing an experiment. BC we cant achieve the hairstyles the longer curlies can, we have been perfecting the twisouts and changing them up a bit, adding and taking away products, to see if we can achieve variety Me & Mandy Icon_eek ...this week Mandy showed out (i think)...ok ill come back with my latest finds...gotta go wash my hair before it gets too late Me & Mandy Affraid

OMGoodness!! You look JUST like my friend in ATL!! LOL!!! Love how you named your hair!!! Too cute!

really cocoeuro?? lol! I love when ppl say u look like someone...it just makes u want to see that person! Me & Mandy Fresse
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 9:38 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:FYI--When ordering KBB, I noticed they have specials on Fridays and Tuesdays. This week, you will get a 16 oz of hair cream with an order $60 or more.

Honey! I saw that! And i went fool lastnite! Me & Mandy 678474 I bought the hair cream in the Pomegranate Guava and & Chamomile Sage! Have u tried those scents?? what about the hair butter? oh im excited!
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbeauty 14th November 2009, 10:06 pm

curly+kinky+fierce wrote:Sooo....the hair thing was a sucess this time...I smelled coco lime all day...I wish i could pull the strands in front my nose and take a huge whiff! ....I am analyzing my twist outs and learning how to create diff textures and looks with them...its fun Surprised) so i went to the mailbox after work and Time Warner sent me a check! Yippee! Now i will fo sho buy some products! lol....hmmmm.....but my camera is dead so no new documents right now...tonight im going out & i will take some pics of Mandy to see what she is lookin like....lets see...nothin else

be back later

What products do you have on ur wish list to buy?
Blackbeauty
Blackbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 10:54 pm

Blackbeauty: KBB I made that wish list a reality lastnite! lol..she had a nice sale going on so I got 2 hair creams...one in pomegranite guave (spell check) and chamomile sage (1 came free with the order) ...1hair milk in cranberry cocktail and the Bodacious shampoo bar...by all means am I not bragging bc im shame that i spend so much money on prods Me & Mandy Icon_redface ...BUT i LOVE her stuff...

I want her (KBB) deep conditioner treatment Me & Mandy Icon_razz

I would love to try that Garnier Triple Moisture that u use. Me & Mandy Herz

Im interested in this a hair cream I saw by Verbena Custom Blends. Me & Mandy Icon_lol

...and now all these curly girls have me wanting to try the Aubrey Organics & Trader Joes.... Me & Mandy Confused

girl the list goes on and on and on Me & Mandy Icon_rolleyes ...

whats urs?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 14th November 2009, 11:29 pm

mood: Me & Mandy Icon_pale
weather: Me & Mandy Icon_sunny

Today was sooooo tiresome...I mean really! Who wants to work on saturday when its so pretty outside?? Today was 2nd day hair....umm...it started off pretty good...

Me & Mandy 2day210

Like i said before im experimenting with how to achieve different looks on my twist outs so...yea....by the end of the day it was frizzy in spots..(well kind of alot of spots hehe..)

Me & Mandy Day211

I have super super thick hair...and it will frizz easily so Im wondering what conditioner would be good to use to combat tose frizzies without weighing my hair down..

I use Cantu Shea Butter leave in (which i will chat more about lata Me & Mandy Icon_razz ) but bc of that cone in it i do my twist with it and use only a little the following days...I have to admit that has been my HG inspite of the way it constantly being bashed! Me & Mandy Icon_sad lol

Me & Mandy Cantu10

But ummm I used more DevaCare One condition today and some KBB cream on the ends of my twist....

Random Thought: I LOVE to manipulate my hair when its wet/damp....! I also love to apply product to my hair when its wet...it helps out alot bc its soooo thick!....but thats all for now im on some product analyzation ...be back... Me & Mandy 617583
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 15th November 2009, 2:13 am

CANTU SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN : THE LOVE/HATE PRODUCT Me & Mandy Herz Me & Mandy Icon_evil

First things first, i do recognize the fact that everyone's hair is different and each head of hair reacts differently to products.

I know that some naturals only use natural products, curly girl method, modified curly girl method (like myself), and some have very few boundaries on the type of products they use.

All of this is OKAY no one is right, or wrong. I say all of that to say that those things play a major role in the products that we use, like, dislike, etc. I noticed that Cantu Shea Butter leave in

Me & Mandy Cantu11

has either a love/hate relationship with curly girls. If it doesnt work for you, by all means thats totally understandable ,but there are a few tips and tricks with this product if anyone was interested in giving it a shot and wanted to form their own opinion about the product.

Me & Mandy Confused Product Description: Stops and mend hair breakage leaves hair soft,shiny, and manageable formulated for severly damaged, dry, or coarse hair

Me & Mandy Confused Ingredients: Sorry Im being lazy & dont want to post all of that but is does have water as the 1st ingredient and a long behind cone ...trimethysilylamodimethicone towards the bottom...

#1. The description says that its for severly coarse hair...so i think that chicas with tighter coils/kinks will take to this product more.

#2. From experience Cantu should be used ALONE. I mix mine with another watery conditioner...but never with Gel or it may form white balls

#3. I recommend that this prod be used on wet or damp hair and a little goes a long way

#4. If you are looking for more of a medium to stronger HOLD on curls this is good...the amount you use determines the hold.

#5. Use in hair for twist outs and to rake product through....I WOULDNT USE IT FOR A DEEP CONDITIONER...

Those are just 5 quick tips for using this product. Use the product according to what type of hold you are looking for...My hair is always soft after usage and i never get white stuff...if its there while styling it fades away when my hair drys...

This was the first prod I tried when natural and my hair has loved it! Me & Mandy 879602

Just my input/review on my boo! lol Me & Mandy Herz
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 15th November 2009, 2:30 am

The link below are some twist outs ive achieved, cantu was one of the products i used...This is also

some inspiration for all the TWA chics!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvPjfvNQWVc
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Me & Mandy Empty KBB Hair Butter

Post by ChrsLvsBks 15th November 2009, 8:23 pm

I have the KBB hair butter. I have used it a couple of times. I used it on dry hair. It gave me shine but didn't moisturize like her hair cream. I really like the hair cream.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

Back to top Go down

Post by curly+kinky+fierce 15th November 2009, 8:41 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I have the KBB hair butter. I have used it a couple of times. I used it on dry hair. It gave me shine but didn't moisturize like her hair cream. I really like the hair cream.

I am LOVING the hair cream!!!! Why does it not moisturize like the cream? Isnt it thicker?
curly+kinky+fierce
curly+kinky+fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum