CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED ADVICE ASAP!!!

3 posters

Go down

NEED ADVICE ASAP!!! Empty NEED ADVICE ASAP!!!

Post by Curliana 26th March 2010, 7:49 pm

I recently BCed my friend. She has about 4 or 5 inches of hair and the front of her hair is almost straight. It will curl while wet (for the most part) but it won't really hold the curl of a twist out. I think it's heat damgage, or it may be that the front of her hair is just like that.

It took her a loooooong time to become comfortable with the idea of wearing her own natural hair so I don't want her to become discouraged. I kinda pushed 2 of my besties to transition and BC so they look to me for advice but I don't have any answers for this one. How can she get her curl pattern back in the front or at least get it to hold a twist out?

ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

NEED ADVICE ASAP!!! Empty Re: NEED ADVICE ASAP!!!

Post by .nikki.b. 26th March 2010, 7:59 pm

It might be heat damage. She may have to just wait until she gets some more new growth and see how it comes out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Maybe she can just try smoothing the front down with some good product [i use fantasia ic gel and castor oil] and wearing headbands. Just to give her an option for the time being until you guys figure it out.

I like this style on Fatima from ANTM...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope this helps.
.nikki.b.
.nikki.b.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Shanikque-Brand/575929029

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 29th March 2010, 2:09 pm

I figured it was heat damage. Its just awkward because she can't only cut that part of her hair. The rest of it is her regular texture. Thanks for the suggestion...I'll get her some ecostyler!
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by jamaicanmecurly 29th March 2010, 2:34 pm

maybe she needs something with a stronger hold when doing her twist outs? It seems like a lot of naturals find different stylers/moisturizers to work differently on their twist outs.
jamaicanmecurly
jamaicanmecurly

http://thirtysomethingandsearching.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down